The tiny terror finally got her haircut yesterday. Now she looks pretty and I look like a respectable mother. It was a win, win.
Look how proper I look in the background. Folded hands. So polite.
So last night when I got home from work I tried my hand at Jillian Micheals Yoga Meltdown for the second time. This time was definitely better than the first time. I'm showing some improvement, but still need to work on the areas like these "coca" something pushups she's adamant I do. I do them facing away from the TV, that way when I'm not doing them as fast as she is it's not my fault.
When I was finished I had all kinds of energy and since I was left standing alone in the living room I decided to CLEAN. My options were limited. I swept, dusted, washed the floor and did the dishes all while listening to J.lo ft Pittbull On The Floor on repeat.
Try telling me this doesn't make you want to dance around clean..
Once I was finished I made myself some suppa. Now this is where I would have typically liked to move my party upstairs and watch one of my Tivo'd shows. HOWEVER, on Sunday I washed the remote. That's right. I washed the comforter, the sheets, the pillow cases and the remote. You can imagine my expression and confusion as I pulled the blankets out of the washer and saw the satellite remote laying in the bottom. WHO did that?!?
Anyway, I spent the rest of the night laying on my Man reading a James Patterson book while he watched hockey.
1) Did you abstain from coffee? Nothin but tea.
2) Did you abstain from alcohol? Yep.
3) Did you abstain from gluten? Sure did.
4) Did you abstain from animal products? Yes, mam.
5) Did you abstain from crack (aka sugar) and choose low-glycemic fruits and better alternatives such as stevia or agave? Yup.
6) Did you dry brush today? Nope.
7) Did you clean your sinuses with the good ol' neti pot? Well Lex informed me what a neti pot is and although I didn't do it yesterday, I may still pick one up and give it a try for nothing else, but the entertainment value.
8) Did you move your body for at least thirty-five minutes? I moved it to Jillian Micheals Yoga Meltdown.
9) Did you meditate for fifteen to 20 miuntes? I DID. Since there's no right or wrong way to meditate (or maybe I just made that up to make myself feel better) I journaled for 20 minutes. I wrote down things I'm grateful for, things I want to work on, and nice thoughts about the people I love. It was fun.
10) Did you chew your meals thoroughly and mindfully? Kind of.
11) Did you laugh out loud and tell someone you loved him or her today? Yes.
12) Did you spend time in nature? Even five minutes is better than nothing. I hung out with Bailey, she's naturish. No?
13) Did you get eight hours of uninterrupted sleep? Pretty much.
14) What did you eat today and did you juice? Include breakfast, lunch, dinner and any in-between snacking - it may help to jot down meals and snacks throughout the day. It was identical to yesterday starting with THIS...
Clearly I'm going to have to get more creative in a hurry. I'm already tired of brussel sprouts. Unfortunately I'm too lazy to get all fancy with recipes involving more than 5 things. I like to keep it simple. Veggies, Oil, Salt or Zucchini Noodles, Hummus and Nutritional Yeast.
15) How much purified water did you consume? You can include fresh veggie juices in you calculations. Mmmm about 80oz.
16) What supplements did you take? Brendan Braziar Whole Food Optimizer.
17) How was your elimination? How was YOUR elimination?
18) What time did you stop eating? Three hours before bed is optimum. About 5 minutes before bed, but just like the day before I did NOT wake up again for snacks.
19) How do you feel physically? Awesome, except my Knee is still a little sore. It's okay though, it makes me feel like an athlete.
20) How do you feel emotionally? So HAPPY.
Today is day THREE. Write that down.