Thursday, September 16, 2010

BLURriness

So I’d love to sit here and tell you that my evening last night was filled with intellectual reading and philosophical discussions, but I’d be lying. It wasn’t that far off though; it was an evening of reality TV premieres and reality TV finales. However, if it makes me look any better, before I engaged in 3 hours of television I auditioned for a commercial, got my eyebrows waxed, cleaned the kitchen AND ate two ezekiel english muffins in one sitting. In that order, I don’t thing fiery red eyebrows would have impressed the casting director much.

First, my Man and I watched Big Brother, here are a few points of interest..

It was down to my two FAVS..

And the WINNER was..... My boyfriend, according to my Man, HAYDEN..

I want Britney and Lane to date..

Dear Britney, If your fiance watched ANY of the Big Brother episodes I think he will understand if you leave him for Lane. Just saying.

So happy "the people" chose mah girl, Britney, for the $25000 prize..

Next up, my Man and I tuned in for the Survivor: Old versus Young. Now I don't have a LOT to say about this first episode but there are three things i'd like to acknowledge.

For one, Jimmy Johnson stole my heart. I hate anyone who tries to claim that he's lying about not being there for the money. It couldn't be more evident that he's on the show because he's been a huge fan of it since the beginning. I heart Jimmy J.

Secondly, my Man figures that Shannon will be my NEW boyfriend. I can't agree with him on this one. Right off the bat appearance wise he's really not my type. I also wouldn't define my type as chauvinist, "I refuse to let a woman win Survivor again. They already control us in marriage, they don't need to do it here." Bitter Shannon? Has someone hurt you?

Now LAST but definitely not least I want to talk about the fact that the network BLURRED out the gotch wearing men's penises. Yes, I said penis and yes, I had to look up the word in it's plural form (penises? or penis's?). As they all walked around gathering wood there was a moving BLUR covering their wood. When I first noticed it I thought perhaps that particular male was unaware that his flap was open, BUT then I noticed they ALL had it. They BLURRED it out because (as you can see in these pictures) you could see the "buldge". Am I the only one shocked by this?

Why not BLUR out the women's cleavage? Or the entire boob for that matter?

Or how about Kristen in the hippie tard? How is, for lack of a better term and because it's funny, a camel toe any different?

I think it's sexist. Unblur the penises.

No comments:

Post a Comment