I finally joined the “dentist’s suck” club. Here’s why… I’m on the 6 month cleaning list. That’s right, this is the list of people that have to come in every 6 months because their teeth are too bad to wait a whole year. 6 monther’s are like second class citizens. The dental hygienists look down on you and ask you rude questions like “have you been brushing?”. Uhhhhh YES I’ve been brushing, what do you think I am? A bum? I have not however been flossing. I used to lie to the hygienists when they asked me this question. However, gums never lie. Swolen, bleeding gums are not a sign of someone who has been flossing. Yesterday was nothing out of the ordinary. My teeth might be clean but it looks like I was chewing on glass.
I have a suspicious feeling that this might replay itself in an hour. Yesterday however, I did floss my teeth under the impression that I would not have to lie to the dental hygienist today. "Have you been flossing?" Why yes, yes I have. If she was smarter she would ask me if i've been flossing for the past 6 months, in which my answer would have to be no. I mean here and there I have, but its been more of a fling. Committed relationship? I'm not ready. So there we have it, I "have been flossing"... yesterday... I'm also banking on the fact that the initital startling floss is the one that swells and bleeds and since I got that out of the way I should be in the clear. I'll let you know if I did in fact beat the system on this one.
SO last night I started reading the second book in Lauren Conrad's series..

I like her..
The trouble with this book being "loosely" based on her life is that you spend the entire time trying read, absorb the story AND figure out who's who. Knowing who's who is vital in knowing more gossip and I WANT the dirt. As I turned each page a million questions were running through my head..
Who is Scarlett? Lo? No, Heidi. No, Lo.
Who is Madison? Heidi, definitely Heidi.
Who is Gabey? Audrina? Is Audrina actually perceived as being THAT stupid? At this point was Stephanie in the show yet?
What about Jesse? Brody or Jason?
Caleb? Stephen? Was Stephen trying to date her after the sex tape scandal?
WHO IS EVERYBODY?! FACK.
Regardless, one thing is for sure. I always know that Jane is Lauren and I like getting her perspective on the entire Hills saga. I mean I've already watched all these "loose" events take place on the show and in the media, but it's entertaining to hear her take. I also know that this book is made for tweens and I enjoy it far more than I should.
I know there has been talk of a possible movie in the works. Now if only I could get a hold of these people talking, I need to tell them something.. Definitely do the movie. This movie will be to me what Harry Potter is to Harry Potter lovers. Speaking of which, you know how Twilight became so big they gave a name to the fans? Twihards. Well why isn't there a name for Harry Potter fans? I think I've got the perfect combination... Potheads.
here's how to handle the flossing thing - my brother and i perfected this method years ago and it's never failed us. you start 7-10 days before your appt and floss every night/once per day. then as you said, when they ask if you've been flossing, you say a proud YUP!!! try it in 6 months!!!
ReplyDeletei think Lauren is gorgeous! and the fact that she left the hills and tried to stay out of that spotlight proves she has much more class and i guess u could say self-respect as well :) dont like the drama chasers in hollywood.
ReplyDeletei went to the dentist in the beginning of july. it had been 2 years since my last appointment..so no worries about the 6 months. 2 years is much too long tho.. lol
XOXO
I've been meaning to tell you that going to the dentist every 6 months is NOT because you are on the “dentist’s suck” club!! You are lucky enough that your dental coverage offers you 2 check ups a year!! You see I always had this PRIMO service until I was cut off from the parentals and on my own. My first "real" job only provided annual dental check ups! NOT impressed...but don't worry my current job has the high class coverage and so I'm on the 6 month visit list too!! :)
ReplyDeleteDo you have LC's first book? Can I borrow it!? haha