Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Don't be Scared..

LOOK at THIS Breakfast Cookie. How goodlooking is that? That's my new scarf behind it. I'd like to believe it looks better wrapped around my neck than this cookie, but this is beautiful. Really beautiful.



While I was eating my cookie I got a little anxious and afraid. Actually that's a lie. I just said that because I thought it would be a good segway into talking about phobias and fears. I discovered a whole world of them yesterday. Here are a few questionable phobias that caught my eye.

Cathisophobia: Fear of sitting.

Stasibasiphobia or Stasiphobia: Fear of standing or walking.

I hope there are no Cathisophonic Stasibasiphobic people out there. They are fudged.

Sesquipedalophobia: Fear of long words.

Really? Who made this one up? The word used to describe the fear of long words just happens to be like 20 letters long? Ask a Sesquipedalophobia what kind of phobia they suffer from and they might die of a heart attack before they spit out “Sesqui”.

Geniophobia: Fear of chins.

Do double chins count? I'm scared of having a double chin.

Deipnophobia: Fear of dining and dinner conversations.

I definitely don’t have this one.

Hadephobia: Fear of hell.

I should have this one.

Hygrophobia: Fear of liquids, dampness, or moisture.

I imagine hygrophobics are a dirty breed.

Cacophobia: Fear of ugliness.

I hope this only plagues good looking people.. or ugly people without mirrors..

Koinoniphobia: Fear of rooms.

Where would you live?

LUNCH

When lunch rolled around my Man suggested we go out to the 13th Avenue Coffee House. After much convincing on his part, JUST kidding, after I cut him off with my answer, "YES", we were on way.

His


Sunrise Curry Bowl (or something to that affect)

Hers


Hummus and Veggies on a Whole Wheat Wrap with Tahini Sauce. YUM. I practically licked my plate clean.

Okay, now let's get back to more interesting things like fears. Here are some of the phobias currently floating around the Condo Castle.

Phasmophobia: Fear of ghosts. I watched the Sixth Sense in grade 7 and i'm still scared to be alone.. with THEM.

Mymandrivingphobia: Just like it sounds. Fear of my Man driving (okay I made it up BUT it's legit). I get scarrred every time he’s going to fast, following to close, changing lanes, staring at billboards, changing the station, looking at me, basically as soon as he sits down behind the wheel. I usually express my fears with sound effects and the clutching of my door handle.

Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia: Fear of spiders. I can hear my Man squeal from a mile away.

Chronomentrophobia: Fear of clocks. Depending on who i'm talking to I might tell you that my Man and I are chronomentrophobic therefor it's not our fault that we're always late.

Gerascophobia: Fear of growing old. Thankfully though, i'm not botoxphobic.

You know what i'm not scared of? SUPPER..


Since I was still somewhat full from lunch and the Honey Dew and Strawberries I ate right before this, I just had half a Sweet Potato with a BIG scoop of Almond Butter.

I love scaring people, especially my Man. I will go to great lengths just to make him scream. I’m not sure why I find this funny, but it never seizes to fail. I accomplish this by hiding behind doors, crawling into small spaces and creating diversions like a pillow body on my side of the bed while I wait to jump out of the closet.

After supper I was off to an Arbonne (makeup) workshop at Lex's house where I discovered a new fear. Fear of animal byproducts and mineral oil. I did NOT know what kinds of things go into the makeup I buy. Animal fat? SICK. Mineral oil sounds like something healthy and organic, but it's liquid petroleum? As in CRUDE OIL? Mineral oil is the basis for most automotive oils and it even goes into LAVA LAMPS. I can't say I ever looked at my elementary school lava lamp and thought to myself, "I should put that on my face".

When I got home I dipped into the Peanut Butter jar and had 3-4 Tbsp worth followed by my cleanse pills. Oops. Three hours? Try three minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha love it!! the first few phobias are so dumb!!! lol fear of sitting!? weird! I brought a 1/4 of a sweet potato for lunch today!! I can't wait to try it! So you seriously just mick it for 5 minutes? I forgot PB though... ugh! salt and pep will have to do! ps. think of how sick animal testing and animal byproducts are... ugh.

    ReplyDelete