Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nip it in the Grind

So yesterday it was back to the grind. I tried looking up where that saying came from but I didn't have any luck. I think it has something to do with ancient people working with grindstones?!

While eating this...


1/3 Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 1/2 Smashed Banana, 1 Tsp Maca Powder, Cinnamon and a few splashes of Almond Milk.

I did however, find the meaning of these ones..

Nip it in the Bud - For the record, I thought it was Nip it in the Butt. Apparently back in the day they thought that in order to produce good fruit you needed to snip off a lot of the plant's buds, BUT it turned out that those buds would never produce fruit again. Now it refers to ending something suddenly.

Spill the Beans - Way back when the Greeks voting system consisted of dropping coloured beans into bags or jars, white beans meant yes and navy meant no when voting for individuals. If someone dropped the bag or knocked the jar they "spilled the beans" and revealed the votes.

Wisdom Teeth - In ancient Greece they believed that the 3rd Molars were a sign of adulthood since adults had them and children didn't. It became a right of passage into adulthood and since wisdom comes with age they called them wisdom teeth.

I find the last one a little vague. What happens to the children whose molars never come in? Or what happens when they come in one at a time? Or what if only two ever appear? At the rate my current back molar is coming in I won't be an adult until i'm 45. That might have however, be intact with my maturity level. Anyway, the morning flew by since it was payroll and I was busy deciding how much money everyone deserved. Before I knew it, it was..

Lunch


Half of a Sweet Potato with 1 Tbsp Almond Butter and Half a package of Silken Tofu mixed with Mustard, Cumin and Red Pepper.

When I got home from work I was hungry/bored so I snacked on THIS combo..


Half an Acorn Squash cooked and dipped in Red Peppa HUMMUS.

Then I decided to get my workout on in the living room. Pushups, Skull Crushers, Bicep Curls.. I knew there was no way I was going to drive to the gym so I brought the gym to the condo castle. My Man even had a few helpful tips to get the most out of using my 5 pound weights (which was PLENTY for the Skull Crushers by the way).

Suppa


The other half of the Sweet Potato with 1 Tbsp Almond Butter (addicted) and 1/2 a cup of Egg Whites on the side.

While I was eating my supper I decided that I find protein so annoying. I really didn't want to have the egg whites. I would have rather had anything else, like half a tub of Hummus.. I only made the egg whites because I felt like I HAD to have protein. So anyway, I choked down the egg whites for the sake of protein and then enjoyed the Sweet Potato/RAW Almond Butter combo. If you haven't tried this yet you are missing out. I ate it all in bed while watching Monday night's 90210.

Before I even got to the next show on my evening line up, Glee, I decided I was still hungry. Since i'm trying to adhere to the rules of the cleanse again I needed 3 hours without food before taking my last two pills. This meant there was no time to wait and see if I was ACTUALLY hungry or if my supper just hadn't kicked in yet.

SO...


Ezekiel English Muffin with Better Butter (Earth Balance). YUM.

Full, I got my Gleek on. I love Rachel and Finn. When my Man finally got home from hockey we watched last week's episode of Jersey Shore. I no longer like the Situation. I hope he catches a real Situation from one of his DTF girls.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the Situation... he looks drugged out. Did you know he's like over 30 years old and STILL sleeping with like 18 year olds? Gross

    ReplyDelete