Friday, October 8, 2010

Homecoming

So I set my alarm half hour early yesterday morning. No it’s not what you think. I didn’t crawl out of bed to get an early workout in; instead I got up to clean the kitchen. I decided to capitalize on my usual desire to clean the kitchen before leaving the house in the morning by actually allotting myself time to do it.Okay and I was having company over right after work.



By company I mean Kim, here we're dancing and sharing a pole at the bar because that's what good friends do. Now let’s be honest I lived with her Lethbridge so even a Kitchen full of dirty dishes cannot compete with our extra large/wheel chair accessible residence suite. We’d wait until every dish in our dorm was dirty, and then spend a week or two eating out before FINALLY hand washing every fork, plate, pot, etc. I’ll have to give Kim props though for taking initiative and cleaning the bathroom every month.. Or two..

I should have invested in paper plates back then…


1/3 Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp Raw Almond Butter, 1 Tsp Maca Powder, Cinnamon, ½ Smashed Banana and a few splashes of Almond Milk. Side of tea in yesterdays Davids Tea cup because it's pretty.

On our way to work my Man and I were discussing how he snuck in the front door last night around 10:30 without Bailey or I hearing him. He figured it was because the bedroom door was also closed until I informed him that I always sleep with it closed when he’s gone. I told him I only opened it so Bailey can run downstairs and see him. Shocked he asked why I close it when he’s still coming home. “Uhhh because I’m scared. The person hiding in the hallway can’t watch me sleep when the door’s closed.”

It’s strange because I know there PROBABLY isn’t anyone lingering around in the condo castle waiting to rob or kidnap me, but I still feel that sense of uncertainty. It’s the same way I KNOW there can’t be a shark in the lake or dark swimming pools but I still swim around hoping I won’t be attacked. Just saying.

LUNCH


Kale Chips (washed, spun dry, salted and popped in the oven at 400 for MAYBE 5 minutes? Watch em) 1 Cup of Chickpeas (fried up in the pan with Cinnamon) and some Butternut Squash.

After work Kim picked me up and we went for coffee/tea and caught up. It was SO nice to SEE her. I mean we talk on the phone on a weekly basis but nothing beats getting to hang out in person. Half way through we decided we were hungry and headed to MOXIES.



You know I had the usual cheeseless Quesadilla with ranch on the side. I feel like it's cleanse worthy since it's chicken on a whole wheat wrap. Right? Right. Afterwards, we went back to the Condo Castle where my Man was cooking a WHOLE chicken for the first time. It smelled amazing and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw regular looking cooked chicken in the oven. I'm not sure what I was expecting to see when I opened it up, but I was impressed.

When Kim went to show me something on the computer we saw this..



It's hard to read but the title of the page says, "Internal Temperature of Chicken and Turkey." When we looked farther up the page we could see his google search, "internal temperature of chicken breast." I found this almost as funny as the day before when I opened the computer, while he was at the table eating salmon, to find a page that read, "How to cook salmon in the oven". He's cute.

Kim left around 11:00 which was perfect timing for me to make my Cleanse pill THREE hours AFTER eating and hit the sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment