Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Limitless Java

So I tried to wake up this morning and hit the gym, but I JUST couldn't do it. These two were making it too hard..



More lazy enablers. I'm sticking to the, "it's not me, it's them" theory. I'm not sure why I won't just get up. I KNOW that if I drag myself out of bed and make my way to the gym I'll be happier and have more energy the rest of the day. If I could just make this a habit, I and everyone around me will be better for it. I think my biggest struggle is that it IS hands down the most relaxing time of the day. Seriously. Laying there, hitting the snooze button every 5 minutes, cuddling with my little family, warm, somewhat half asleep.. PURE relaxation. Since I'm greedy I enjoy perpetuating this state from 5:25 until around 7:00 o'clock rather than getting up and being useful. Did I mention that my current alarm clock is the sound of crashing water?

Quit it. I know what you're thinking. It's not me, it's them.

Last night my Man and I DID go see Limitless. The moment the previews were over and the movie started I realized something... I had NO idea what this movie was about. Somewhere along the lines I had decided that my Man and I NEEDED to see this movie as soon as it came out. I went so far as to purchase our tickets online yesterday morning to ensure that we WERE going. When I thought about Limitless pictures of the preview would pop in my head, pictures that I'd seen but not heard. I hadn't HEARD one preview for this movie. A cliff, beautiful turquoise water, Bradley Cooper in a suit, expensive cars, bright flashy colours from city lights, this is what I knew of Limitless. Apparently this was enough for me. Shocking? Not really.

As the Limitless started, and I got over the fact that I'd brought up to a movie I knew nothing about, I realized that these pictures were not a good depiction of what was to come. It was much more dramatic than that, it wasn't all fancy things and fun times. Damn it.


Source

I give this movie one peanut butter covered thumb up, but my Man liked it and gives it two. I know it was a good movie and that if you're into this type of movie I'm sure you'll really like it. But i'm not. This one was kind of confusing and a little dark at times. I'd say the best part of the movies last night was when the man walking out of theatre in front of me had not one, but TWO napkins stuck to his feet. One napkin on each foot. What are the chances.

In other news.. I'm still in the midst of reading Crazy Sexy Diet and I'm still loving it. One of the things that Kris talks about heavily in this book is the difference between alkaline foods (the good stuff) and acidic foods (not so good). Coffee is way up there on the list of acidic foods and I believe she talks about it in the same breath as alcohol. The only time I'd want to be mentioned in the same breath as alcohol is if someone were comparing me to a bottle of fine wine.

Anyway, I just up and decided to stop drinking coffee Friday night. No coffee Saturday, no coffee Sunday, no coffee Monday, UNTIL I realized that there might be a correlation between the no coffee and the POUNDING headache I'd had for 2 and half days. Coffee Monday, headache gone. So my advice to you is, do not just up and ditch the java. That's as much as I know. Now I'm stuck and still drinking it.

Now before you go, everyone all together say, "GO TO RIDE TONIGHT YOU LAZY BUTT."

2 comments:

  1. When I started cutting back on caffeine in anticipation of the CSD cleanse I had a 3 day headache. So if you try it again this Friday, expect to feel like crap until Wednesday at least. The worst part is I suffered through it, have offically been caffeine free for 16 days, and I have EVERY intention of waking up the day this is over to a Venti Pike Place roast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I still have no idea what Limitless is about, but now I am just curious enough to want to see it! Did you go to ride last night?

    ReplyDelete