Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bad Hair

As I sit here typing this post I’m still trying to figure out how I only managed to be 10 minutes late for work. In typical Saskatchewan fashion I went to bed last night to the site of snowless streets and woke up to a city completely covered in white. I’m also trying to figure out what I may have recently done or said to piss Karma off and therefore having resulted in my hair being ruined this morning. I set my alarm for 6:00AM specifically to get up and get completely ready, aside from touch-ups, for my Man’s Rugby Banquet tonight. Surprisingly, I did just that and to top it off was having a good hair day. You know, one of those days where you look at your hair in the mirror and think, if I was a brush I’d want to be on that.

Anyway, just as everything was going seemingly perfect I decided to run outside and do all the annoying prep work that had to be done in order to drive my car. With age comes wisdom and with wisdom comes realizing it’s no longer okay to drive with 10 blind spots and a back windshield full of snow. This is where things get sticky. For starters, I grabbed the plastic shovel (for shoveling sidewalks) and shoveled all the snow off of my car, windshield, hood, etc.. Next because it was kind of fun I moved over to my Man’s car and did the same to his. Just as I was finished I heard the upstairs window open.

“Oh noooo quit doing THAT.”

“What? Why?”

“Because I can do my own car, and its fine that you’re using the shovel on my car because it’s a piece of sh** but whatever you do DON’T do that to your car. It’ll scratch the paint.”

“Oops, I already did. I just skimmed it though.”

I headed back inside to grab my stuff (Bailey being stuff) and caught my reflection in the mirror. My hair was SOAKED. How did I not feel that? Wet dog wasn’t exactly the look I was after for tonight’s banquet. The problem is that with my hair it’s not as simple as just letting it dry, it’s naturally curly/frizzy/gross and straightening over THIS will make a limp, flat mess. At that moment I could totally relate to Monday night’s 90210 when Annie and Dixon’s Mom said, “It’s like someone erased the last 18 years of my life.” However, someone only erased 1 hour of my life annnnnd she was referring to the end of her marriage.

Now I could carry on and tell you about the drive to work that followed this but maybe I’ll tell that story tomorrow. Let’s get to the FOOD.

Breakfast


Half a Sweet Potato, PB and 6 Egg Whites.. The usual. I need to start transferring these on to cuter plates.

If there were dogs in Whoville...



Lunch




The second last Indian burger in the Condo Castle on a bed of Weeds. On the side was one Brown Rice Wrap.

Lunch Dessert

One of my Sisters Homemade Chickpea Cookies which legitimately looks like ______. Fill in the blank. You should google Chickpea Cookies, find a recipe and make them STAT.



Bailey cried the whole way home from work. I'm not sure if what because she doesn't like being in her house or if it was my singing. Carrie Underwood's songs call for a lot of high notes.

Help me



Supper


Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips, ¼ Cup of Egg Whites, One Egg and creeping in the corner would be the staple in every meal, the Brown Rice Wrap. As for the Kale Chips the only thing I did differently was rubbing a little Vinegar and Salt on them before tossing them in the oven.

Since yesterday was the official release of the Call of Duty, also known as COD, my Man was on special ops duty the entire night. This meant that I had all the time in the world to read my book, Sugar and Spice.

I also had all the time in the world to eat more snacks..

Another Wrap...



Some Ranch Kashi Crackers...



Vitamuffin...



Some Puffins...



It didn’t matter what I ate I couldn’t figure out what I ACTUALLY felt like. All I knew for sure was that when I finished snacking on one thing I wanted more of something else. After topping out at another chocolate Vitamuffin I remembered something. Doctors say that hunger is often confused with dehydration. Little late now.

1 comment: