Friday, November 26, 2010

I got a Snowboard

I got a Snowboard, I got a Snowboard hey hey hey heeeeey. I hope you read that like a song because that's how I intended it. If not, go back and read it again. Last night my Man and I went shoppin! This year is the year he's going to teach me how to Snowboard. Or attempt to at the very least. I like hot tubbing, eating in pubs, wearing fur lined winter gear and drinking hot chocolate by fire places so I imagine I might make a good Snowboarder. If nothing else I can at least carry my board around the bottom of the hill and mingle with fellow snowboarders.

"Hey man, phew that last run was a doozy. Want to grab some hot chocolate in the chalet?"

"What run were ya on?"

"Ohhh you know, the black one. Or was it the diamond one? I can't even remember anymore i've been down so many."

I forgot my camera at work so unfortunately I don't have any pictures. YET. I WILL take some and show you. I still have to get a few important pieces like snow pants, a snowboarding jacket, boots, bindings, goggles. Like I said, just a few things. I tried on some boots last night but couldn't decide whether they fit or not.

"Do they fit?"

"I don't know. What are moon boots supposed to feel like?"

One thing was for sure though, I was having the same hot flashes trying to get in and out of those boots as I did when I was forced to put on 16 layers of snow gear as a child. By the time you'd have to put your boots on not only would you have broken out in a full on sweat but you couldn't even reach your feet over your snow gear belly. You'd think that would scare kids out of obesity. It's disabling.

I hate posts without pictures, they look naked. Not that I have anything against nakedness but in this case more is more. I know the saying is less is more but I changed it. So here are a few random pictures.

I tried sending this photo combo into People Magazines look-a-like contest but as per usual you have to live in the US to take part. I feel like the US is some elite club I can't be a part of.


I know she has a little more fur than her, but I can see the resemblance.

Now here is a picture of Bobo, Lex's baby and my favorite animal aside from Bailey.



She's a little more well mannered than this one..



Happy Friday!!

3 comments:

  1. thats the sucky thing i hate about being Canadian..probably the only thing i hate really.. the fact that everything says "MUST BE U.S. RESIDENT!" damnnn it lol! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA you do realize you are saying Bobo is better behaved than Bailey yet she is sitting on a chair at the dinning room table right? LOL Let's just say both are equally poorly behaved...lol oh and so jeal you got a board!! I want to learn with you!! take me, take me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. how do you feel about my high HELLS = birth control post? I'm still in shock and thinking of asking every doctor I know if that is REALLY fact... but my research says it is...

    ReplyDelete