BREAKFAST

I've failed to mention that I'm still eating egg whites for breakfast with these lonely looking sweet potatoes but I've started eating the eggs BEFORE work while they're HAWT.
Anyway, Talk about lacking creativity in the food department lately. How lame have my meals been for the past month (okay it's more like 6 months, but there's no need for specifics)? They're lame, you can say it. It's because I'm lazy. According to this dictionary, here is the definition of lazy..
Lazy: Disinclined to work or exertion. ----> Yup, I am discinclined to work for good meals. I'd prefer, much like money, to have them handed to me.
In all honesty, I accidentally typed in lame instead lazy in my first attempt to find the definition. I did NOT know that lame meant, "disabled so that movement, especially walking, is difficult or impossible." Obviously, I've been using it wrong since I thought it meant unexciting. Think of all the people I've offended. It reminds me of the time I was fishing with my Grandpa when I was 10 and kept refering to the fish that would escape my rod as buggers. To this day that still remains as one of the only times my Grandpa has ever gotten mad at me. For those of you sitting behind your computer screens assuming bugger means a fellow "chap" or "mate", let me correct you. It actually means to perform sodomy. It's okay, I had to look that one up too..
Sodomy: Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal, especially anal intercourse or bestiality.
I can assure I did not want to bugger the fish.
LUNCH

No I didn't eat my Man. I just felt obligated to put a picture there. We went to Moxies and I didn't take a picture because let's be honest, it's weird to take pictures of your food. I had the Baja Chicken Quesadilla with bbq sauce, corn & black beans with spring mix salad. Of course I ordered it sans cheese as per usual with a big old side of ranch for dipping. If you ever order it this way you won't be sorry, I swear. Unless you like cheese, in which case, don't do this.
Supper Dinner Date

This was not taken last night at Rock Creek but rather in Mexico two years ago. Again, I felt an obligation to put a picture there. It was a similar set up though. I ordered a Chicken Quesadilla with RANCH. I know I'm so adventurous. Ya like what ya like.
Here's some more pictures not from last night..


I got home around 8 o'clock and then my Man and I went swimming at parents house. Actually, I alternated between sitting in the hot tub and standing in the shallow end of the pool, minor details. We even took Bailey into the pool, which was definitely the highlight of my night.
Before packing it in I snacked on one of THESE straight from the fridge (cold or frozen are the best ways to eat Larabars)..

You know what I've noticed lately? I've stopped taking pictures of my endless evening/late night snacking. I show a little bit of it, but not all of it. You know why? Because the lighting sucks at night and everything looks ugly. That and because all the pantry raiding and nut butter dippage is too tedious for my liking. Besides, at this point I'm just using food as a conversation starter so I can keep writing this blog. Shhh don't tell it.
I woke up at 12:00 and figured it was a good time to have a big bowl of cereal with Almond Milk. I was right, it was a good time.

Now if you'd like to refer back to the top of the page where I begged the question, "How lame have my meals been lately?" The correct answer would be, they are not lame at all. However, I suppose in reference to meat my meals would be lame. Here's a better question, "how lame was my lunch yesterday?" Lame, someone definitely disabled my chicken. It can't walk.
Do you know what sounds good right now? Cereal. I haven't had just cereal with almond/rice/soy milk in at least two, if not four months. Seriously. Sometimes simplicity is gourmet.
ReplyDeleteHave you ever tried Cashew Butter? Sometimes I think it is better than Peanut Butter and Almond Butter put together...
ReplyDeleteur sweet potatoes are more yellow than mine i get here- lucky!! they look really good!! haha i had egg whites with greens for breakfast and thought of you, hence why i decided to hop over to ur blog to say good morning..or afternoon soon :P
ReplyDeletei remember how yummy the sample packs of that vanilla cereal were! the maple one was pretty good too, but theres just something about the vanilla mmmmmmm
<3
So I've found them on Amazon but you have to order a bazillion at a time which is silly for me because I don't eat bars that often. Also, I want to try ALL the new flavors so then I would have 4 bazillion kicking around the house that I don't yet have, haha. I cannot WAIT to have a pantry to fill.
ReplyDeleteLast time I went to the States I packed a suitcase inside of my suitcase for all the clothes I intended to buy... next time it will be for all the FOOD!!!
Hope you have a great weekend!
I had a sweet potatoe with my lunch, and thought of you! of course, i didnt eat it with nut butter, i was in the mood for butter & cinnamon :)
ReplyDeleteanddd...
if i had to choose I would marry peanut butter :)