Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes

So last night I decided to spend my night watching the Golden Globes. Typically award shows are longer than my attention span and fail to keep me interested, last night however, after hearing reporters refer to the Golden Globes as the Superbowl of award shows I decided to give them another shot. Justin Timberlake did expose Janet Jackson's breast at a Superbowl, these must be good.

The first award they announced was Best Film Supporting Actor. As they panned to each runner up, Christian Bale (loved the Fighter), Micheal Douglas (totally saw Wallstreet), Facebook Kid (liked that movie too), I scrambled to decide WHO I wanted to win. Christian Bale, he was SO good in the Fighter. No, Micheal Douglas. He just beat cancer. No, Christian. Wait, the Facebook Kid, he looks so pathetic he needs this. No no, Christian. I want Christian Bale to win!!

"Annnnd the winner of Best Film Supporting Actor is Christian Bale - The Fighter."

YES!!!!!!! I yelled as a rush, of what I can only assume to be adrenaline, flew through my body. I LOVE award shows!! I LOVE Christian Bale. Seconds later I found myself questioning how much I liked Christian Bale. Is he drunk? How come he keeps talking? Christian you should really get off the stage.

God, all these emotions. Award shows are like rollercoaster rides, I'm up, I'm down. No wonder people love these things. However, like with most highs this ride didn't last long. Up next was the award for Best Performance of an Actress in a Television Series - Drama. I don't watch any dramas, at least not any of the dramas these women are in. Well this is boring, I don't care who wins.

"Annnnd the winner of Best Performance of an Actress in a Television Series - Drama goes to Katey Sagal - Sons of Anarchy."

Now, did anyone else notice just how far away Katey Sagal's table was? It was as if they thought she had no hope of winning and sat her at the back of the room/half way out into lobby. By the time she made it up there the music started to play. Speaking of that music, that song is such a poser. It sounds all soothing, sweet and innocent while really it's telling you to shut up. It's similar to smiling while giving someone the finger.

If you ask me, that music could have started the moment the president of the Foreign Press Association walked on stage. Just saying.

Moving along.. Since I watched the entire show I can finally make my very own Best Dressed List!! Here it is in no particular order...

She looks like an angel..


Just Jared


Only she could pull this dress off.. I would be asked to leave..


Just Jared


My Man said and I quote, "It's like Halle Barry doesn't age. Her skin looks like it's the softest most smooth skin EVER." You want to touch it, don't you?


Just Jared


I want to wear this dress somewhere. I don't think SHE looks amazing in it, but I think it could look amazing on someone else. Hand it over, Megan.


Just Jared

This dress looked better live on TV than in this picture but I thought the color was gorgeous with her new blonde hair.


Just Jared

I LOVED Claire Dane's whole look...


Just Jared

Amy Adam's looked pretty classic.. Red is a hard color to match..


Just Jared

Love the color of Mila's dress, however, I might have made a few changes to the fabric like losing the texture look.


Just Jared

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! Claire Danes looked gorgeous! It's too bad her career topped out at Romeo & Juliet, haha. And good for Amy Adams! I don't think I'd be able to face the world as a redhead...

    ReplyDelete