My favorite part about the engagement is WHEN he asked me. Originally he had planned on asking me in Arizona on the 24th, however, last minute he decided to do it on the 23rd. We had just gotten home from his Dad's house where I pouted for the last hour because a) I had to give Bailey away b) We booked our seats so late that we wouldn't be able to sit together on the plane and c) We didn't eat the appetizer I brought because it was too close to supper when we got there. As you can see they were all really mature reasons to pout. It was a REALLY good appetizer.
Anyway, he wanted to cheer me up so he made a game time decision to do it that night. The fact that he asked me during what I would consider not to be my finest hour (in fact I happened to be showcasing my less desirable qualities) shows me just how much he LOVES me. Which is good because I LOVE mah MAN that much too!
The next morning we were off to AZ!!!
Since I have a ton of pictures and we did A LOT while we were there I made an executive decision that I'd narrow this post down to the sporting events we attended. All of those in favor of this decision say I. It's settled then..
Christmas Day we woke up and had a BIG brunch. Afterwards, my Man and I thought it would be a good idea to ride the bikes to the nearest grocery store to check if it was open. I'm still unsure as to how or why this decision came about but noneless it did. In typical 27-year-old-active-male fashion our quick bike ride to the (closed) grocery turned into an adventure..
My Man - "let's try and find the path your grandparents were talking about!"
Me - Nervous laughter..
My Man - "Let's ride farther and see where it takes us!!"
Me - "Let's!!!!" (Because i'm your super fun FIANCE and I don't care if my hair that I already did for this afternoon's football game gets messed up or that i'm sweating in the shirt I also planned on wearing to the game.) "Let's DO THIS!!!!! YAY!!"
Once we got back from our "adventure" which was really off roading on bikes. It was time to chug a few drinks and head to the Arizona Cardinals/Dallas Cowboys football game for more drinks and tailgating.
NFL
I'm breaking up all the sports pictures with this next picture because it belongs under the "there was no reason to take this 8 o'clock in the morning picture" album and unfortunately I don't have one of those.
NHL
We also attended a hockey game, Phoenix Coyotes vs LA Kings at the jobing.com arena. I really hope that fml.com or hotornot.com buys a hockey arena in the near future.
Have I mentioned yet that I bought a new camera? I did. And now I can finally take a picture of the beast I've been using since 2006. Get a load of the FIRST digital camera EVER. It also doubles as a 5 pound dumbbell.

I had to take a picture of the taco blimp. I believe it's only an inch shy of a typical american serving.
Like a moth to a flame I spent the majority of the game staring at this Heineken sign. I'd tare myself away from it from time to watch the tiny little men skate around on the ice only to find myself re-immersed in the green glow. It actually got to the point where my Man asked me to spell Heineken without looking. I failed.
After misspelling Heineken and having my intelligence questioned, I resorted to entertaining myself by taking pictures of my ring..
This was also the moment I decided to give up my dream of becoming a hand model.
The only trouble with these games, football and basketball included, is that they go SO late. I'm not going to get specific by defining "late" with a reference to time for fear of outing myself as lame. Anyway, By the end up the game I was so tired that had I purchased a 50/50 ticket and won, I would not have walked down to the customer service kiosk to claim my prize. And I could really use the money.
NBA
We went out for supper before the Phoenix Suns/LA Lakers basketball game..
I went out on a limb and ordered my infamous cheeseless Quesadilla with a side of ranch. I got it.
Between the two teams there were plenty of basketball stars, Vince Carter (I think?), Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and my favorite because I've seen the inside of his house and watched him play video games on Keeping up with the Kardashians, Lamar Odom.
If I had to choose a favorite among all three sporting events I think I would choose the basketball game because it had the best lighting for pictures. And I really enjoyed the dancers. And the parking was close. Annnnd... Nope, that's it.
Also on the topic of sports on quest to find a specific clothing store I was after we stumbled across ESPN. Since the NCAA Sugar Bowl (or a bowl of that nature, I can't be sure) is being held in Phoenix, ESPN set up a stage and a party base for all festivities.

My Man was excited..

And just then, as if God knew there wasn't anything for me there and that I too deserved to be excited he sent Erin Andrews our way.
Instead of asking for a picture with her like a normal couple, we froze and creepily snapped pictures of her from 5 steps away. She was fully aware, however, I had felt no sense of shame.


I later zoomed in and out of the photos taking note of what she was wearing, how she does her makeup and trying desperately to get a closer look at her amazing hair. I admit it.
congratulations, brittany!! what an exciting christmas vacation!
ReplyDeleteloved all the photos in this post and your sporting events recap.
all the best to you both!
your ring is just beautiful, by the way!
YES! What an amazing way to kick off your holiday... Congratulations! Are you staring at your hand all day long? I would, that ring is gorgeous! And even if you did nothing else when you were there I would still think you had a pretty fun trip. I've never been to an NFL game but I LOVE me an NHL game...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the engagement! When I got engaged I stared at my ring all day!! Yours is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteawww congrats!!! your ring is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDelete