Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Monday

Or is it? I still don’t know how I feel about Mondays. Considering it’s the start of the work week and the farthest work day from Friday I’d say I don’t LOVE them. So let’s talk about something more fun, like the weekend.

Friday night my Man and I FINALLY saw Eclipse. I even went as far as to buy our tickets online and send my Man this email informing him.

Dear Secret Twihard,

You can stop worrying; I have our twilight tickets in hand. Now I know you are excited but I have to ask that you do not wear your Team Edward shirt to the theatre. We might see someone we know…


Of course I couldn’t just have a normal theatre experience because that would just be WEIRD. Instead we arrived, walked into the theatre only to find out that some idiot forgot to turn the lights on. See the lights are a key element when the previews have yet to start and there is nothing but dim light projecting off the screen. Not to mention that this light projects nowhere near the important places like the STAIRS. My Man didn’t have as much trouble as I did and apparently he forgot he was there with someone when he jetted up the stairs without me. When I finally made it to our seat, flustered and mad all I could think to myself was “there’s no way blind people wear high heels.”

Saturday I spent the morning watching Pretty Little Liars on my lap top and drinking Timmy Ho’s coffee. Tim Horton got it right with black coffee.



I think it was bring your dog to Tim's day...





In the afternoon my Man and I got groceries and discovered that Superstore (in the Northend) has an ENTIRE aisle dedicated to organic products. Basically everything by Bob Mill and all the important stuff like Nutritional Yeast, Agave, Cereal, Pop, Beer, Juice, Baking Mixes, Couscous, etc.. helped my Sister, her husband and my Dad set up their new deck. Okay, my Man helped, I watched.

Since it was Saturday night and I’m 45, I mean 24, I cleaned the entire Condo Castle top to bottom. I magic erased my hand prints off the cupboards, vacuumed, swept, DUSTED, I did it all. Now I know I’m going to have trouble with cleaning forever since the entire time I clean I feel as though I’m doing something award winning, something that should be recognized and honored. When I finished I also had a sense of accomplishment, but one that felt as though I accomplished something that is now done forever, not something that needs to be done on a weekly basis. Whatever though, my actual intentions were to make it humane so when I hire a once a month maid this week I won’t scare her off coming back again.

Sunday my Sister, my Mom and I headed out to the Lumsden gardens and bought a ton of fresh veggies and fruit. We went to two separate places, Scotties and Lincoln Gardens. At Lincoln Gardens I made friends with the cashier when I paid for my $2.20 Zucchini’s with my debit card. I think I really won her over when it lost the connection the first time and we had to do it all over again.

For supper we had a fish fry at my Parents house and it was AHmazing. I supplied the fish AKA my reflexologist supplied the fish since she sends me home with 4 bags of it at a time. So here’s how we made it.

Fish Fry Station

First my Mom coated the fish with flour. Next we dipped each piece in the mixture of beaten eggs and then coated them in the Cornflake Crumbs.



I remember someone telling me once that they thought Cornflake Crumbs were low budge. They are not. You are low budge.



To cook the fish my Mom pan fried them with a little Canola Oil. I wanted to see if you could fry them minus the Oil so I tried spraying a pan with Pam and cooking a couple. Success.

While we were eating inside, this squirrel was eating bird food outside.



I'd hang upside down for food too. He was the size of a small dog.



My Man and I also spent the weekend trying to break Bailey's bad habits...

3 comments:

  1. hahaha those snacking squirrels... always hungry! lol cant believe it was trying to snag some bird food! haha

    good old timmy ho's <3
    they make the best green tea (side note lol)

    happy monday to u too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Mondays, Fridays are so much better!
    Nice fish recipe, we don't have the *crumbs in the US, I've only ever seen the regular cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been known to pay for a Diet Coke with a credit card. Sometimes I have to throw a few packs of gum in there too to make it over $5. If I were a cashier, I'd hate me too.

    Wasn't the third Twilight so much better than the second?! Though I'm definitely Team Jacob. One word: abs :)

    ReplyDelete