Speaking of simple I just about deposited my Sasktel Bill into the company’s bank account. I stuck all the cheques into an envelope and accidentally stuck my own personal Sasktel bill in as well. How? Not exactly sure. Just before sealing it I decided to randomly scan through the cheques one more time and wondered why “Bill for SaskTel Services” was giving us money. Oh right, they weren’t.
My breakfast is another example of being simple. The same Cookie has made me happy almost every day for the last 6 months. I can’t imagine how exhausting it would be to try and think of something different to eat every morning. Diversity is over rated. If I want to switch it up I just switch Nut Butters. That’s it.

Simplicity makes websites like www.skinnyversuscurvy.com, www.thehollywoodgossip.com and www.theskinnywebsite.com very entertaining. Who's gaining? Who's losing? I need to stay informed. When is the next federal election? Who cares. http://tv.blinx.com is also sweet. I'm not sure if watching shows on there or www.ch131.com are legal but i'll break the law for Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami.
For lunch I had some raw Kohlrabi and hard boiled eggs. That would be 3 hard boiled eggs to be exact. Have you ever heard of Kohlrabi? I LOVE it.
It looks like this...

I peel it and then eat it with salt and vinegar. Now I have yet to attempt this recipe but i'm posting it incase YOU want to try it. It all sounds good except for maybe the plain yogurt as a condiment, i'd replace that with Ketchup. Also I imagine you could just shred the Kohlarbi, fry them up in a little oil with salt and pepper and tat would be similar to shredded hashbrowns as well. Just saying.
Kohlrabi Hash Browns
4 medium kohlrabi bulbs (2 Angelic Organic size) washed, peeled
1 small onion, chopped
2 eggs slightly beaten
2 Tablespoons dried bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes crushed
pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
plain yogurt
Shred kohlrabi; squeeze out excess moisture.
Combine all ingredients except oil in a large mixing bowl; stir until well blended.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Fry kohlrabi mixture in batches; sautéing until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with a bowl of plain yogurt as a condiment.
Serves 4-5.
Laura Tillotson, Angelic Organics
When I got home from work I sat in the kitchen eating Cinnamon Swirl PB straight out the jar and comtemplating what I was going to do with my night. Originally I had planned on going for supper with Mel but some random stop sign running lady thought otherwise. When Mel was on her way back to work after lunch she was T-boned by another car (i'm not sure what else could T-bone you). Luckily, she wasn't hurt. Anyway, the point of this story is that when my Man decides to play video games and Mel gets in car accidents my nights are really shot to hell.
First, I looked around the condo castle becoming increasingly annoyed at how not clean it looked. Like seriously, I just cleaned it for GOOD on Saturday. Next, I thought about pouring myself a glass of Vodka water. I imagine the condo would look a lot cleaner through beer goggles. I veto'd that idea Big Brother style when I remembered what my hangovers feel like and instead considered taking up skateboarding in the front parking lot. FINALLY I decided on a happy medium, Chapters and possibly one Vodka water.

As I was driving to the other end of the city I casually checked myself out in the rear view mirror as I tend to do from time to time. Usually this results in less pleasant outcomes like almost rear ending the car infront of me or veering into another lane. HOWEVER, yesterday I was lucky I did. Now you know you have a serious problem when you're about to go out in public, happen to look in the mirror and see Cinnamon Raisin Swirl all over your chin. That was a close one.
Why... Did... I... Buy... MORE... Of... THIS

I had every intention of leaving Chapters with 30 dollars worth of gossip magazines after reading around 30 dollars worth while lurking in the magazine aisle. Instead, I left with TWO real books. What a pleasant suprise.
On the drive home I had what the Workers Compensation Board likes to call "a near miss." I was following an ambulance down one of the main roads that connect the north end of the city to the south. I spent the majority of these 10 minutes oogling all the decals and wondering if it was secretely rushing off to save someone. Anyway, it was time to make a turn on to a different road and that's when it happened. The ambulance also turning merged into the turning lane and proceeded to turn on it's signal light. Now this was not just any signal light but an entire flashing ARROW. Completely anarmored I continued to stare at the bright orange flashing arrow with no regard for anyone else on the road, I believe it may have been digital. It turned and I followed. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. I heard the sound of a loud horn as something flashed by me. Apparently it wasn't a turning light and there was only room for one car to turn left before the on coming traffic had arrived. Subconsciously I was just trying to relate to Mel. You got in an accident? me too. Weird.
Someone should really write a letter about the safety hazard that is the ambulance signal light.
I leave you with two videos of my favorite Comedian of all time, the late Mitch Hedberg. Watch ALL of each video, if you don't laugh i'm stranger than I thought.
omg that's a close one! hope you're alright! I know I'm the same way too, I get distracted so easily when I'm driving...ugh. Yay for breakfast cookies! I've been having those since the beginning of this year for breakfast almost everyday...sometime I eat them as overnight oats which is when I add extra almond milk. you should try and let me know!
ReplyDeletei thought i was the only person on food blogs who knew about skinny vs curvy website. im addicted unfortunately lol <3
ReplyDeleteI've heard of kohlrabi, but I've yet to try it. Your recipe for a hash sounds so creative and delicious!
ReplyDeletehahah I know what you mean with the breakfast cookie! every night pretty much I have a chocolate chocolate chip muffin cut up with a dark chocolate pdding. I switch it up every night by having it with sliced bananas, or crushed graham crackers, or pretzels, etc. I dont get bored, and I find that the nights I DONT have it, I cant really find anything else I want to eat! Its just easier to stick to the same thing hahha :)
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog--and I know what you mean about food diversity..it can be a distraction. But I would be more conscious about the metaphors you make. As someone who lost 200 family members in WWII it was really offensive to read "diversity if overrated..just ask Hitler". I may be reading too much into it and i know you have a great sass/sarcasm factor, but I thought you might like to know that you have readers of all races and religions out there and your comments should take this into consideration.
ReplyDeleteahhhh I LOVE Mitch Hedberg! I got to see him a few years ago before he passed on:( So sad, he really was the funniest guy ever!
ReplyDelete