What is it?
It’s a system that is system is said to improve the condition of the hair by creating a protective protein layer around the hair shaft to completely eliminate frizz and smooth the cuticle.
Who does it?
According to celebritybeautybuzz.com, Nicole Richie is a fan of the new Brazilian Blowout treatment, a less radical version of the Brazilian hair straightening treatment. Nicole says, “Now I have the freedom to not have to blow-dry my hair every time I wash it, I can go swimming and not have to worry about the frizz.”
Amen Nicole, Amen. Last night after work I hit up a little salon called Saving Grace and got the blowout. See, I have naturally curly hair that I straighten on a daily basis. Much like Nicole I have a fear of getting it wet in social situations like the beach, the rain, swimming with any human being other than myself. I should have really taken a before picture of my air dried hair and you would understand. ANYWAY, I was super nervous going into the salon. What if my hair is so straight it's flat to my head? What if I don't like it? What if it looks like I have no hair? I hate change, I hate hairdressers etc..
Throughout the process I probably asked the hairdresser 30 different questions. Most questions were actually statements and threats masked as questions like, "it's not going to be stuck to my head RIGHT? That would be BAD," and "I'm still going to have volume RIGHT?" and my favorite, "Oh no, so far i'm not liking this. I'm GOING to like it RIGHT?"
When it was all said and done I left there somewhat happy yet somewhat unsure. Oh and somewhat happy yet somewhat mad at the hairdresser. All I was thinking was, "i'm not sure if I like you yet." My hair felt silky, smooth and looked healthier BUT it also looked a HELL of a lot thinner. In my head I was busy reassuring myself that I would like it once I get to blow dry it myself. Fast forward to this morning. I woke up, washed my hair, let it air dry while I made coffee and watched Regis and Kelly. Once it was no longer soaking I took the blow dryer to it. It was dry within two minutes and STRAIGHT. Although it may have lost some of the unhealthy damaged puffiness it had before, my hair no longer takes me 20 minutes in the morning. Blow and go. I LIKE it.
Let's let Enews! explain it better..
Side Note: Everyone will LOVE the Brazilian Blowout. I HIGHLY recommend it. My only concern has nothing to do with the blowout itself but with the actual thickness (fine, thinness) of my own hair.
Moving along..
Bachelorette Monday
Frank the tank made Ali ugly cry on national television and then tried to make her feel better by ugly crying too. Frank was busy playing, Ali says. Ali says, "cry." Frank cries. Ali says, "cover your face with your hands." Frank covers his face with his hands. Ali says, "wipe tears from your eyes." Frank wipes tears from his eyes.
Ali actually said and I quote, "Frank is the biggest jerk i've ever known."
Are you SURE?
Frank may be the biggest jerk who manages an Abercrombie and Fitch location you've ever known but that's it. And we will only give him that much because I wanted to announce that he manages an ABERCROMBIE and FITCH.
Also in last night's episode, Ali and Chris were busy boat cruising, swimming and hunting for pearls in Oysters. That's right, hunting for pearls in Oysters. If you can have fun pearl hunting in Tahiti with a guy then you can definitely make it through anything in the real world. Meanwhile, Roberto was sweating buckets as if Tahiti were actually located ON the sun.
In this next picture my artistic talents speak volumes, my opinions are shining through each stroke of my computerized paint brush.
Who will Ali choose?!
Blow and go hahah--sounds dirty! sorry, I have a dirty mind!
ReplyDeletetake pics of your hair--i want to be jealous bc im sure it looks amazing.
I hope she picks Chris L. Love him.
How have I not heard of this? So after you blow dry you don't need to flat iron, your hair is already silky and straight? Is that what I'm hearing? My straightner is my worst enemy...
ReplyDeleteI WANT THAT HAIR TREATMENT!!! I spend wayyyy too much time attached to my flatiron. Does it airdry perfectly straight too? And does it ruin your hair if you have highlights? Ahhh this is soooo exciting haha!
ReplyDeleteCHRIS! im rooting for chris!!
ReplyDeletebtw ive always wanted a Brazilian...
...blowout! haha no seriously. i really do!
xoxo
I've thought of a blowout for so long, but I feel like it would make my somewhat thin hair too flat! and it's pricey I hear.
ReplyDeletegreat post xxx
ReplyDeleteI've heard about the brazilian, but haven't tried it. Do you still like it?
ReplyDeleteI love the recap of the bachelorette!! He works at A&F!?!? HAHAHA! He's a grown man living at home too, we need to remember that! :)