Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day!!

You know what’s cool about Canada? The fact that unlike the President of United States, who is often referred to as the most powerful person in the world, the Prime Minister of Canada has no checks and balances. See, the President basically shares power with Congress and the Supreme Court with a constitution specifying what he/she can and cannot do. The Prime Minister however shares with no one. Now all I need to do is become PM and have my way with all of Canada.

Good news, I got my hair fixed last night. It no longer looks like a leopard is sitting on my head. Anyway, yesterday morning I woke up at 5:40 and hit the gym for a quick (LONG) 40 minutes on the Elliptical. Lately I’ve been doing smaller strides while clenching my butt. I do not know whether this offers any benefits but I will pretend there are plenty.

Breakfast Cookie


1/3 Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp PB, Cinnamon, 1 Tsp Maca Powder, ¾ Smashed Banana, 2-3 Tbsp Almond. You can use more or less Almond Milk than this. More will give you a more voluptuous slightly soggier cookie while less with make it thinner and chewier.

SO, my parents/bosses left for the AZ house yesterday morning and my Sister and her husband headed to Banff for a wedding. You know what they say, when the cats away the mice will play. I played tetris, freecell, solitaire, Facebook farmville etc. Just kidding. I'm not a member of the farming community.

Lunch Time

Super Salad


No it's not ground hogs day, I really have been eating the same meals for the past several days. Mahi Mahi, Iceberg Lettuce, Tomatoes and Cheesy Sauce (2 Tbsp Hummus,1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast nd 1 Tbsp Water).

I stopped at Dads on my way home from work and walked out with THIS


My Man is running low on the regular Vanilla Almond Milk and I was running low on Butternut Squashes. There's 5 in that bag to be exact. My Man has many nicknames for me, one of which is Butterson Nut Squash Fry. I earn this nickname from grocery pit stops like this one. When I got to the till the cashier greeted me with, “you wanted some squash did you?”

When I got home it was HOT out and I decided to take Bailey for a walk. I also got in an arm workout since she got tired/too hot 10 away from the Condo Castle. I carried her while she panted and took in the scenery.

Free Weight



Now, I have to mention that something was brought to my attention on this walk. As I passed numerous other people also walking their dogs I began to question this whole dog on a leash thing. I find it odd that out all animals out there the ONLY one we deemed leash worthy is the dog. I mean of course you can walk anything on a leash, if I had a gerbil i'd definitely buy it a mini leash and take it on mini walks, however, society as a WHOLE walks dogs. That's what we do. Why not pigs? Cats? Foxes? Think about it.

When I got home I turned THE HILLS on and made some supper. I think you know what's coming..

Suppa



I burnt my finger while pulling these out of the oven. Since I have yet to learn my lesson and wear oven mitts I used the tea towel to pull these out. I discovered rather quickly that one of my fingers was not covered by the towel. I immediately remembered my sister telling me that in order to stop the burn you must submerge your finger in cold water. Unfortunately, I found the cold tub of Hummus first. SUBMERGE.

When I finished those it was time to ACTUALLY get my hair fixed. Once things were back to normal in the hair department I was ready for a SNACK.



I almost fell asleep face first in the Peanut Butter. Unfortunately I didn't, I made it up to bed and before falling asleep I wrote up a list of changes I will make when I become PM.

1) Integrate the fox into Canadian Households...

I leave you with this...



Oh ya and I may or may not have woken up for THIS



and THIS


Flatout AHmayzing with Better Buttah.

It must be a Canadian thing.

4 comments:

  1. omg you crack me up with the elliptical.. i try and suck in my abs when i use the treadmill..hopefully it has some benefit too haha.

    i share your love for the bnut squash, although i am not sure how to cut it as perfectly as you do! i buy it pre-cubed which probably is wasting money and it would be cheaper to just buy the whole squash adn cut it myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah i remember once i had to carry my dog. we were down the blcok from my house and all of a sudden she started like, limping, so i had to pick her up and carry her all teh way home. shes a bichon, and 20ish pounds doesnt seem like much, but it was heavy for a whole block !
    she was okay though, and stopped limping like once we got home. haha oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my cats were kittens, I tried to put them on a leash and walk them, but they just kind of crouched down on the floor and shook their heads violently, trying to get the collar off. Maybe dogs are the only animals dumb enough to LET us walk them?

    The cashier always comments on my strawberry and apple supply, no biggie...

    Hope you're having a wonderful week love, happy Friday!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe haha glad u got ur hair fixed. a few years back i thought it would be easier to take the hair highlighting kit and instead of tirelessly apply it to a few strands, i went all out and mixed it all through as if i was at a shampoo bar or something. WORST MISTAKE EVER! ever seen a bumble bee? of course you have! it was my head! lol then when i went to the store to pick up brown hair dye to cover it up, i ended up buying the box that someone opened and SWITCHED with a GREY color. NOT FUNNY! i ended up with a green color!! then went back to the store with a touque of course and bought the brown hair dye and checked to make sure no one switched bottles.. and finally was back to normal. hows that for a bad hair day! lol GEEZ <3

    ps. i like to tell that story cuz i dont have very many COOL embrassing/funny things that have happened to me otherwise hehe :P

    ReplyDelete