Thursday, February 3, 2011

Saving

So I’ve been trying to limit my spending lately. So much so that I even told my Man that I’m not going to buy anything unless I absolutely need it. I can’t remember what I was drinking the night I made this statement. Everyone knows you’re supposed to keep outlandish claims like this to yourself. Regardless, I do know that It’s time to save money, time to save for a house, for a future, for that important stuff etc.. etc... Now if only I could get all my drink ticket money back from Saturday night..

Anyway the trouble is that there’s always something I need. Last week I sent him a picture of a hat that I need for our Cabo trip in April. Okay to be honest the email looked like this…

This is really cute, right?



I neglected to tell him that the picture was from Shopbop and that I was in fact (after he said it was nice too) ordering it. I know you’re probably wondering what he wrote back and I’ll tell you, nothing. In the same way you can tune someone speaking out, you can tune out emails.

The week prior to that email I tried on the cutest blazer at the mall, however, they didn’t have my size. SO I did what anyone would do in that situation, drove directly home and ordered it online. In the mean time I made a few local purchases I had to account for, “I bought this sweater, shirt, blazer (different one) and tank top with my Christmas Gift Card.” That’s right, with a swift crumple of receipts and a small white lie I bought ALL of that with my 100 dollar gift card.

Now here’s where it gets tricky. Monday we pulled up to the Condo Castle to find a package sitting on the door step. Since I had already let on that I liked the hat I said, “Ohhh that must be my hat.” I made this statement hoping that he wouldn’t want to open it with me; this box was definitely the blazer. He didn’t. Safe.

Yesterday we pulled up to the condo castle to find a DHL slip taped to the door, “Ohhh that must be my hat.”

“Didn’t you already get your hat?”

Damn it.

Where is the "This is a Secret Purchase - Deliver Discreetly" shipping option?! I might have to start clicking the "gift" option where it comes wrapped like a present. Then as we pull up i'll say, "Ohhhhh Mel, you shouldn't have."

4 comments:

  1. I LIVE for Shopbop's sales that happen ohhhhhhh once a year? Twice at most? Not to encourage bad behaviour, but I also love tobi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhah so true- there is a need for ship discreetly! I hate when eveeryone is like, "ANOTHER package for you? wat did you get NOW!?!"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Your bff has no issues with being incorporated into your shopping fibs. It's payback for the fact that I've convinced my fam that it's you (and not visa) that's been showering me with gifts for the last decade! Feel free to have your packages delivered to my address? LOVE to watch over that hat for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha i love it!! I have a white hat like this! DEF a must for MEX!!! :)

    ReplyDelete