Thursday, February 10, 2011

Something Blue

According to Wikipedia "Something Blue" is the 9th episode of season 4 of the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer. According to me it's last part of Lex's wedding planning company - Old, New, Borrowed and Blue. However, according to Suite 101 Something Blue represents faithfulness, loyalty and purity. In biblical times, both the bride and the groom would trim the border of their wedding clothes in blue denoting humility and devotion.

I like the words faithfulness and loyalty. I'm thinking about making my Man's entire suit blue. Either that or he'll have cold feet and those will do. Here are some cute pictures I found on Pinterest and one of Lex and her hubby of some THINGS blue.








all images via pinterest

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I love the little penguin!!! AND THE INSIDE of that dress!!! STUNNING! I love the significance of all the "Old, New, Borrowed & BLUE" meanings!! So nice! We posted them on our facebook page a while back! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you included the penguin. That's totally essential to this blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of blue nailpolish for a mani/pedi on your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete