Peanut Butter Cookie

1/3 Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp PB, ¾ Smashed Banana, 2 Tbsp Almond Milk, Cinnamon and Maca Powder. I decided to give the Maca/PB combo one more try.
Around 12:30 all of my hard work must have burned MAYjah calories (mouse clicking, paper flipping, etc.) because I was STARVING and could not WAIT until 1:00 for lunch. SO I had 1/2 of this bar to hold me over. It seemed to make sense, a 1/2 to hold me over for a 1/2.

Lunch
Burger and Fries

Mahi-Mahi Burger topped with Mustard, Ketchup and Pickles with a side of Bnut Fries and Cheese Sauce.
Here's what the Mahi-Mahi Burgs package looks like...

Mid afternoon I had to take a package to the post office, what did I tell you? Office Errand Girl. My sister offered to buy me some bucks if I would be so kind as to pick them up. How could I refuse such an offer? My bucks of choice was a Grande Refresh Tea. As the girl handed me my tea I felt a slight sense of disappointment, Grande looks WAY smaller than a Venti. Gluttony always wins, don't deny it.

Tiny Tea with a side of calcium.
I picked up some new Calcium Chews yesterday since I’m almost out of my other ones. Screw milk mustaches, how about a chocolate face.

I had one, it was SO good and then I got to thinking.. What would happen if you ate the whole box? I mean could 39000mg of Calcium really be any worse than eating all the mg of straight up sugar and fat in regular chocolate? Obviously it’s not recommended that you eat THAT much chocolate, BUT it IS socially acceptable. However, I have a feeling society might frown upon you if you were to down an entire box of chocolate vitamins. It’s not fair.
Benefits of Calcium Chews
• Maintains strong bones and healthy teeth
• Helps prevent osteoporosis to reduce the risk of fractures later in life
• May help reduce high blood pressure
• Relieves symptoms of PMS
• Aids in the nervous system, especially with impulse transmission
• Supports colon health
• Helps fight insomnia
• Good for adolescents
So for some reason yesterday I decided to take a look through my hotmail account. I suppose I became curious when I realized my inbox contained 38 pages of emails. Seriously, if someone were to hack into my hotmail account they could literally ruin my life. Can you imagine how many secrets 38 pages of emails hold? Turns out I stopped deleting emails somewhere in and around 2004. Kim and Mel both have their own folders and that’s where the money is. Every dirty detail of my life is in those to and froms. Somewhere between 2005 and 2007, I came across my old emails from the Miss Universe Canada nutritionist. Here’s what she had to say on “Skin Health!”.
Skin Health! (by Jennifer Scott)
When it comes to your skin as with the rest of your body, looking great
starts from within. Beyond eating a healthy, balanced diet full of
brightly colored fruits and vegetables, follow these tips to
reduce cellulite and make your skin glow!
• Drink lots of water (always carry a bottle with you and aim for 8 – 10 glasses per day)
• Eat lots of fish (like salmon, 3 times per week) and have a handful of salt-free trail mix for
snacks. The healthy fats in vegetables, fish and nuts actually helps your body to get rid of
unwanted fat, and make your skin look smooth and tight!
• Exfoliate the face using a gentle chemical peel (like a glycolic acid mask) 2 to 3 times per week.
Consult a specialist for specific type and brand best for your skin type. Follow the exfoliation by
splashing cold water on the face and then applying a clay mask to close the pores.
• Exfoliate the body using a scrub or exfoliating brush / gloves 2 to 3 times per week.
• When you are in the shower, massage problem areas for 5 minutes with soap or crème cleanser to
stimulate the cells and promote cellulite reduction.
• Take steam bath or sauna 3 times per week to detoxify the
body and clear the skin. Follow with a cool shower to close
the pores.
• Exercise to the point of sweating to produce the same
detoxifying effect as above.
• Get lots of rest!
Supplements for skin health
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin A
• Silica (mineral for skin, hair and nail health)
• EFA Blend (essential Fatty Acid / Omega blend)
• L-Carnitine (for cellulite – helps to mobilize stored “brown”
fat in the cells)
I don’t remember following one of these tips leading up to the pageant. Instead I spent one day running laps in a sauna with a mask on my face while massaging my ass, eating fish and chugging water. JUST kidding. I bought cellulite cream and used the whole bottle.
When I got home from work I decided to be creative and make something new.
Suppa

Two Zucchini's cut lengthwise and scooped out (I ate the scoops), filled with 1 Tbsp of Original Hummus each, topped with a LITTLE bit of Mozzeralla Cheese (I don't love cheese) and popped in the oven at 400 for about 15-20 minutes. Once they were done I drizzled them with some Nature's Hollow Maple Syrup.

Side Syrup for dipping of course. These were actually SO good, and I would suggest using REAL Maple Syrup if you have it. The contrast between salty, sweet and cheezy was AHmayzing.
I wish I could tell you that I did something crazy fun with the rest of my night, but I would be lying. I stared at basketball while my Man watched it for a while and then I stared at Jennifer Hedger's hair and outfit while she recapped it. As if she's not every man's dream girl. She's hot and she can give you the day's highlights from the world of sports over dinner. I wonder if she can cook?
Before bed I did what I always do and SNACKED..

Pumpernickle and PB
When I finished this I headed up to bed and tried to fall asleep. I'm still not sure whether I actually did or not but my Man came to bed about an hour later. He woke me up and I decided I needed another snack. Shocking.
Ezekiel English Muffin

Slathered in Better Buttah
i had a starbucks tea yesterday!!! yum! and i love those bars a lot. i usually love the fibre one the best but they are all pretty good. well the cinnamon raisin one isnt as good and i never really get it tho.
ReplyDelete<3
omg i think i need calcium pills!! thanks for the reminder....! XO
ReplyDeletemmmm that peanut butter cookie sounds and looks so yummy, haha when I was little my mom had those calcium pills (I use to sneak them and eat them like candy! woops) :)
ReplyDeleteHey Brittany! I'm new here... and I have to say -- I love your blog!!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the calcium pills! When I first got them, I was chewing them like candy (er, had to stop that habit). I think if you have to many, you basically just pee the extra out because your body can only absorb so much at one time! I'm not a huge fan of meat, either...I'm a veggie-muncher! My boyfriend eats a lot of meat, though, so we have the 'his' and 'hers' meal combos going on, too! Lol.