Breakfast Cookie

Apparently I was more excited than I let on since I almost forgot to take a picture. I doubt that would have been the end of the world though since I'm sure I only have 300 other Breakfast Cookie pictures.
So since it's been a while and someone wants to know how I make it (Kelly ;)), here's a an explanation.
How To
1. Take 1/3 Cup of Oatmeal (or Oatbran) and mix with Cinnamon and Tsp of Maca powder in a bowl.
2. Add 1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter or Almond Butter or any Nut Butter of your choice. Mix it into the Oatmeal using a butter knife and a chopping motion. It's the only way to blend it in.
3. Smash a whole Banana, 1/2 a Banana or 3/4 of Banana on a plate using a fork. I say 1/2 or 3/4 because it's fun to eat that part with PB while making it.
4. Toss the smashed Banana into the bowl of Oats/Nut Butter. Mix using your fork.
5. Once it's mixed add a 1-2 Tbsp of Almond Milk. Enough that it's all wet but not too much that the milk seperates from the mixture. Smoosh it together with your fork.
6. Now take mix and plop it on a plate. Using your fork flatten the mixture into a cookie shape. Sprinkle it with more Cinnamon and pop it in the fridge overnight.
7. Take it out of the fridge in the morning and EAT.
So yesterday I wore a romper for the very first time. Now I have a bone to pick with this article of clothing. For one, I hate the name ROMPER and two, how unconvenient is it that you have to practically get completely undressed to go the bathroom. All I could think about was that of all the days to ever have someone walk in on you in the bathroom, a romper day would be the worst. I locked the door.
Lunch Time
Okay, what I'm about to show you next is like the ULTIMATE lunch. I've named it this because of how I felt after. I was full but not too full and for once instead of feeling like a tired mess afterward I had MORE energy.
The Base

Brussel Sprouts (nooked for 3 minutes), Sauteed Onions and fresh Tomatoes.
The Top

Two Eggs Sunny Side up and NO Salt. Are you proud? You should be.
From work I headed to the gym for Power Class. That would 3 Power Classes in the last 6 days. But who's counting? I am. I followed this up with 40 minutes on the Elliptical and yes, I still hated my life the entire 40 minutes. Cardio is SO boring.
SUPPA was a Super Salad
The Base

Water Lettuce AKA Iceburg. I am aware that Iceburg lettuce is completely void of any nutritional value but I'm also aware that it tastes REALLY good in a salad.
The Top

Mahi-Mahi Burger, Tomatoes and Cheesy Sauce. 2 Tbsp Hummus mixed with 1 Tbsp Nurtitional Yeast and 1 Tbsp Water. This was perfect.
Last night Mel and I had a date with Bradley Cooper and Liam Neeson. Since we weren't sure who had feelings for who we decided to scrap the titles like, "Mel and Liam" etc. and instead we figured we'd just go with whatever felt natural.

I give this movie 2 Peanut Butter covered thumbs up. One thumb is purely dedicated to the male specimens in this film, and the female HELLO Jessica Biel. The other is for Murdock and his reenactment of Mel Gibson in Braveheart. I think Murdock and I would make great friends.
When I got home I was ready for a SNACK and what better snack than THIS..

Pumpernickle with 1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter. It's looks so proper all measured out like that.
When my Man got home from Rugby he seemed sad so I tried to cheer him up with THIS..

I smeared this cup/bowl with Almond Butter, added Oaty Bites, cut up Banana, filled it with Almond Milk and M&M's.
Unfortunately I don't think that men are wired the same way as women. They can't eat through their emotions. After that I went to bed which was around 10:30. Yup, it was a late one. And if it weren't for the loudest thunder I've heard in 24 years of life I would not have woken up for THIS.
Not one but TWO (Why?) Flatout Wraps with Better Buttah (Earth Balance)

Some PB snuck in there too but it was minimal.
PS This Pretty Girl

Sent me THIS link, http://lifestyle.ca.msn.com/health-fitness/health/rodale-article.aspx?cp-documentid=24537534 , and since I still don't know how to use the link application it's straight up copy and paste.
wow...I was about to search your blog for the cookie recipe!!!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing is that I do not like banana's with anything (by itself - yum!)...is there an alternative or is it okay to go bananaless
congrats on the no salt, I remember when I was cutting back it was so hard at first! now I load up on pepper instead. Hope you are having a great day :)
ReplyDeleteyour blog never ever fails to crack me up :) haha I always wondered about how you use the bathroom while wearing one of those rompers!! crazy.
ReplyDeletethanks for giving us a bfast cookie recipe WITHOUT protein powder..im so sick of seeing that stuff everywhere :) mucho appreciated.
ps. beastly salad. yum.
I need to just register for a profile but I'm lazy so I'll continue to use anonoymous and sign my name ... so defeating the purpose... HAH! Thanks for the cookie recipe, definitely giving it a try :) -Kel
ReplyDeleteLove the cookie recipe :)
ReplyDeleteahhhh I've missed your blog in my life so much! And I have to tell you that I am SOOOOOO excited that you put the recipe up for the breakfast cookie b/c I know you always talk about it...and it looks SO good..but I was never 100% sure how you made it. WELLLLLL guess who's having a breakfast cookie tomorrow??! This girl :)
ReplyDeleteNo, men cannot eat their way through their emotions, and it's unfair for several reasons. 1) When I'm mad, all my BF has to do to make me forgive him is buy me really good chocolate. This doesn't work for him.
ReplyDelete2) When he's pissed off and I bake him cookies, he's just more pissed off that I know he's pissed off and made him cookies.
3) They know food won't cheer them up, and therefore don't eat a whole bar of chocolate and half a jar of PB when they're feeling sad.
Not fair, not fair at all.
I feel the same way about rompers, which is why I've never bought one! I pee way too much to get naked twenty times a day.
Hope you're having a wonderful week love!! xoxo
oohh oaty bites look yummy. they should come in like, cinnamon or maple flavor, or chocoalte. yummmmm. :)
ReplyDeletehow are the flatout breads?
ive never tried them. idn why- i guess ive never been much of a "wrap" person. i like bread and english muffins. i also dont like bagels really.
haahha oh wellll :)
thats so true! i rarely encompass a man who eats emotionally. are women just too sensitive.. or is it that we take everything internally and to heart where a guy can just shrug it off with the rest of his day! geez huh!
ReplyDeletexoxo <3