Saturday, June 5, 2010

Rules and Regs


So I’m currently accepting applications for the Miss Peanut Butter Saskatchewan Pageant. The rules and regulations are as follows..

1) You must be 24 years of age, no older, no younger.
2) You must be a resident of Saskatchewan.
3) You must LOVE and accept every kind of Peanut Butter on the Market.
4) You must eat at least a jar a week by YOURSELF.
5) You must be an advocate for making it its own food group.
6) You must wake up at all hours of the night to consume it.
7) You must have at least 6 variations of PB open at all times.
8) You must be a feminist.

I win.



However, I might consider crowning someone else If you were to bribe me with let’s say, Justin Bieber tickets. Preferably front row, if we're going to run away together I need him to notice me first.

So I woke up yesterday morning and did something VERY unexpected. I hit the gym. I guess all my lunges and chair squats the night before had been just the motivation I needed to get back in the groove. Regardless of whether or not my body looks any different when regularly working out I still FEEL better and I LIKE to feel good. It even feels good if you only put in a half hour of Smith Machine Squats, Leg Presses, Bicep Curls and Tricep Pull-downs. I know because that’s all I did. A good 10 of those minutes were probably spent idolizing myself in the mirror. I figured it was start. I also ran into my friend Megs at the gym and chatted for a bit rounding up my total gym time at about 45 minutes. Solid.

I ran home and showered off the ridiculously dark layer of spray tan that had easily reached a level 9 on my 1-10 How Tanned Are You Scale, 10 being the point where you crossover from your race to another. I quickly got ready and ran out to the car where my Man was waiting for me. As I closed and locked the door behind me I had a brief but fleeting feeling that I had forgotten something. “Nah,” I thought.

Half way to work it clicked. I had forgotten my BREAKFAST COOKIE. “Well I’ll be driving home,” I announced immediately. We pulled up to the Shop (I’ve called it that since I was 0) my Man got out and I got into the driver seat. As IF I would go without breakfast. The boss would understand…

All that suspense made be especially excited for THIS


1/3 Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, Cinnamon, 1 Tsp Maca Powder, 2 Tbsp Almond Milk, and 3/4 Smashed Banana.

Sometime between my breakfast and my lunch my Sister and I decided to take Bailey for a walk around the block. I NEVER go for walks around the block but man was I happy I did. We were almost back at the office when Bailey noticed a sprinkler on the lawn of another office. She strolled up to it and attempted to take a drink. Now let's be clear, this was not one of those "Shower" setting sprinklers this was a high pressure "Jet" sprinkler. For the next 2 minutes my sister and I died laughing as Bailey tried to drink, got slapped in the face by water, tried to drink, slapped in the face. When we got back she looked like THIS


Ugh the infamous sideways photos are back to fudge with my mind.

All morning I thought about what I was going to eat for lunch. All that thinking paid off because THIS... WAS... GOOD...






4 Scrambled Egg Whites topped with 1 Amy's Veggie Burger, 2 Tbsp Hummus, 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce, Black Olives and a sprinkle of Nutritional Yeast. YUM.

Lunch Dessert


Fig with unpictured Peanut Butter.

When I got home from work I was in the mood to bake something. SO I busted out an old favorite with a new spin.

Peanut Butter Granola Bar

- 1 1/3 Cups Oats
- 1/2 Cup Cereal of your choice
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- M&M's (optional, you could also sub raisins or regular chocolate chips)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Agave Syrup (or Honey)
- 3 Tbsp Earth Balance Butter (or any margarine)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla

Mix dry ingredients except sugar in one bowl. Mix wet ingredients plus the sugar in a pot and heat. Heat it on medium until it becomes syrupy. Then pour the mixture over the dry ingredients, mix, flatten into a pan and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Prepare yourself, I took lots of pictures. Step by step and then some.

I ripped this open and then read "resealable", damn it.





The following is a picture of the BEST part of making the Granola Bar. Be sure to use the 1/4 for Peanut Butter (leave some around the egdes) and THEN use it for the sugar. Then lick it out!



My sugar of choice..













Tah DUH



Not only did I snack on the Granola bar, don't tell my Man but I ate all the cereal pieces off the top, I also dipped my fingers in each and every one of my nut butters as well as snacking on some Krack..



After all that baking, sampling and snacking I was full and didn't know what to do with myself. There was nothing on TV so I decided to take Bailey for a walk. As usual I kept walking us farther and farther away. It's the only way to get a decent walk. I have a tendency to cut circles short but there's no way of cutting turning around and walking back short. Afterward, I went to Superstore and the bank. Now i'm not going to go into detail but I opened the bank door to find that someone had gotten sick ALL over the floor/wall. SO GROSS. Who tosses their cookies in a bank?!? Oh crap, I have no money.. I'm going to be sick.. "BLEHHH". I got my money anyway and I hoped that someone would watch the surveillance video later, I was rather dramatic about it. I stood there plugging my nose and shouting, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"


JUST kidding. I was yelling, "SIIIIICK, this is SO siiiiick".

On my way home from Superstore I snacked on my NEW Strawberries. That's right I ate a few before washing them, mmm hmmm.



Suppa... Cheese Bfries


Cheese Sauce - 2 Tbsp Hummus, 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast, 1 and 1/2 Tbsp Water.

Before bed I made my Breakfast Cookie and had my usual 1/4 of Banana with Almond Butter. I have this everynight but never post it. So here it is..



ANNND


An Ezekiel English Muffin with Better Butter (Earth Balance).

It was 10:30, so I grabbed Bailey and headed up stairs to bed. Poor Bailey, doesn't even get to decide her own bedtime. She's lucky I stay up so late ;)

9 comments:

  1. hey girly! Thanks so much for the comment on my blog- I just checked out yours and LOVE it. You are too gorgeous for words!
    Your food looks ah-may-zing! Ill be making that granola bar ASAP!
    and of course, adding you to my google reader right now :)

    Have a fabulous weekend :)

    xo-Molly
    www.givinganythingbutup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so witty :).

    Love the crown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make those granola bars! They look so yummyyyy, especially the M&Ms. I should probably start a PB Queen of West Chester contest too...my dad just laughs at me every time I eat it by the spoonful. Hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! This post is too funny. I just found your blog via Oh She Glows and I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love raw cane sugar too!!! its probably the only sugar i consume to most of other than stevia.

    haha miss peanut butter!! <3 <3 miss prairie peanut butter actually hehe

    OMG M&M in granola bars!!! OMG.. do i need to say more!! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, your post definitely had me cracking up! I love the crown ;)

    Those granola bars look flippin' fantastic...I think I need to try those ASAP.

    And you're SO right about the Kashi's... they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha you're so funny -- i win!! congratulations and i really love that crown! where can i get one!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. those bars look SO great!! and love that crown :)

    ReplyDelete