1/3 Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp PB, 3/4 Smashed Banana, 2-3 Tbsp Almond Milk, Cinnamon and Maca Powder.
Lunch Time
Burgah & Fries
I took an early lunch and since I wasn't hungry yet I whipped this up and took it back to work with me. First, I threw my Mahi Mahi Burger on the George Forman. Then, I cut up some Rutabaga fries and I spiced things up with two of my favorite old ladies, Rosemary and Thyme.
All 5 of us rode back to work together. I like to bond with my food before I eat it.
Before heading out the door I embarked on a mission to find a toonie or 2 loonies laying around the house. I needed this change so I could afford a bottle of water at the gym. Luckily, living with my Man is like living with a piggy bank. Look no further than...
The Xbox
The Front Door
Or the Couch
Mission accomplished. My Man is completely unaware that he buys me little gifts everyday.. Coffees, waters, pop etc.
Mid Afternoon I tried out this Cola flavored Zevia pop.
Remember when you used to share pop when you were younger? You’d have a sip, your friend would have a sip, your friends younger sibling, grandmother and dog would have sip etc.. Back then pop was practically communal. Anyway, If you took a sip of your friends pop and handed it back to them they’d always say something like, “Uhhhh take your FRIENDS,” in reference to the trail of pop left on the ring of the pop can. Funny since it was almost said as if you should take your “friends” for sanitary reasons. “Take your friends but don’t worry about your entire extended family you just back washed into the can.” If someone ever says, “take your FRIENDS” to me now I’ll simply reply.. “Nah, I took my friends. I left my enemies because you’re an A**hole.”
I’d also like to introduce you to the new addition to my desk cupboard.
Purely Bulk Trail Mix (from Dad’s)
Dates, roasted Peanuts, Coconut, Almonds, Sultana Raisins, Sunflower Seeds, Currants, Apple Pieces Unbleached, Brazil Nuts and Filberts.
PS WHAT are Filberts?! I could not spot anything Filbert-like in this trail mix...
After work I was headed to Gold’s Gym for a double header. I’ve been such a sloth lately that I decided to dive head first back into fitness. My plan? Ride Class then Power Class. Mmmm Hmmm THAT'S what you get for not going for the past MONTH. Doing both classes back to back is not my idea of fun but I must say it felt GOOD. Actually I retract that last statement. Ride did not feel GOOD, I assumed that I wasn't sore from the Ride Class the morning before. THAT was until I SAT down on the ride back, something was definitely sore and it wasn't my legs. This also begs the question, how are guys able to ride bikes?
I came home and showered after the gym since my Man and I had plans to go out for supper with his Dad. We met his Dad and his GF at Brewsters where I ordered the Tomato Feta Salad with Shrimp. I ordered this blindly asking them to hold the feta and assuming it would be a regular salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers etc. Color me shocked when a plate full of large tomatoes and a shrimp skewer arrived. Luckily, my Man offered up his side salad and suggested mixing it in with my Tomatoes. He's SO smart.
When we got home from Supper I had an Oh She Glows inspired SNACK
I know what you're thinking, "What the fudge is this?" I'll tell you. It is 1/2 a cup of Chickpeas smothered in 1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter, refrigerated and drizzled with maple syrup. YUM.
My Man and I were both tired last night, so in typical crazy friday night fashion we fell asleep around 10:00. I also woke up around 12:00 for some unpictured Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB. Damn it, I was trying not to have any yesterday. Fail.
ooh! I love Zevia! My favorites are the root beer and the black cherry! so tasty, and i love how its sweetened with stevia :)
ReplyDeletemmm zevia is fun stuff. i loooove chick peas, but never had them with pb! good idea!
ReplyDeleteFilberts = hazelnuts. I wondered that out loud too once and my mom helped me out!
ReplyDeleteCrotch soreness on a bike sucks. Such an uncomfortable feeling!! Forget padded butt cheeks...the entire pair of bike shorts should be padded.
Hope you've had a great weekend love!! xoxo