Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bachelorette Monday?

How about the tag line for last nights Bachelor, "Which will Jake choose, sugar or spice?"

Ummmm he went with spice, hot spice, roof of your mouth on fire, pound 10 glasses of water spice. Jake is going to get BURNED. Sugar, Sugar, you ALWAYS choose Sugar! Alright, alright, in all serious though I have to admit that they seem genuinely happy and in love. That being said I GUESS I am happy for both of them, I guess..

Moving on to yesterdays eats...

5:40 am - Alarm went off
5:41 am - Get up
5:42 am - Don't get up
5:43 am - Get up
5:44 am - Don't get up
5:45 am - Got up

I ended up leaving for the gym but in order to get there I told myself I didn't have to do ride. Once I was there I told myself I could try ride and then leave if I was too tired. After each track I told myself one more and I'm leaving. I tricked myself into the whole class. Well done.


1/2 scoop Muscle Food straight to the BUTT (I hope)

COOKIE time

1/3 cup Oats, 1 tbsp Almond Butter, 1/2 smashed Banana (big one), Cinnamon, Maca Powder and Agave. NOM.

According to Dr. Ariel Policano's (sunfood.com) list of "10 Foods for Women's Health" Maca is a super food, it stole the number TWO spot. Here’s what is said…

2) Maca
• Incredible hormone regulation from the top down -- works from pituitary gland.
• Adrenal support for strong, steady energy.
• Thyroid support for healthy metabolism.
• Reproductive support -- Balances hormones and reduces hot flashes.
• Libido support. (Ohhhh really?)
• Rich in B Vitamins.

Since I was unaware of my own Salad Challenge I had a salad of sorts but was missing 1 veggie to be complete

Weeds, Steamed Cabbage, Chickpeas topped with Applesauce and Cinnamon.

Mid Afternoon I was hungry for a snack. I had to get blood work done, which I was supposed to have gotten after my Physical a few weeks ago. What? I tried but the Lab was too crowded for my liking that day. I don't like sitting close to anyone in Doctors offices, labs or hospitals. I mean come on now, they've got to have SOMETHING.

Now since i'm the queen of oversharing, I'll overshare some more. So first of all, I handed the man at the front desk my folded up blood work paper only to watch him unfold it and find my perscription for the NuvaRing. AWKWARD, i'll take that. Second, I was unaware that I also had to give a Urine sample. I did this and then sat down to have my blood taken. The woman (obviously struggling for a conversation starter) asked me how the Urine Sample went. I politely engaged in this topic and asked her if the serviettes they give you (to use pre-pee) are new. "They're not new, maybe you've just never done a midstream before." Midstream eh? oops.. I don't need to be up to date on Lab lingo to know that I did that WRONG.

ANYWAY, the point of that story is that I was able to stop at home on my way back to work and grab THIS:

My Man's ALMOST Empty Almond Butter JAR!! Could I be any luckier lately?

I filled this bad boy with Almond Milk, 1/2 Scoop Vanilla Muscle Food and Smart Bran. Heaven.

Top View


I think I got it all..


Since it was BACHELOR Monday I had THIS:


Traditional Butternut Squash Fries and LOADS of Ketchup.

I took all the essentials (My Man, Bailey, Bnut Fries) and headed downstairs for 2 and half hours of Bachelor glory. I needed something sweet after my fries so on commercial break I grabbed one of THESE:


A double chocolate Vitamuffin with better butter (Earth Balance). My Man couldn't believe I was eating it with butter. What?


My Man and I bought these on our Saturday night Walmart run. They are Low Fat, High Fibre (7 grams), Low Sodium, Whole Grain, Cholesterol Free and Delicious.

Since I also decided to try and give up late night feasting I had this before bed while telling myself it would be the LAST piece of the night.


PB and Pumpernickle.

It worked! I was in bed around 11:00 and I slept through the WHOLE night.

3 comments:

  1. Love the cereal in a jar- I've only had oats, but I'm a cereal gal, so I have to try that! Way to make it to the gym this morning, I had an early workout too! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy eats - glad you found me on foodbuzz so that I could then find YOU! Looking forward to reading more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahah YES we are the only ones that like use BUTTER on the blog world! On my last post i said "its a SIN without butter on a vitatop!" for real! makes such a big difference!
    straight to the butt-story of my life I WISH.. ive wanted a bigger butt forever :/

    ReplyDelete