Sunday, March 7, 2010

Choreday Saturday

Eat my Breakfast Cookie: Check
Go to the gym: Check
Go get Groceries: Check
Clean the Bedroom: Another day
Do the Dishes: Check
Make my Inspiration Board: Tomorrow
Clean the bathroom: NEVER

BREAKFAST:


Green Tea in my Second Cup cup from the night before, this made for easy transport on my drive to the gym.


This particular cookie took 2 attempts. The first time I grabbed cumin instead of cinnamon and dumped it into my oats like I was emptying the jar. The strong aroma was a quick giveaway and since I wasn't prepared to try out an East Indian bfast cookie I had to start over.

Normally on Saturdays I go to Ride at 9:30, but yesterday I decided to do cardio on my own. I logged a quick 30 minutes on the elliptical and then walked on the treadmill alternating between 10% and 15% incline for 10 minutes. I did this because I vaguely remember someone telling me Jessica Biel does this. And there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t ask myself WWJD? (What would Jessica do) I pumped some iron too; two machines for tri’s, bi’s and chest, and one for back. After typing that I realize I missed shoulders.. oops..

I came home and decided to get my Muscle Food via Cake Batter:


1/2 Scoop Muscle Food, Almond Milk, Cinnamon and 1 Tbsp PB

After the gym one of my girlfriends and I went grocery shopping. It was much more fun shopping with her than just my self, however it was also more distracting and I forgot a few things. We made our rounds and hit up three different grocery stores. I took her around showing her all of things I thought she should buy, I was like a personal shopper.. for FOOD.

All that shopping made me hungry. I came home from a Salad Challenge. I had refried beans from Thursday’s salad to use up and I was craving sweet tater rounds SO:


I made it a salad. I also added tomatoes to make that TWO veggies, weeds were hiding underneath and I topped it off with some BBQ sauce.

Mel came over for coffee (pomegranate green tea actually but coffee sounds better) in the afternoon and we talked for 2 hours, which actually felt like 5 minutes. What can I say we just find each other SO interesting. When she left I did the unthinkable. I finally picked up the dog poop in the backyard. Now I don’t want to go into detail or anything but the temperature here went from below zero to above zero, that’s frozen to unfrozen poop. I used a shovel and let’s just say I won’t be walking out in our mini backyard until it rains, HARD.

I had a few snacks throughout the afternoon:


Blueberries, Raspberries AND Cinnamon


Cucumbers and Hummus

And then it was time to make COOKIES!!! We’re having family supper at my parent’s house tonight and I’m in charge of dessert. So I made ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES courtesy of the Fitnessista:

Dry Ingredients:

2 cups Spelt Flour
1.5 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ cup Vegan Chocolate Chips



Wet Ingredients

½ cup Almond Butter
1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ cup Canola Oil
¾ cup Maple Syrup



Combine all wet ingredients in one bowl and dry in the other, then MIX. For tomorrow’s supper I made individual tart cups and squished the dough down flat. This way I’ll put them in the oven RIGHT before we eat them (I’m also going to top them with Banana Ice Cream). The rest of the dough I rolled into balls and cooked at 350 for 11 minutes.





Annnnnnd VOILA



Next up, Suppa:


I ate the other half of yesterdays Acorn Squash, Broccoli, Asparagus and the best part... An Amy's Burger

My Man and I had another Pat Game to go to last night and then we came home and watched, Gamer. Since it was a movie essenially about a video game I'll turn to my Man for a review... Oh right he doesn't have one, we both fell asleep.

Before the Movie I had a snack of.... SURPRISE


Pumpernickle and PB

And when I woke up after the sleep, I mean movie, I went with a GOEY You'd Swear It Was Fresh Out Of The Oven English Muffin.

]
With Better Butter of course


Couldn't stop there, because that would smart. Half a Nanner with Cashew Butter too.

After that I moved out sleeping party to our actual bed, Bailey: Check, My Man: Check, Myself: Check.

2 comments:

  1. Loving the salads so far! Sweet potatoes are always a win. EW to the dog poop...I'm impressed you did that, I'm such a girl! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours!! I have always wanted to make those almond butter cookies...must get on that stat. :D

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete