Monday, March 29, 2010

Jars Galore

I woke up bright and early yesterday morning because that’s what I like to do on Sundays. Noooooo, because it was the day that all of my fittings have been leading up to, the day of the fashion show. I had to be up at 6:30 so I could shower, eat and be at a Hair Salon by 8 for hair and makeup. I deliberately left myself enough time to sit and enjoy my breakfast cookie while catching up on some blogs.


This cookie kind of looks like I added Cocoa powder to it, but in reality I mistakenly opened the wrong side of the Cinnamon Spice Container and instead of “sprinkling”, it poured.

When I got to the salon I was excited to see my fav Makeup Artist and one of my girlfriends, Lex. We were both done our hair and makeup by 9:30 and we didn’t have to be at show until 11:00. So what did we do? Hit up the NEW Walmart of course. Much like Costco, the NEW Super Walmart is like a mini world of its own. I picked up some new paper plates and we both bought VITAMUFFINS.



I was scared that they might defrost until Lex spotted these magical bags.

Hot/Cold Bag


I might be the only grocery shopper unaware of these smart convenient totes. I was tempted to buy my Man's fav Ice Cream Sandwiches but I thought that might be pushing it, as if they can keep it THAT cold. Or can it?

We went for coffee/tea at Tim’s, yes still inside Walmart, and killed the rest of the hour. I snacked on a bowl of Cantaloupe, Honey Dew Melon and grapes while we chatted. Once we got to the show, which was also a convention with booths, we toured around before heading backstage. We came across one fantastic booth serving Organic Chocolate Samples, so cleary we took advantage.

The Fashion Show was good, but the music was a little meh. The runway HOWEVER was a death trap. It reminded me of the Wii game where you’re trying to make it to the end of the obstacle course without being thrown off the planks. It was a long runway covered in carpet with sneaky bumps and uneven wood, all attempting to knock you off. Luckily, I won. I made it there and back in all 4 outfits without tripping or falling off. Victory.

By the time I got home it was 2 o’clock and I was HUNGRY so I made myself this volumous (fake word) faux Pasta Dish


Spaghetti Squash, Organic Tomato Basil Sauce, Crumbled Amy's burger and the remainder (excluding the moldy ones) of my assorted Mushrooms. Perfect combo.

Volume Eating 101


Always eat the WHOLE half of an Obese Squash.

I was STUFFED but I really wanted something sweet, so much like getting injured I told myself to just “walk it off, walk it off”. My Sister and I took Bailey for a walk so I could work up a little appetite for dessert. Oh and for Bailey's sake too.

It failed, no appetite BUT it did not phase me


½ Double Chocolate Vitamuffin, ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt, Cinnamon and ½ Tbsp PB. UNREAL.

Annnnnnnnnd



When my Man got home from hockey he informed that we were meeting his Dad and his girlfriend and her son annnd Grandparents for supper. I could have made that even more complicated and said his Grandpa and his wife (not my Man's REAL Grandma) who he's been married to forever so she very much IS his Grandma. Families are so complicated to explain, just like his Dad's GF is practically his wife. Holy cow that's a mouthful. I wanted to say his parents and grandparents but that would have been very inaccurate. ANYWAY, Not knowing where, we both PRAYED that it wasn’t the restaurant across the street from his Dad’s place. Guess where we went? The restaurant across the street, his Grandpa loves the Veal Cutlet (yick).

Regardless of the menu lacking in ANYTHING vegetarian I had so much fun. Going out with family is about the company anyway not the food, and the company was GOOD. I ordered a tossed salad and planned on making a real meal when we got home. However, my real meal more like a various vehicles for the transportation of PB from the jar to my mouth.

I overcompensated in a MAYJAH way. The Middle Men..


1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt, 3/4 Scoop Muscle Food, Cinnamon, Half a Vitamuffin, 1 Tbsp PB. This combination is out of this world.

I should have taken a picture of the Snacking Station I set up. I had the Almond Butter, PB, Cashew Butter and White Chocolate Wonderful PB & Co ALL opened on the table in front of me.


1 and 1/2 pieces Pumpernickle bread and 3 Finn Crisps. It was a dippin party, one bite with this butter, one bite with that butter. I went NUTS (literally). I also had the Prairie Berry Spread open too, the table was full of Jars.


Banana with a little bit of ALL the Nut Butters. Why choose just one?

2 comments:

  1. Glad your fashion show went well! I've never seen those bags either, but they look awesome! I hate when food melts on the car ride home.

    Booo for the restaurant having no veggie options. I hate when that happens :(

    Hope you're having a great Monday!! And thanks for the kale chip how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delicious-looking eats! Love those chocolate vita muffins! :)

    ReplyDelete