Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sick Day

Warning: The amount of snacks consumed yesterday was outrageous and should not be attempted at home.

I woke up yesterday morning with the same mother fudgin headache as the night before. Needless to say there was no way I was making it to work as life sucks with this kind of pain. You can however, always turn to food for comfort...

Cookie Time



Fig with Cashew Butta


Finn Crips with PB



Reflexology: A natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears and their referral areas within zone related areas, which correspond to every part, gland and organ of the body. Through application of pressure on these reflexes without the use of tools, crèmes or lotions, the feet being the primary area of application, reflexology relieves tension, improves circulation and helps promote the natural function of the related areas of the body. (definition according to the scholarly wikipedia.com)

I had my first ever Reflexology appointment yesterday and I had no idea what to expect, at this point though I’d try eating dirt if it would make my headaches go away. My mom picked me and drove me because she’s supermom and that’s what supermoms do. I think she was also secretly excited to watch me get tortured. I kid you not, I surprised myself by the number of curse words I know. They were running through my head at lightning speed and all directed towards the lady punishing my feet (and my sister who was the one who referred me to her). Only a few slipped out, which was good considering the odds.

Each spot that she dug her hands into was directly linked to an organ elsewhere in my body. The pain I felt when she pushed on my “uterus” leads me to believe I can’t bear children and my pancreas must be poisoned. Somewhere throughout the appointment the lady threw me off and started talking about my emotions. When I started crying I was utterly confused for a moment, am sitting in a psychologist’s chair or a reflexologist's chair? She told me that I hang on to things and I need to learn to let things go, “your too young for that shit” were her exact words. She said that hanging on to things is what’s going to make me sick.

Okay, so all in all I have to say that although it hurt like a mother f***** it was definitely worth it. Apparently you can tell a lot from a person’s foot. I’m not getting enough oxygen, I’m on the road to Osteoporosis if I don’t start getting more calcium, I have slow circulation and in turn absorb nutrients REALLY slow and I hang on to too much shit (which sounds like between the shit and the oxygen headaches are inevitable). It was interesting and I’m willing to keep trying it. I’ve got nothing to lose… but shit..

I got home and had a HUGE Salad


Spinach, Weeds, Squash, Spiralized Zucchini, Tempeh and a CREAMY dressing of 1/4 block of Silken Light Tofu blended with 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast and a splash of water.

I lied about the dates being too sweet..


Slathered in unpictured PB

I ended up watching Tyra for 2 hours. Of all things not to watch when you have a headache Tyra probably tops the list. I was too high on meds to care/change the channel.

Snack number who knows


Pumpernickle with PB

I was so excited to make homemade pizza last night with my new recipe, but since my head had different plans for me I opted for something easy


Acorn Squash, Roasted Broccoli with Nutritional Yeast, Bean Medley sauteed with Mushrooms and BBQ sauce.


Date with PB. These are ADICTING



This is probably where I should have stopped, but I didn't..


Ezekiel English Muffin with Better Butter


ANOTHER Date with PB and Finn Crisps (plus another one) with PB and Prairie Berry Spread.


Pumpernickle with Peanut Butter & Co Cinnamon Swirl

I'm going out on a limb here but I think I had a LITTLE too much PB yesterday..

2 comments:

  1. Reflexology has always sounded interesting, now I want to try it! The idea of an intense foot massage is pretty enticing. Hope you feel better today girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany,
    I'm a massage therapist - you may want to seek a good cranio-sacral practioner or even an accupressure specialist for your headaches. Cranio, in particular can be a huge help, particularly if they're migraine type. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete