Thursday, May 13, 2010

Abercrombie

I woke up yesterday morning and for the first time this trip I got up before my Man. He's been the one telling me to get out of bed lately. Phoenix is some sort of alternate universe. I headed for the fridge, pulled out my Breakfast Cookie, grabbed a cup of coffee and went straight to my tanning station.



I had some company stop by...


I kept creeping closer and closer trying to test his personal space limit. There's no zoom on this shot.

After breakfast, Boy Meets World and a little Sabrina I got changed thinking my Man and I would be heading to the gym. Well we were, BUT first he had to order a pair of cleats on the internet. That's the first time in my entire life that I've seen or spelt that word. I had to start typing CL into google to see what would come up. If it's wrong blame google. Anyway, I tried to fill my time by riding my bike up and down our street. It's not quite as fun fully clothed but I still felt like I was 5. I think 5 is the perfect age to feel on vacay. There's something so relaxing about that age. Your biggest concern is what letter is what and trying not to make eye contact with the kid eating his glue. Or in my case, asking him what it tastes like.

We got to the gym around 11:00 which was okay since my Man assured me it was a short day. I was under the impression it was just shoulders until I finished those and told him I'd meet him on the treadmill for our 5 minute walk. "Uhhh aren't you going to do bi's and tri's?" he asked. "Ugh, WHAT?"

We stopped at Wholy Foods on our way home to grab some lunch stuff. This is the perfect name since I think that place is blessed and I can't help but shouting "Holy FOOD" everytime I walk in. After, wondering the aisles for a while and dreaming about becoming a Whole Foods cashier we decided on some Fresh Rolls (to eat on the drive home).



And I picked up some Shrimp and GREEN funny Squashes. I still don't know what these are called.


I overcooked our shrimp then squeezed lemon juice and salt on top. As for the funny squashes, I cooked those at 400 and loaded them up with Chilli Powder and dipped'em in Ketchup.

After lunch we decided to do some more shopping and in typical girl fashion, it went from fun to frusterating in a hurry. It doesn't matter what size you are, after trying on one too many not cute things you start to get mad. Just as I was convinced I was over shopping I spotted my favorite store, Abercrombie. What can I say, I'm a t-shirt and ripped jeans kind of girl. My Man headed for the nearest washroom (he has the bladder the size of a small infant) and I B lined it for A&F.

I started browsing around finding all the pieces i'd been eyeing up on the internet only something was off. Everything seemed REALLY small. I looked around and although the models on the poster looked a tiny bit younger than usual (maybe 3 years), everyone else shopping around was my age. What the heck? I walked back outside and checked out the sign to be sure, ABERCROMBIE. Yup, this was right. I decided to find the skirts. I'd try one on. I skipped through the top 5, since I wasn't looking for skirts for my Barbie and picked up a size 10 (nothing wrong with a size 10, it's just not my size), the first size that might fit a human. It was the length of ONE of my thighs. Oh... My... God... I'm TOO big for Abercrombie?! How old am I?!

I left the store in a huff and waited for my Man to return from the bathroom, where was it? Canada? Finally, he reappeared and we went back in together. "Is it just me or is everything in here REALLY small?" I asked. We walked into the guys side, my Man picked up one shirt and announced, "this is definitely kids." He headed over to the employee who had welcomed me in the first place and asked him if it was the kids store. The guy cut him off saying yes before my Man even finished the question. The color came back to my face and immediately wondered what that guy was thinking while I hovered over the skirts having a mid-twenties crisis. Would it kill you to call it Abercrombie Kids?

I later found the REAL Abercrombie and dropped a quick wad of cash. I got a bathing suit, some ripped shorts, capris and 3 different colors of the same tube top. I ALWAYS do this. When you find something you like, go big or go home.

While my Man was trying on shoes in Journeys I sat down and made myself comfortable eating Peanut Butter off the chest of an ADULT Aber model.


I pulled out THIS Mojo Cliff bar and feeling generous I even split it with my Man. It was Peanut Butter Pretzel and it was GOOD. I can't believe it has 200 cals and 10 grams of protein but yet tastes like something that should have 1000 calories and zero protein. It ACTUALLY had peanut butter pretzels in it. I'll definitely be stuffing these in my suitcase and hauling them back to Canada.

On our way back home we stopped at Wholy Foods again. I taste tested salsa, guac, muffins, ice cream, basically anything they were offering I was taking. My Man grabbed some Taco seasoning for his Suppa and I cracked and bought a Bnut Squash.

I also picked up some fruit for the 5 minutes drive home. What's a road trip without snacks?



Suppa


Bnut Squash Fries sprinkled with Salt and Chilli Powder and 5 Quorn Balls. It says that a serving is 3-4 but that didn't sound like a enough. I REALLY love these balls.

A side of Ketchup of course



His Suppa


Taco Salad. Beef, Taco Seasoning, Spinach, Salsa, Greek Yogurt, Guac, Tomatoes and Feta.

We settled in with our suppers and tried to watch Angels and Demons for the fourth night in a row. We debated fast forwarding the first 10 minutes since we've practically both memorized the lines but decided we might miss something.

I cuddled with my Condiments and Spices..


I always need MORE.

After finishing our supper we decided to switch positions and lay down. Five minutes later we were both sleeping. I think I woke up about 30-40 minutes into the movie since I didn't recognize the scene and decided to make my snack. I woke my Man up and told him I was making oatbran. He replied, "We'll save this movie for another night?!" I wasn't sure if it was a question or statement but I agreed. At this rate we'll be saving it for the end of time.

OATBRAN


1/3 Cup Oatbran and 2/3 Cup Water. Once it looked cooked I added 1/4 Cup of Egg Whites and lotsa Nature's Hollow Honey. I cooked it a little longer and then topped it with Naturally More PB.

I ate it while my Man slept and I watched Undateable. I can't believe that's considered a show. Unfortunately its the only thing I can ever find at 10 o'clock on the US TV. I finished my Oatbran, learned that an "I'm with stupid" t-shirt wearing dude is undateable and packed it in for the night.

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I love the Abercrombie story. I wish I was shorter though, because their size 16 girls is equivalent to a size 4 in the adult store, the length is just smaller...and they're about half as much. Not fair.

    Those Clif bars are the bomb. I love the stats too, as long as I skip over the sugar line.

    Keep enjoying your trip love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah about abercrombie -- the kid's store is the one that's "abercrombie." in lowercase with a period i think. and adult version has capital letters. weird huh? i guess it makes sense. small letters for small sizes. interesting what gabriela said about a size 4 equaling a size 16. i need to find a kids a&f bc i am short as shit and could really use some of their clothing. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have so made that mistake before!! not only in abercrombie but in jcrew kids too! ahh teh days I used to fit in kids clothing haha

    your boys dinner acutally used greek ypgurt in that mix?! i am impressed!!

    love that 'tanning station'

    have a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those cliff bars! yum

    You look like your having fun on your trip :)

    Dana <3
    http://happinessiswithin.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah im tiny, so i can still fit into a few things @ the kids store- which, like gabriela said, is like HALF the price. Adult jeans- 120, kids jeans- 60. NICE!
    it pays to be short, i guess?
    ive been meanign to try those clif bars too. i hear they roooock!
    xoxLisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am an abercrombie girl too! Glad you are having a fun vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha maybe it was Canada... lol

    omg how great does his supper look!!!! wowww

    ahh those little lizard things scare me. if we had them here i think id scream.. k but we have those little gardner snakes.. they freak me out !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny girl!
    I know how ya feel because I work at the kds store and we always always always get people coming in thinking it's the older store but then I have to tell them Abercrombie is just kids but Abercrombie AND fitch is the older store ;) confusing ya I know!
    So don't worry you are not the only one ;)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete