Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Next Generation

My alarm woke me up at 5:20; I hesitated but managed to get up. I couldn’t skip the gym AGAIN yesterday and I knew if I did I’d likely be starting a bad habit, a bad not going to the gym habit. I threw on my gym stuff and one of my Man’s huge hoodies, it was pouring outside so this seemed like a suitable wardrobe. Hood up and I was out. I got to the gym and was promptly greeted by Front Desk Lady, “Whatup Hommie?” (fitting) I signed up for ride and then proceeded to get some triceps done before class. I overestimated my tri time and was late for ride, typical. When I got in there I was surprised to see a lovely lady I know on the bike beside me. PERFECT, her killer legs gave me just the motivation I needed to work EXTRA hard. No cheating yesterday, I want THOSE legs.

I came home and had some Protein POWdER


½ Scoop Vanilla Muscle Food. Natural light looks good on anyone/anything.

That last statement actually isn’t true. Do you know how many times I’ve gotten ready in my bathroom, done the whole cover-up and bronzer thing only to walk outside, take one look in my rear view mirror and be shocked/horrified? HELLO orange face, white neck. Damn you bathroom lighting, you win again.

We (as in my Man the scale salesman) and I arrived at work RIGHT on time.
Approximately one hour later I dove head first into THIS

I can't believe the month is OVER, where'd it go?


The usual playas. I’ll let you know when/if it ever changes.

The rest of the morning I tried to organize my office/clean out my to-do folder. See a while back I got over excited about folders and decided to make a whole heaping stack of em -- personal and business related. I’ve got one labeled to-do, government (GST,PST stuff), accounts receivable (SHOW ME THE MONEY), Groceries (I had good intentions of keeping track, HAD as in they passed), Health (receipts I NEED to claim back) etc.. I even made one labeled blog, completely logical since everything related to my blog in ON the computer. Obviously my judgment was clouded by my new found love of filing. ANYWAY, this ended up backfiring. I was beginning to notice that my to-do file continued to get bigger, never smaller. That’s weird. SO today I tackled it and found a few things that I needed “to-do” a while back. Oops. It actually worked better for me when all my papers were scattered on my desk because I’d slowly do them one by one. You see a folder is like a metaphorical back burner. That being said I burnt a few things to a CRISP.

Lunch rolled around


No I didn’t eat my phone. I was too busy concentrating on organizing that I FORGOT my Camera. I took a picture with my phone instead. So here’s a picture of the picture on my phone. Confused? Not as confused as I would have been had I attempted to upload that photo onto the computer. Although it may not look like it, this is steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower loaded with Nutritional Yeast and some TVP & Ketchup. YUM.

I busted out my Snack around 4


3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt, Lotsa drops Hazelnut Cream Stevia, Cinnamon annnnd 1 Tbsp PB.

When I got home from work I had some Sweetpea Bar



And some more..



I continued to ransack the kitchen snacking on various unpictured things.. Dates, Peanut Butter Granola, finger to nut butter jar action, some Mary's Crackers. I would have taken pictures but I wouldn't have been able to keep up. It was a regular free for all. That was until I finally settled on some Suppa.


Acorn Squash and 4 scrambled Egg Whites with a Crumbled Amy's Veggie Burger. SOOOOO good.

Since it was so ugly out we decided to rent a movie. Well that and because it's what we do on friday nights. There was NOTHING at Blockbuster, like NO good movies. So we left with... brace yourselves... like I said there were NO movies... we had no choice...

STAR TREK



For the first 30 minutes of the movie all I was thinking to myself was, holy cow you really do have to be into this sort of thing to enjoy/understand it. What is going on? But then it all started to come together and it actually wasn't too bad. Another bonus, I finally know where THIS came from..Of course we didn't finish the whole thing because it was gettting late (10:30) and we needed to get to bed (we're so crazy).

Before actually heading up to bed I had THIS


A gooey Ezekeil English Muffin slathered in Better Butter. A little piece of heaven.

8 comments:

  1. even though its so hard to get started with organizing.. its so worth it! i love how u labeled everything.. and yes always keep those receipts.. its amazing how many times we go "damn i wish i kept that.. or had a place to find it!!"

    oh god acorn squash is so delicious! yum! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the class you add to your Muscle Food by drinking it out of a pretty glass. It really takes your morning up a notch.
    Quick question, though-what is that you eat for breakfast? I'm sure you've explained before, but I can't seem to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha your posts always make me laugh :D
    i love those ezekiel muffins. so dense and chewy and take longer to eat then those 100-cal bread thin things. plus they're so natural! i've never heard of TVP before though. seems like a good protein source

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brittany!!!!

    I want your breakfast cookie secret! What is it?? How do you make it???

    Hope you're having a great Saturday evening girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Organizing things is like yoga to me--it can relax me. Although, I usually only stay organized for about a week and stuff all goes down the drain again bc somehow I manage to undo all my progress--cant be frustrating sometimes! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I then headed out for my run. It was really good, I can feel my confidence growing each time I run. I did 9 miles this morning in 1hr 27, I can't get my exact breakdown as I lost GPS signal around mile 3 and that just completetly knocked everything off. At least I know I'm still coming in under 10 min a mile, however I really want to improve this for the Great North Run.When I got back I stretched, showered and then made breakfast, I was starving! I started off with a slice of toasted rye bread with crunchy peanut butter and strawberry jam followed by my best green monster smoothie in a bowl to date, made with loads of spinach, chocolate rice milk, scoop of chocolate whey, frozen banana and a few mixed frozen berries. This blended really well but stayed thick and creamy. I felt like I was eating a fruity chocolate ice cream, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never taken a spin class, sound like fun!
    I loved that star trek movie.My man & me are the same, 10:30 lights out!! lol Enjoy your Sunday!
    <3 Dana
    http://happinessiswithin.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exercise beyond what is optimal is at best a waste of time and possibly harmful as injuries occur or the body does not fully recover from the exercise. That time spend sweating and enduring discomfort could have been spent relaxing or more importantly recovering. The human body is the only machine that improves when it is worked, but at some point it wears down like any other machine. If the body is not permitted adequate time to recover injury, a compromised immune system or fatigue can result.What is the point of the additional exercise if the end result is injury? Few are equipped to run long hours on the road without the eventual injury. Not everybody listens to their body and opts to stop exercise short of injury. According to Runners World 70 percent of runners who run regularly for a year will experience an injury. While these injuries may be small they can become chronic if not allowed to heal fully and in the end might require surgery. Is it worth possible injury just to burn a few more calories? This is not to say one should not run, but one should consider that possible downside of running those extra miles.

    ReplyDelete