Saturday, May 8, 2010

Travel Trail

The Devil


I haven't had coffee in over 3 months. I dove back into this mug head first and it left my head buzzing and my stomach spinning. It was like a bad ride. While I enjoyed the jacked up feeling it gave me, the upset stomach was a downer.

I ordered some WW Toast



And two happy Eggs with Fruit


This wasn't an actual meal, I subbed my bacon for fruit and my hashbrowns for coffee. Good deal I thought.

Sometime throught the day I snacked on this orange I picked up at the airport..



Since we were careless and our hotel was actually in the middle of NOWHERE, we tagged along with my Man's Aunt and Uncle for the morning. We hit up some outlet stores where mine and my Man's will power was tested. Save.. Money.. For.. Phoenix..

We got back to the hotel around 1:00 and had no choice but to eat in the ONE restaurant within a 100 mile radius. Again I made up my own meal.

"Can I get the Veggie Sandwich on a wrap instead of bread and for the sauce can I get Ketchup and Mustard? Oh and can you add pickles? Thanks."


This was PERFECT.

The wedding was from 3:00 until 4:00 in which time my Man and I decided that we do not want a typical Catholic wedding ceremony. There was one too many awkward scenarios happening. Neither of us want to sit at the front facing everyone in attendance as if we were two bad kids in class. Also, why are all church songs s high pitched?

After the ceremony I snacked on THIS



The wedding dinner was spectacular. I didn't take pictures for obvious reasons although I was tempted to pretend like I was taking pictures of the centre piece and then quickly aim down. I raided the dessert table like I it was a table of weapons and I was heading off to war. I started with a piece of nanaimo, carrrot cake and a tart square. Then I asked my Man to grab me another piece of nanaimo while he was up there. I proceeded to polish that one off and steal his. 3 pieces of nanaimo later and I was a LITTLE bit uncomfortable.

The rest of the night was really fun. I met family members and relatives my Man didn't even know. Like the two party animals we are we caught a ride back to the hotel with the craziest couple there, his grandparents.

SUNDAY

Airport Breakfast



We got into Phoenix at 1:00 and guess where we went? STRAIGHT to the MALL. We shopped from 2 o'clock until it closed at 6:00. Somewhere in the middle we sat down for some lunch.

Mall Lunch


Pita Jungle - Tofu, Veggies, Brown Rice, Beans, Hummus and a Whole Wheat Pita. YUM. This plate could have fed a family of 6.

As we drove back to my Parents AHmazing house (pictures to come) we found THIS

ALLELUJAH


We spent the next 2 and half hours in Whole Foods. Need I say more?

We did sit down for some Suppa while we were in there though..





Before calling it a night and attempting to stay up for a movie I made myself some Oatbran.


Straight up Oatbran with some Nature's Hollow Honey, which I found at Whole Foods by the way. YAY.

I'm so happy to be here and finally have a kitchen and some wheels again. Tomorrow i'll post all the goodies I've bought so far and some AZ pictures.

5 comments:

  1. I had the exact same reaction to coffee about a month ago!! I had completely given up coffee for more than 7 months but decided that I wanted to drink some again (I don't really need the caffeine but I love the taste of coffee). I couldn't function the entire day - my heart rate was elevated, my head was spinning, and I definitely had a heightened sense of awareness the entire day - and not really in a good way either! I felt soooo wired. But since then, I've been trying to ease back into coffee a bit, with a few sips here and there - mainly decaf... the taste is too good to give up! I'm really enjoying drinking coffee again, but the first cup was definitely not a walk in the park... (totally worth it afterwards though! such a great treat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how almost all ur meals featured were take-outs yet were incredibly healthy. it proves that u can eat out and eat quickly yet still eat nutritious and healthy foods. loved this post so much! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, thats how i felt walking into whole foods for the first time... dazed, confused, and SO FREAKING EXCITED!
    i just wish my paycheck was even close to the amount i spend there. oops ! :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you are awesome at getting what you want when you go out to a restaurant. I should really pick up this tip and use it to create my own meals when i am out!

    i am always so dazed when i go to WF's because everything is so neat, nice, and beautiful looking in there.. seriously.. it is like the museum of grocery stores.

    glad you are having fun with your gorgeous boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUURRVE oatbran!! time in whole foods just sorta passes by and before you know it, 2 hours can go by n the snap of a finger! esp if you eat there too! it is the most glorious place!!

    hahah I love that you made up your own meal, I have done that so manh times before...just sub everything and it comes just the way i want it!

    glad you had a nice time at the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete