Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mature for my Age

Birthday Breakfast


1/3 Cup Oatbran, 2/3 Cup Water, 1/4 Cup Egg Whites, Cinnamon, 1 Tbsp Naturally More PB and Joseph's Natural Maple Syrup with a side of Birthday Cards and enough money to buy the dresses my Man doesn't like. PERFECT.

I sat down to eat my bran and was SO excited to learn that THE FLINTSTONE MOVIE was JUST about to start on my beloved Family Channel. YES, I think I loved that movie more than any other kid. I grew up dreaming about one day owning a house in bedrock and turning heads in my white cloth dress. I also tried to coerce my parents into taking me to Mcd's on a daily basis so I collect all the Flintstone Happy Meal toys. My mom was a stickler when it came to eating McDonalds, she was ahead of her time and Supersize Me, so collecting all my toys entailed busting into my piggy bank and a few bike riding journeys. A bicycle is not recognized as a vehicle in the drive thru by the way.



After spending the majority of the morning watching Fred rise and fall in the corporate world of Slate and Company my Man and I decided to hit up a Mall. Shocking, no? Before heading out I snacked on half a Nature's Own Sandwich Thin with Naturally More PB.


Why can't we get these in Canada?

My Chauffeur



I have yet to post a picture of the front of my Parents beautiful house...



The view from the end of the street..



And i'm expected to leave here in 4 days? Pfff.. I'll tell my Man to tell everyone one of the super skinnny big boobed Real Housewives of Scottsdale ate me.

Since it was my Birthday I celebrated with a HUGASS pop, or as the lady at the movie theatre called it, a SODA.



I also made my Man watch me for a half hour on a park swing. I think I walked away with 3rd degree burns on my butt, AZ should consider shaded swings.



We shopped around the Mall for a bit and quickly realized it sucked. What sucked even more though was the food court, I had to settle for Subway. I'm not sure what was worse, waiting in the Subway line that didn't move or half the bottle of Sweet Onion dressing the "Sandwich Artist" dumped on my Sub. I mean I like Sweet Onion Sauce but not THAT much. At one point in line I thought I was going to cry. My half Man was already half way through his greasy Japanese lunch and I was still 5 people away from ordering. I'm so mature for my 24 year old age.


Sweet Onion Dressing with a side of 6 Inch 9 Grain Wheat Bread, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Pickles, Green Peppers, Black Olive and Mustard.

My stomach had felt a little uneasy before I ate my lunch and one bite into it my stomach blew up like a balloon. I finished the sub anyway but by the time we got up I could barely walk I was so uncomfortable. Damn it, I thought to myself. My stomach started feeling weird the same day I cracked open my Joseph's Maple Syrup. I've read about the effects of Maltitol but now I was pretty sure I was feeling them. Noooooo, I LOVE my sugar alcohol laced syrup.

We left the mall and stopped at Walgreens on the way home. I belined it for digestion section and quickly ripped open a pack of Extra Strength GasX and inhaled 2. The package said not to exceed 4 in 24 hours and I figured I shouldn't eat 4 incase I needed more later. I planned on getting REAL uncomfortable at my birthday dinner. I found my Man reading Men's Health in the magazine aisle, so naturally I joined him and picked up the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. I have a girl crush on Brookly Decker. I also don't recommend reading this issue bloated on your birthday.

When we got home I layed on the floor for a while and then decided to get all dolled up for a supper date, we were going to Sapporo's and I could NOT wait.











We started with some Sushi. You know what they say, when in Scottsdale eat the Scottsdale Roll.



x2


Both rolls had 8 pieces but I was always a little late on the picture taking.

Then we had some Tempura Asparagus dipped in what I can only assume was flavored Mayo. I devoured these.



To be adventurous and different we both ordered the Terryaki Salmon with Asparagus and Basmati Coconut Rice.


I also had a glass of White Wine with my Dinner because at 24 casual drinks are a must.

When we finished that feast I felt like I was going to burst out of my dress, literally. What little give the dress had when I sat down was now gone and I could barely move. After complaining how full I was I suggested we stop at Wholy Foods for some dessert. They had some Peanut Butter Chocolates I'd been eyeing up and waiting until my Birthday to have.





Drunk off my one glass of wine, here I am taking self portraits in the Wholy Foods Bathroom.



My Man got their signature Turtle and I got a Peanut Butter Chocolate Egg.



SO excited to eat it.



I took ONE bite and was quickly filled with dissapointment and anger. It was FUDGE not PEANUT BUTTER. "Ugh, what?! This NOT Peanut Butter! It's fudge. I don't even like Fudge. I only like chocolate when it's with Peanut Butter." I shouted. At this point we were already in the car and my Man tried to make me feel better by saying I could get a PB one tomorrow. All I was thinking though was, ya but my Birthday is today. Between Subway and my Chocolate I think God was trying to test my maturity level and I knew I was failing miserably. I decided to suck it up and make myself feel better with Peanut Butter Oatbran when I got home.

As I busted out the pot my Man looked at me like I was crazy, "You're eating Oatbran now? After ALL that?" "Mmm Hmmm I said, I need dessert." I said matter of factly. "It's my cake."


1/3 Cup Oatbran, 2/3 Cup Water, 1 Tbsp Naturally More, Non Stomach ache giving Nature's Hollow Honey and 2 more Extra Strength Gasx.

Now you think I would have been done there but I wasn't. We watched Keeping Up with The Kardashians and I had another Nature's Path Sandwich Thin with PB before bed.



I may or may not have woke up for half a Banana with PB too.



What? it was my Birthday.

9 comments:

  1. Hot damn girl, you look amazing for your bday date!! And that dinner looks absoutely amazing, any time you eat sushi, salmon and tempura veggies at one meal you're pretty much in heaven. Enjoy the rest of your vacay, I won't tell anyone if you decide to stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayyyy, you do look amazing! gasX works like a charm. i'm glad you were able to enjoy your birthday dinner with your boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like the best birthday ever. i especially love the swings (and now think i should go find some for myself).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And I hear ya on not being able to get the sandwich thins in Canada. I'd stay in Scottsdale if I were you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful birthday it looks like you had!!! Your parents house is beautiful!!!!!!

    Love the dress, you looked so hot!!!!

    Yummy sushi!!! Love it!!

    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that dress and you look great in it!

    Glad you had a great birthday and didn't let your soaked sandwich or mislabeled wf dessert ruin it! PB is a must... glad you got it in lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated birthday beautiful girl!! love that sushi action and LOVE that dress! you look suppper cute!!!
    hahah i think what would be worse is the half bottle of sweet onion dressing they put on your sub! I always tell them to have a side of sauce or whatever it is because they DOUS it, no matter what fast food joint it is! always ask on teh side!!

    oatbran is the best cake ever! :) ok not ever, but it does a great job giving into that sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha love that you call it Pop.. I've always called it soda, so it's funny to hear that =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer about the fudge & NOT peanut butter- I'm with ya on the must have peanut butter with chocolate :)
    Love your dress- super cute!! & your meal looks really good too :)

    ReplyDelete