Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hidden Cops

Since I had a headache Sunday night (ALL through the night) I decided to shut my alarm off and pretend like nothing happened. I slept in until 7 and then rolled out bed for a shower. No gym. I heard a saying the other day, “Working hard pays off in the long run, but lazy pays off now”. Touche, touche. I carved out some me time first thing in the morning. Unfortunately for the Company “me time” cuts into work time.

Me time = Cookie time



Since the bosses were due back from vacation last night I spent the day trying to tie up all my loose ends. Loose ends being all the jobs I'd started but hadn’t finished yet. I know once my Mom gets back I'll have no choice but to designate all my time to fixing whatever mistakes my she’s likely to find. Good times ahead.

Before I knew it, it was LUNCH


4 Egg Whites and an Amy’s Veg Burger atop a pile of Kale Chips. I did the Kale chips the usual way, freshly squeezed Lemon, Salt and Nutritional Yeast.

As my Man and I were driving back to work we saw 3 different people pulled over by 3 different cops on the other side of the ring road (main road in my city, speed? 100). THANK god they we hadn’t left for lunch any later or that would have been me. As we kept driving we saw the hidden cop with his radar hiding behind the middle of the underpass with 2 more cop cars lurking in the ditch waiting for speeders. We continued to drive and I felt so helpless as we watched all the unknowing vehicles heading towards the TRAP. That’s when my Man blurted out a few words of wisdom, “the only thing you CAN do is call the radio station.” BINGO. I called. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one to inform them of this little piece of info, but I felt like i'd done my part.

I’m notorious for speeding tickets; in fact I got my first speeding ticket one week after having my license. It was all downhill from there.. School zone speeding tickets, highway speeding tickets, fire lane parking tickets, red light tickets, other city tickets (you don’t have to pay those).. The red light ticket was the worst. I never get mail so when my Mom got home and announced that there was a letter for me I was SO excited. I immediately tore it open only to find a letter telling me I had to pay 300 dollars for running a red light. “What? This is outrageous. I’ve NEVER ran a red light, NEVER.” I flipped it to the next page and there I was. It was unmistakable. A picture of my little ford escort and through the window was one big blonde head. Damn it.

Anyway, back to food..

My afternoon snack was, you guessed it, SLUDGE


1 Tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 and ½ Tbsp Almond Milk and 1 Scoop Protein Powder. This stuff is RICH, I’m sure I’ll get sick of it sooner rather than later.

I packed my gym stuff and changed into it around 4:00. I did this so I would HAVE to go to the gym. Let me tell you, you’ll feel awfully stupid spending the rest of the night in your gym clothes without having gone to the gym. I did Ride AGAIN. It’s easy on the mind. It’s a quick hour at the gym and you leave feeling like you worked as hard as you could. No little voices telling me I’m a slacker. Damn those truthful voices, they're always calling me out. When Ride class was over I did two exercises for chest. I was lazy and in the words of Boys Like Girls "two is better than one".

Since my Sister's been in Phoenix and the weather has been well below my walking comfort zone Bailey hasn't gone on a stroll in over 5 days. When I got home from the gym I decided the two of us would saunter out for a while. 15 minutes later I was back and ready for supper.

Salmon Burger and Fries


Salmon Burger, Pickle, Ketchup, Mustard and Sweet Potato Chilli Powder Fries.

I got into everything after supper. I stuck my hand in some cereal, crackers, granola etc. I even tried putting hummus and jelly on the same cracker. I was feeling adventurous.

I also had the TOP of this, yes the top


With some Better Buttah. I just wanted the best part okay.

If my Kitchen had a lock i'd have locked myself out. Nothing I tried was hitting the spot. I even made my breakfast cookie early so I could eat the 1/4 of a Banana that goes into my mouth instead of the cookie. That's the best part about that process. Later, I distracted myself with some TV. I watched MERCY.

Ohhh snap the main character Veronica's got more issues than Playboy, just the way I like it. And this season Dawson made his way from the creek to Mercy Hospital. He plays an A**hole and I like it. Pack up your boat, you can stay.

A little later in the evening I threw a party in the kitchen. Guests? one.

PUMP(ernickle) up the MUSIC


TWO pieces of pumpernickle with honey and Peanut Butter and Almond Butter. I alternated between the two. I also had a WHOLE Banana, which makes this picture inaccurate.

I shut'er down around 9:00 (it was a wild one) for fear the neighbors might call the cops and went to bed. I later woke up (of course) to the sound of rain. I made my way BACK to the Kitchen for one of THESE



I told you someone should have locked my non-existant kitchen door. Eating is just so FUN. Note to self: NEED more Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB ASAP, being all out is NOT cool.

10 comments:

  1. It may not be the best use of calories, but I COMPLETELY agree that those times when you eat a little bit of a lot of things (or a lot of a lot of things) are some of the best "meals."
    And yes, I once tired roasted eggplant hummus on a banana. Not my best idea, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I just wanted to say I love your blog! Thanks to PeanutButter&Jenny! Almost every morning I read your blog while eating my breakfast cookie too! It makes my morning every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG DAWSON!!!!! I MISS THAT SHOW!! I always feel like such a nerd talking about it though...rocked my socks off in middle school.

    I've never gotten a ticket. I got pulled over once for making a left turn on red, but just acted like I was an idiot and didn't know that was a law. Sweet talking with a cop, woo :)

    Hope you have a great day gorgeous girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawson, an A hole? inteteresting! I was always a Pacey fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh girl I am so stocked on the PB I won it from someones giveaway and to be honest its not my fav flavor (the cinnamon roll) I would love to do a switcharoo!! is there anything you have that you are not loving? maybe we can send eachother presennntssss!!

    good thing you didn't get pulled over!

    yum kale chips!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... oh speeding tickets.. i once got one in a construction zone that was a hefty ticket let me tell you ew... thankfully my parents paid and i could/did take a class as a form of diversion to clear the ticket from my record and lower the cost.

    way to call the radio station.. such a good citizen looking out for others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girly!
    Your "sludge" looks so good haha I just bought some almond milk so I definitely want to try it. What kind of PP do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh- another HILARIOUS post!!!! You are so funny :) -- 'party in the kitchen. guests? ONE!!" hahathank you for the laughs- as always!!
    also, I didn't know you didn't have to pay tickets in other cities- that some good info :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. pump pump pumpernickle it up.. lol wow.. ur freaking funny girl! damn tho pumpernickle is dark.. totally thought u burnt some toast or soemthing.. lol. silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl I need to try the Pumpernickel bread you always eat! Where do u buy it?? Loving your blog btw, your adorable.. always keeping me laughing! =

    ReplyDelete