Monday, May 17, 2010

Top 10

I woke up yesterday morning made my Oatbran, some coffee and planted myself on the couch. My chest was still a little burnt from the day before so I figured I should probably take a break from the desert sun. My hair color doesn't go well with a red complexion.

Loaded Oatbran


1/3 Cup Oatbran, 2/3 Cup Water, 1/4 Cup Egg Whites, Cinnamon, Nature's Hollow Honey and 1 Tbsp Naturally More Peanut Butter.

My Man and I lounged around a bit before he finally took charge and said it was time for the gym. I was dreading it in a MAYjah way and told him that i'd come but if I got tired I was leaving and going to Walmart and Whole Foods. Not only was I extra lazy but it was also "legs day" and all I could think about were the lunges he would make me do. "Is that weight heavy enough? That looked easy. It's not supposed to be easy."

I started out with some Squats and then decided to go to lunges in the girls room, problem solved. I held 17.5 Dumbbells in each hand and that was definitely enough for me. So there I was in the ladies room, wheezing as I did my alternating lunges when all of a sudden someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around half expecting it to be my Man telling me to use the 22 pound dumbbells but instead it was a lady i'd never seen before. She introduced herself and told me she was a professional Matchmaker. Get out of town, I'm actually good friends with a Matchmaker I thought. No wait, that's Patti and I don't ACTUALLY know her.

Anyway, she told me she saw me walk in with a gentleman and wanted to know if that was my Boyfriend. Is this a trick question? Incase this was a set up and my Man was testing me I said yes. JUST kidding, I said yes because I love him. She proceeded to tell me that her top client is an Attorney in Scottsdale and that I would be perfect for him. She told me I was everything he was looking for, tall, blonde, athletic (are you blind?), beautiful. Luckily she stopped there before my head exploded. I declined her offer and told her I was doing her a favor. I doubt an Attorney and I would have much in common. Although, I would have some interesting topics to discuss with him, like how i've noticed that the circular, winding freeways here are not very condusive for drunk driving or that the traffic speed cameras are a violation of privacy. Next she asked me if I had any friends that looked like me. I told her I had a gorgeous friend Mel who would be willing to relocate if necessary. Unfortunately she said Canada was a little too far for a first date.

After that lady spent 10 minutes pumping my tires I was all jacked up and ready to pump some iron. I surprised myself and ended up staying MOST of the time. I did all the exercises on my Man's "LIST", only I did them a lot faster than he did. He uses such heavy weight that he takes really long (boring) of breaks. I left him at the gym and headed to Walmart while he finished up. I picked up some more Naturally More Peanut Butter and Sandwich Thins and then hit up Wholy Foods for some hummus, fruit and water. It was my first time driving the navigator and I forgot to take note of where I had parked. When I came out of Walmart I tried to get into 5 different Navigators before finding mine. Okay, 2 were Escapes and one was a Chevy but they were all gold and looked very similar.

I got back to Golds



And tried out my new Thomas Sandwich thins and Hummus.


I behind the times. I've never dipped bread in Hummus and now I KNOW i've been missing out.

Then I busted out the fruit.



I decided to take my fruit outside and lean against a iight post and tan. There I was eating my fruit, minding my own business when a cop who had just been dealing with what appeared to be a little fender bender in the parking lot walked up. "Excuse Mam is everything okay?" he asked. "Yup, I'm tanning. How's everything with you?" I asked him. "Good. I just wanted to check and make sure you were okay."

We got home and made some lunch. I couldn't wait to use THESE


Tofu Shiritake Noodles. 40 Calories and 4 Grams of fibre in the WHOLE bag.

Fettucini Alfredo


5 Quorn Balls cut up, 2 Tbsp Garden Veggie Hummus, Salt, Pepper and Noodles.

After lunch we decided to venture out to the outlet mall by Flagstaff. It had some decent stores like BCBG, J Crew, Under Armor (for my Man) AND a Yogurt Bar.

His and Hers Frozen Yogurt


I got Cookies and Cream and loaded it up with REEESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS.

I continue to try and ignore the fact that everytime I eat frozen yogurt I get the WORST stomach ache. Yesterday it was the worst one yet, so maybe just maybe i've learned my lesson. Probably not though. I also learned that you should never shop with greasy hair. Nothing looks cute when you're greasy AND after one too many over the head try on's greasy quickly escalates to whole new level.

On the way home from the Outlets we stopped at Whole Foods so my Man could pick up a protein, while he was doing that I was reading THIS


It's a list of the top 10 green veggies and top 10 colored veggies based on nutritional value like minerals, vitamins etc. BUTTERNUT SQUASH made the number 10 spot, YES.

When we got home a little bit of this took place..



And then some Kale Chip action..


Kale, Lemon Juice, Salt and Nutritional Yeast.

Next on the menu, 3 Balls



And more loaded Oatbran


1/3 Cup Oatbran, 2/3 Cup Water, 1/4 Cup Egg Whites, Cinnamon, Nature's Hollow Honey and 1 Tbsp Naturally More Peanut Butter.

We spent the rest of night watching the last 10 minutes of Miss USA (so sad I missed the whole thing) and two new episodes of Kendra.

I woke up at 2:00 and had these AGAIN




Both with Naturally More Peanut Butter of course.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love the matchmaking story. You're a dime, girl. I hope you let your man know all about your potential date with an attorney...maybe he'd give you a foot massage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sandwich thins dipped in hummus was pretty much all i ate these past few months. so yummy and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg the matchmaking story made me laugh! ur the best, u always handle urself so well and say the best things!

    sorry about the frozen yogurt tummy aches! thats really interesting... but is frustrating too cuz froyo is SO GOOD! sometimes some food are worth the stomach distress lol :)

    love the loaded oatbran too! super packed with lots of love and goodness <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love the match maker story! I hope you told your BF and made him super jealous! :P

    Every time I read about you and your man working out together, I get so jealous! Come over her and make my BF be less lazy please?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The comment to the cop was HILARIOUS!! Wish I could of been a fly on the fly @ that moment :) (or should I say a fly in the air- ha!- since you were outside)

    ReplyDelete