Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Horny Toad

We woke up extra early yesterday morning with plans of hitting the gym and heading straight out to the Wet'n'Wild Water Park for a day in the sun. First I fueled up with some Loaded Oatbran.


1/3 Cup Oatbran, 2/3 Cup Water, 1/4 Cup Egg Whites, Cinnamon, Joseph's Maple Syrup and 1 Tbsp Naturally More Peanut Butter.

We stopped at Walmart on the way to the gym to pick up a cooler (to stuff our lunches in) and some waterproof mascara. I don't care what anyone says there's one thing I hate going without and that is mascara. Unfortunately, I was born with clear eyelashes so mascara is a must.

We got to the gym right on schedule and did shoulders. I always find it odd that he calls this day shoulders when we also do biceps and triceps. It's misleading and always ends in dissapointment. Anyway, it went by surprisingly quick and next thing I knew we were driving out to the WATER PARK.

I snacked on THIS during the ride



The Water Park ended up being conveniently located within blocks of the Phoenix Jail. Seems fitting. Now when convicted felons escape they have a place to cool off on the run and pick up their next victim. As we pulled up to the park we started noticing that EVERY ride was lined up with approximately 100 kids each. What? Don't kids go to school in Phoenix? After casing the situation we realized that this probably wasn't going to be fun. I didn't want to wait an hour per slide and my Man didn't "want to have to face push any little kids." There went my chances of heading home with a tan.

My Man suggested we find the football Stadium and I said yes because peering through the gates of a closed up football stadium is WAY more fun then getting wet'n'wild. I cheered myself up by eating THIS


Sandwich Thin and Garden Vegetable Hummus.

I also crushed back 2 of these



By the time we got to the Stadium I had to PEE



My Man wanted to wonder around the outside of the Stadium, take pictures and check out the store. I knew that if I didn't pee there were going to be serious medical repercusions after my bladder burst so I told him it was a life or death emergency. He kept asking me why I had to drink both of those Life Waters, but I figured boredom wasn't the best answer. Shortly after we spotted a purple outhouse at the end of one of the mile long parking lots, perfect. We pulled right up only to find that it was locked. Nooooooo. I had no choice, I would have to pee behind the outhouse. This was not a deserted location but there I was squating behind the purple outhouse like the classy girl I am. It's only classy when your drunk. What a day I thought to myself, not exactly the "wet'n'wild" I was hoping for.

We checked out the rest of the stadium and I took a few pictures of my
Man in his glory before heading back home for lunch.



We were just about home when I finally spotted a BUSH BUNNY. No i'm not referring to type of Playboy Playmate, it's a cute little bunny that lives in the desert. If it hadn't been running across the street I would have snapped a 10 pictures of it.

LUNCH - Fettucini Alfredo


4 Quorn Balls, 2 Tbsp Garden Veggie Hummus, Salt and Tofu Shiritake Noodles. I should send a letter to Dad's requesting that by the time I get home on Thursday they'll have these noodles in stock.

As soon as I finished my lunch I was craving something sweet so I decided to pour some Sugar Free Maple Syrup into THIS Almost Empty Pb Jar and eat it with a spoon.



Apparently 3-4 Tbsp of Pb wasn't enough to fill the void so I had the rest of the Honey Dew too



We spent the rest of afternoon laying in bed and watching a marathon of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I was in heaven. Around 5 o'clock I dragged myself out of bed and got ready for supper. My parents friends who own houses down here were taking my Man and I out for my Birthday. We arrived at Marty's place for a pre supper drink (I had a Vodka diet) with him and his buddy and he asked if we cared if we ate healthy or not. Obviously I said, "Nope, not at all" as my Man laughed to himself. "Great, we're going to this little hole in the wall and they serve the BEST fried chicken," he said. Once the other couple arrived we hung out for a while longer and then piled in one vehicle and headed to the restaurant.

The Horny Toad





The restaurant even had a gift shop. I liked this Tiger Woods shirt..



The bathroom was very impressive as well..


I wanted to show you my tan, it's called off white.

I left a note on the Chalk Board..



I ordered the Cod with Veggies and Mash Potatoes and it was delicious. After Supper we went over to the Brian and Carol's place for a nightcap in they're BEAUTIFUL backyard. A pyro's dream...





My Man and I had the BEST time. Is it odd that we hung our with four 50 something year old adults and fit right in? They were hilarious and watching the Brian and Carol interact was like a sneak peak into our future. The moment I knew they were us in 30 years was on the drive to the Horny Toad. Marty had pointed out 2 metal mexican statues just as Brian was turning the corner. Well, Brian decided to turn and oogle the statues instead of watching the road turning into on coming traffic on the wrong side of the boulevard. As Carol screamed Brian swerved back over nearly missing the boulder situated right in the middle. Now here's the part that made me laugh. Brian turns to Carol and says, "Holy RELAX Carol," as if she had completely over reacted and she hadn't just saved him from crashing the vehicle. We got home at the crazy hour of 10:30 and regardless of being full (when has that ever stopped me) I had some Loaded Oatbran.


1/3 Cup Oatbran, 2/3 Cup Water, 1/4 Cup Egg Whites, Cinnamon, Joseph's Maple Syrup and 1 Tbsp Naturally More Peanut Butter

I inhaled this and then passed out seconds later.

7 comments:

  1. haha ur man is such a stud huh! guys and theyre muscles! hehe

    o thats sounds like quite the adventure.. i wouldve had such a great time too! lol the tiger woods shirt...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off white is tanner than what I am right now if it makes you feel any better!! I love how much Naturally More you've gone through on this trip...girl after my own heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find your blog so amusing. I can't help but read it. :D

    I like reading about your Pheonix/Scottsdale adventures... my parents have a house in Scottsdale that they rent out now, year-round so I haven't been down there in a while but I lurve it there so much (minus the real housewives of scottsdale lol :P)

    Yes sandwhich thins, tofu noodles, wholy foods= american essentials!! Are you from Canada?? Where 'bouts??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I wanted to show you my tan, it's called off white. "
    hahahha SAME. HERE.
    all my friends go tanning at the salons and make fun of me for being pale.
    at least I wont be wrinkly and i'll have healthier skin! (altho, I digress, im jealous of thier non-milk colored skin!!)
    xoxoLisa
    ooh- p.s.!! I reviewed a soy nut butter from Canada and TOTALLY thought of you! haha it claimed to "taste just like peanut butter" (it didn't) but it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i wish i had an off white tan! i am currently referring to myself as Snow White. It is true. I am so white haha and probably will be all summer :o( Growing up can sometimes be sad.

    Love those tofu noodles. I seriously can only find them at the Hyvee here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha the horny toad! great name!! love the bathroom too! it looks like a wood cabin in there!! you MUST try CARBA NADA noodles...google it and find ityou can order it from the website www.netrition.com its SO good! it has a REAL pasta taste and texture but packed with protein, fiber and low in carbs...seriously its 10 times better than those slimey shiritaki noodles!!

    those sobe life waters are DARN good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's the difference between oatbran and oatmeal?!

    ReplyDelete