Saturday, May 22, 2010

Waves

Post Vacay Depression: Post Vacay Depression usually occurs the morning after arriving home from a hot vacation. It's the exact opposite feeling of waking up hungover unsure of where you are, only to realize you are laying on your basement floor. Instead of THAT feeling of relief, you wake up immediately knowing where you are and feeling a sense of dread.

No I didn't wake up, make my Oatbran and sit down for breakfast with Corey and Topanga. Instead, I rolled out of bed, didn't shower, grabbed my Breakfast Cookie and headed to work. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a LITTLE bit excited to reunite with this #1 breakfast but that was about the extent of my happiness.


1/3 Cup of Oatmeal, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 3/4 Smashed Banana, 2 Tbsp Almond Milk, Cinnamon and 1 Tsp Maca Powder.

The morning flew by as I tried to navigate my way through the pile of Visa reconciliations on my desk. However, for the most part my fabulous Sister did an amazing job of keeping up with my work. She's a freak of nature. How someone is born with her work ethic, baking/cooking abilities, organization skills and maturity is beyond me. Apparently I repelled those genes.

When my Man and I got home we for lunch we experienced our second wave of Post Vacay Depression. Yes, just like Feminism, it happens in waves.

Second Wave: Second Wave Post Vacay Depression is usually experienced when walking into ones home in broad daylight after leaving it unattended for 2 weeks. In very extreme cases, when the house hadn't been cleaned weeks prior to the Vacation, daylight shines light to things that no one should ever have to see or experience.

As my Man looked for his Mental Calmness Vitamins, I searched high and low for something to eat for lunch. I had picked up Kale at the grocery store last night obviously under the impression that this would suffice a meal?! I only had two options.. SO I combined them.


Weird Kale Chips that may or may not have been some type of regular Lettuce, cooked at 350 degrees with Lemon Juice, Salt and Nutritional Yeast AND 6 Egg Whites on top.

I got back to work and immediately searched house cleaners in the online yellow pages. Unfortunately, there were none filed under emergency. Looks like I would be cleaning the disaster myself. I needed a stiff one of these, GASP.



I'm heading toward my downward spiral back into the land of "I'm just going to have ONE". One turns into two, two turns into three, three turns into blackout, aspartame turns into disease, etc..

When my Man and I got home we decided to tackle the condo castle and try to make it liveable. We started by disinfecting the Kitchen top to bottom, vacuuming, dusting, trying to magic erase the WHITE cupboards so they might look white again. In the middle of all the cleaning we decided on the perfect use for our spare bedroom. We would now store all the random things laying around the condo in that room. The room is now filled with clothing, suitcases, baskets of purses etc. It made perfect sense in my mind. Might as well keep the mess to just one room.

After all that cleaning we hit up Superstore for some much NEEDED groceries. I picked up the usuals, Pumpernickle bread, Hummus, Butternut Squash, Spaghetti Squash, Bananas and Broccoli. By the time we were done I was ready for supper. I decided to attempt something similar to my fettucini Alfredo...

Low Budge Fettucini Alfredo


1/2 Cup TVP, one package Miracle Noodles, 2 Tbsp White Bean Hummus, Shiritake Mushrooms, Salt and Pepper.

Superstore White Bean Hummus



Third Wave: Third Wave Post Vacay Depression occurs when one tries and fails to recreate a meal they loved while on Vacation.

I spent the rest of the night laying on the couch talking with Mel on the phone. Before calling it a night and heading to bed I had a SNACK.

Pumpernickle Bread


I busted out my Naturally More PB and slathered it on a piece. SO good. You can always count on old friends in times of despair.

11 o'clock, lights out.

3 comments:

  1. We have an entire "junk floor" of our house. Actually...make that three. Basement, third floor and attic. Can you tell my mom is a pack rat? Anyhoo, coming home from vacay is always depressing, but at least you have Naturally More to ease the pain :) Have a great weekend love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could relate to that post vacation occurance..but ive never been anywhere warm. but when i finally do get to, i'll let you know if i feel it hehe... unless i go there and decide never to come back to canada haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, yea the "after-the-fact" vacation usually stinks, but think of all the good your coming back to! and thats what makes vacations all the more worth it :)
    cheer up!! :) !!
    xox

    ReplyDelete