1/3 Cup Oatbran, 2/3 Cups Water, 1/4 Cup Egg Whites, Cinnamon, Nature's Hollow Honey and 1 Tbsp Naturally More PB.
After breakfast my Man and I got our things together and headed towards Pinnacle Peak. Today was the day we were going to tackle the hike. I was excited for the views I knew we were going to see and the sun I was going to get but i'd be lying if I said I was excited for the hike. The moment we started the treck I knew I was in for it. The worst part about the trail is that it doesn't wrap around. You walk to the end and then have to turn around and walk all the way back. My Man was practically skipping up the mountain and I was trailing behind. The first 1/2 hour wasn't too bad. My Man kept asking me if I wanted to turn around yet. In my head I was thinking, uhh YEAH I wanted to turn around before we even started but what I said was, "Nope, lets keep going." I wanted to be the athletic fun girlfriend.
What a Stud
It finally got to the point where we were practically at the end and it looked like we weren't going to see anything else exciting so we turned around. That's when IT happened, UPHILL. I had not realized that the majority of the walk so far (mostly on the second side) had been on a steep downward slope. I thought I was going to die. I wanted more than anything to sit down right in the middle of the trail and shout out "I quit". Unfortunately, I knew that would look REALLY bad in the athletic "fun" girlfriend department. I wheezed my way up while my Man RAN ahead of me. He literally RAN up the mountain smiling and greeting all the hikers heading in the opposite direction. As I passed them I wanted to warn them, tell them to stop and turn around before it's too late.
At some point I did make friends with another hiker. He was from Chicago, here on business. He told me about another trail he thought I might like. Obviously, he didn't know me very well. "It's MUCH harder than this one, you're practically climbing to the top. You would need to wear something other than that," he said as he looked at my bathing suit top and abercrombie sweat shorts. What this isn't "hiking" gear? I'm tanning here. Anyway, it sounded like something right up my Man's alley but for fear that he might make me do it I figured it was best that I let that one go in one ear and out the other. What trail?
One good thing came out of the hike, I managed to get some glamour shots of my dream houses. Now i'll have something to send the contractor so he can start up my drawings. Sure i'll have to break open the piggy bank but I think it's manageable.
We stopped at the grocery store on the way home because my Man and I both agreed that I deserved a pop after that. Luckily, I thought long and hard about my road to recovery and talked myself out of a diet pepsi and into some watermelon. You know what they say, all it takes is one drink.
Lunch was something else I deserved, BUTTERNUT SQUASH FRIES
Bnut Fries, Egg Whites, Chilli Powder everywhere and some Ketchup. I don't love Annie's Ketchup, if it wouldn't cost me another 5 bucks I'd have bought a different kind by now. I don't think it's sweet enough for my liking.
After lunch we headed to ANOTHER mall. This one was an outdoor mall with lululemon and a Frozen Yogurt place my sister told us about. I picked up an Ice Coffee with Soy Milk and Caramel on the way in.
We started in Macy's where I found two dresses I loved. However, I tried them on for the second time for my Man only to have him tell me he didn't really like them. This is a typical occurence when we shop. We barely ever have the same taste in clothing when it comes to me. As usual, he said he didn't love them because they were kind of baggy (aka fashiony to me) and I got mad that he didn't like them. He tried to explain himself by listing all of the dresses I already have that he loves and this made me more mad because "they're dresses I ALREADY have". I wanted new ones. Frusterated he said, "Fine, I'm not even going to tell you when I don't like something you try on." Good, I thought to myself. Then he proceeded to announce, "I NEED frozen yogurt, you're stressing me out."
My Creation
White Boy Vanilla Yogurt, Graham Cracker Crumbs, Peanut Butter Chips and a piece of every chocolate bar they had.
We headed from the outdoor mall to Fashion Square Mall shortly after and didn't end up getting home until 9:00 o'clock. We were both really hungry and I couldn't wait for a REAL supper so instead I heated up 5 Balls...
And some Oatbran
1/3 Cup Oatbran, 2/3 Cup Water, 1/4 Cup Egg Whites, Cinnamon, NEW Maple Syrup and 1 Tbsp Naturally More PB.
Joseph's Gluten Free All Natural Maple Flavor Sugar Free Syrup
Yum.
We decided to scrap Angels and Demons and rented Edge of Darkness hoping we'd have better luck with it. We made it 20 minutes deep before both falling asleep. I woke up and asked if we could make our way to bed, "yup".
I'm starting to feel more comfortable in this big scary house soooooooo I woke up for half a Banana and half a each with PB.
Battered and Bruised
Sucha busy countertop.
lol that was so funny about the dresses! o well.. guys just dont understand...
ReplyDeletewhat an amazing hike! i totally love that its so warm u can wear a lil bandeau top and shorts! u look GREAT! xoxo
ahhhh you're making me want fro yo again!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like an amazing hike! You look so pretty in that pic. I think its great that you kept going even though in your head you just wanted to turn around lol.
ReplyDeleteyou have an amazing body!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are having an amazing time! I might have missed it, but are you guys visiting family? Those houses are amazing btw!
ReplyDelete