Monday, May 24, 2010

Horseback

Get FIRED UP!! Tonight is the beginning of BACHELORETTE MONDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up yesterday morning and MADE coffee. I found a tin in the depths of one my unused cupboards. Apparently, it had been missed in my pantry raid. I also grabbed THIS out of the fridge and headed to the ______. Fill in the blank, where do I like to spend most of my time? The COUCH.



I enjoyed this while watching my Tivo'd episode of Millionaire Matchmaker. Patti was trying to convince some A**hole that chivalry isn't dead.

Eventually I headed to the gym which by the way was SO hard to do. I haven't gone in what? 4 days? In the past if I ever skipped 4 days at the gym that usually meant my 2 week gym run was over. It's a new me. Anyway, I did legs the way my Man had shown me in AZ. I did the Smith Machine, lunges, Leg Press, ummm those are the only names I know. I also did Calf raises on the seated machine. I mention this because I want to direct your attention to a very awkward moment I encountered.

I was in the "boys room" doing my thing along with one other guy who was also working on his legs. Now there are two Calf Machines in this room and positioned RIGHT beside eachother. After my first rep this guy decided to hop on the Calf Machine next to me. Apparently, his mom didn't teach him about personal space. Nor did the mother of person who placed the machines this way. I also have to make note of the fact that the seated Calf Raise means you're lifting your designated weight as well as your body weight while you straddle the seat. In turn your whole body moves up and down as you raise your heels. There we were side by side bouncing up and down, I felt like we were riding horseback down a beach. So romantic.



On the way home from the gym I hit up Safeway to pick up a Butternut Squash and Maranatha Peanut Butter (with salt, FYI). I found the PB but Bnut Squash was NO where to be found. How dare they, this grocery store is supposed to be FULLY stocked. I stopped in at superstore and grabbed TWO there, what a pain. Of course the checkout lines were out of hand, it normally plays out this way anytime i'm in a rush. Yesterday I was in a rush to eat. I hate when they're all ridiculously lined up and it's up to me to choose which one I attach myself too. I always pick the slowest line.. ALWAYS.. Yesterday was no exception. The line was moving about as fast as my Grandpa drives, I call this speed "Stand Still". I thought about fudging the line and stealing the squashes more times than I care to mention.

On my way out to the car I was seriously injured when I was hit in the knee with THIS


The Bnut Squash stem punctured the bag and stabbed me RIGHT in the Knee, I limped the rest of the way. I figure this was karma for unpure thoughts of theft.

I got home and immediately, peeled, cut and threw my fries into the oven. While they were cooking I participated in my favorite pass time, stirring NEW Peanut Butter Jars.


Activities included licking the inside of the lid and licking the knife clean every few stirs. It's all about cleanliness.

Then dove into THESE


Side of Ketchup x4

Sometime mid-afternoon I found myself sitting alone at the table with a knife and these two jars of Peanut Butter. I foresee a bad habit forming..





Last night we were celebrating my Mom's birthday, which is on Wednesday, so we had an amazing family supper. My Aunt is in town so her and my Grandma put it all together. My Aunt is from Victoria so she always comes bearing FRESH Seafood. Here are SOME of things we had...

Caesar Salad



Spaghetti Squash


The two chefs prepared this by roasting Cashews, Cooking the Squash in lemon juice and tiny bit of Olive Oil and then mixing it all together. It was delicious.

Bread



Scallops



My Plate


I had about 4 more Shrimp and 3 more Scallops. Not only did my Grandma and Aunt make me extra but my Aunt also gave me hers. So spoiled.

My Man and I rented and watched Daybreakers last night. I only have one word, Strange. Actually I have two, Shocked. I can't believe we both stayed up for the whole thing. Before calling it a night I had 1 and half pieces of Pumpernickle with Cinnamon Swirl PB.


I have to agree with you guys, what does a couple making out have to do with pumpernickle bread. "Eat Pumpernickle Bread and you too can find love."

I went to bed and I'm not sure if I fell asleep before coming back down for more Cinnamon Swirl or just layed there for a while and then got up. Either way all arrows point to THIS..

6 comments:

  1. Bad nut butter habit? Welcome to the club. I rarely open the fridge without taking at least a teensy bite of it. By the way, I'm recommiting my love for the Millionaire Matchmaker...the older I get, the more I realize that Patti knows what she's talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah i call it the "man zone" at my gym! but really it's my favorite place to be! there was another woman in there w/ me yesterday and i was like "what's up hottie - you obviously know what you're doing too." hahah no, i didn't really say that, but i was proud of her for overcoming the fear that most girls seem to have of these "boy areas." pssshhhh.

    ouch, your poor knee. oh well, it's cool to be clumsy, duh! i have a new injury every week! it's hot, i swear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol about the comparison with the calf machine and the horse back riding!! i was lying on the floor!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girlie! So glad you had fun on your trip!! Vacations are the BEST!!
    I also am in love with Peanut Butter & Co's PB...it's sooo amazing!!!!!! I went to their cafe in NYC this past November and it's to die forrrr!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, you must MUST try white chocolate wonderful if you haven't already. seriously.

    Love the fresh seafood! I was in Victoria in Feb and I lurve that city!! You canadians are so friendly and fun.. i want to go back up there this summer sometime :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. pumpernickle and PB.. what an award winning combo! i truly do need to try that cinn.raisin pb. <3

    ReplyDelete