Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nature's Hollow Back

After Kick class the night before I knew there was no way I was waking up to go to the gym in the AM. I dubbed yesterday an off day and slept in until 7:00. I figured I’d go today and tomorrow before taking the rest of the weekend off. My Man and I leave for Edmonton Friday, attend a wedding Saturday and then fly out from E to phoenix on Sunday. I can’t WAIT to spend an entire 12 days in Phoenix. It’ll be our first time heading down to check out my parents NEW place.

Better than a Girl Scout COOKIE


1/3 Cup Oats, ¾ Smashed Banana, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 2-3 Tbsp Almond Milk, Cinnamon and 1 Tsp Maca Powder.

I started off having a really Blah day. I’ve been SO tired this week. I know what you’re thinking, “but you go to bed at 9:30 every night”, I know it blows my mind too. I could have fallen asleep at my desk. Or in Bailey’s bed..



It was looking awfully tempting. Thankfully the Mail Man came baring gifts.

MY Nature’s Hollow SAMPLES



Delivered straight to the office, PERFECT. I was happier than a pig in ****, than a fat kid and his cupcake, than the photog who caught Lindsay Lohan like THIS



I stuck my grubby fingers in every one of these jars. The Ketchup, Maple Syrup, Strawberry Preserves, Berry Preserves, Honey and Maple Barbeque. It was a party in my MOUTH; each one tasting better than the next.



Here’s a little background on this fabulous company, whom are currently in negotiations with Canadian Distributors by the way. Check out www.natureshollow.com for all of their yummy sugar free products.

For four generations, the Probst family farm has produced exceptional jam preserves, pancake syrup, and home made salsa dip. We use old fashioned recipes which have been passed down generation to generation and live by a time honored tradition that true quality comes on an individual basis. Probst Farms whole fruit preserves are not your average jam or jelly. Our own fruit production ensures the freshness and natural goodness of our high quality line of natural fruit products. Jam, jellies, or preserves...the choice is yours!

Probst Farms also produces Nature’s Hollow sugar free jam, sugar free syrup, sugar free low carb tomato homemade ketchup, and a sugar free honey product. We use a great tasting and good for you sweetener called Xylitol. This natural sweetener has no after taste like artificial sweeteners. Our sugar free fruit preserves are all low in carbs and perfect for the diabetic and weight conscious individual.


I rode my Nature’s high from about 10:00 to 11:00 and then like most highs I came crashing back down. If only I could roll up that experience and smoke it all over again. I felt like I was going to fade away if lunch didn’t come quickly. Of course because I wanted it to come quickly it did just the opposite. My Man is SUPPOSED to walk into my office at 1:00 o’clock sharp but this was not the case. I had to wait UNTIL 1:30, can you believe it? Me neither.

Once we finally got home I had big plans for my lunch. I had been dreaming it up from the moment my package entered the office. The only trouble was that I was going to be working with some high risk foods, high risk of fudging my lunch up foods. The plan? Acorn Squash Wedges as the base, Sunny Side up Egg as the top, Egg Whites as the surroundings ALL drizzled with Maple Syrup and a little salt. Are you wondering what i'm referring to when I say high risk? I’ll tell you, THE SUNNY SIDE UP EGG. I cracked the egg in the pan perfectly, I turned my back for one second, turned back around and it was BROKE. Nooooooo, my whole lunch is ruined. I was supposed to break the yolk OVER my squash, it was supposed to be a “sauce”.

My Man was standing there witnessing the whole thing; he even witnessed what happened next… TEARS. Mmm hmm that’s right folks I cried over broke yolk. Luckily, my Man is a gentleman and offered to eat that one and crack me a new one. I’m assuming he also over looked the 10 kinds of crazy I displayed in less than 10 seconds. THAT'S what happens when you make a girl wait for lunch.

For all that drama you better believe I took 3 pictures

Pre Maple Syrup





Tear Worthy Egg Topper



My Yolk Runneth Over



This lunch was to DIE (cry) for. Seriously try this, ASAP.

I had an appointment to get my hair did at 5:30 (I've got to look good for our hot getaway) so even though I wasn't hungry (because I ate at 2:00) I had half of this



For the first time in my life I actually really only ate half. Mostly due to the fact that I ate it and left work, leaving the other half behind. I must have looked hungry though because Bailey was gaurding this bone with her life.



I got home from my hair appointment and my Man told me it "looked good, really blonde", funny since I had gotten more brown streaks than blonde. In fact, in my opinion it looked at least a shade darker. Men.

Suppa Time


Bnut Squash Fries loaded with Chilli Powder and Salt and a Salmon Burger with a Pickle, Ketchup and Mustard. I'll say this once, Sobey's has the BEST Salmon Burgers EVER. Okay, i'll probably say it again.

I spent the rest of the night cleaning the condo. I know you'd assume that entails vacuuming, swiffering, actually using cleaning products etc.. But our house cleaning means doing dishes and picking up our ENTIRE closet off the floor. I don't think i'll ever get to the REAL cleaning part. Anyway, here's the scenario. I'm sitting on the bedroom floor folding/hanging clothes, Bailey mistakes this for some sort of sick game and is attacking me, all while I attempt to talk to Kim on speaker phone. Finally Kim, the smartest of the three of us, tells me to stop being lazy and go put her in her House. What are BFF's for hey?

After wrestling with Bailey, Chatting with Kim and hanging up 10,000 articles of clothing I was ready for a SNACK.

Ezekiel English Muffin with Betta Buttah



I was dying to try my new jelly but I really wanted an English Muffin SO obviously once I made the decision to have the muffin I finished that and still wanted the jelly.

Enter Finn Crisps




I ate these with the Nature's Hollow Strawberry Preservers and PB. BEST jam/preserves (what's the difference?) EVER.

I woke up at 1:00AM and since I was all out of pumpernickle, BLASPHEMY, I had half a Banana with PB. I may have miscalculated how many Banana's we're going to need before we leave and bought 6 too many.. Eat up Buttercup



I had huge plans to NOT wake up and eat last night which obviously fell through. Once you fall off the wagon there's so many more goodies waiting below..



Straight to mouth action, obviously. I'm leaving this OUT of my suitcase.

7 comments:

  1. So jealous of your free goodies...whenever I see bloggers getting stuff I always want some too haha. I'm five. And my BF can never tell when I do anything to my hair...I've been growing it out forever and he says he can't see the difference. Thanks dude. Hope you have a great day love!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm i love the free stuff. men are so funny with noticing hair colors. if i have a boyfriend, i alwaaaays try to see if they notice. and they never do. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. im pretty sure thats the best egg meal so far! awesome!

    haha lindsay..craZzyY

    love sugar free maple syrup. that one looks divine.. im used to seeing the crappy processed additives ones. yuk

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got that SAME package and the ketchup is aweosme too! I cant wait to use the honey and jams!!

    do you go to sleep earlier than 1am, then just naturally wake up to eat? I was just curious!

    that egg and squash meal looks SO good! what a unique idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "I looked 10 kinds of crazy" lol you crack me up. I would prob cry over something like that as well, so you are not alone!

    That first pic looks yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean it actually is possible to eat half a bar? Ha, I thought that was an urban legend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They say don't cry over spilled milk.. (eggs) ..hahah sorry i had to! :P

    Have to try those salmon burgers!! I don't do meat but lurve seafood!
    Have fun in Pheonix, that sounds amazing!! Bring on the tan, sun, hangout, shop, and vacay!!

    Um, obvs cinn raisin swirl @ 1 am= totally necessary!! Love it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete