First thing I did upon waking up was have a cool glass of white ChardonWHEY and go over my new training plan..

Training for elite football performance. It's been a life long dream. Nooooo, that's my Man's. My training book is titled "Sitting your way to a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Bod, no work out required". No wait that was a dream.
After a full scoop of that goodness I drove my Man to work so he wouldn't have to park a mile away and take the Short Bus in. Apparently there's not enough parking at the refinery so they basically cleared a patch of field/parking FAR away and send a bus to pick the guys up.
I got back to the Condo Castle and since my Dad brought over a new main floor receiver (aka Tivo), I got to eat my Breakfast and watch Tivo’d America’s Next Top Model on the couch. It's nice to switch up my surroundings. I'm aware that it is strange to occasionally (or often) eat my breakfast, lunch and supper in bed. I've read that you're not supposed to eat meals in front of the TV but I highly disagree. If my Man's not home what am I supposed to do? stare at the wall? No thanks. Instead i'll embrace the fact that I associate watching TV with food.
Anyway, Bailey especially enjoyed not being forced to stay in bed..


She has a thing for shoes.. That’s my Man’s Nike sneaker, she had my sandals first but I took those away.
Cookie and Tea

I spent most of the morning/early afternoon in this area..

I got up for the essentials like the bathroom, food, water. That’s it. It was glorious. At one point I considered trying to get the teaspoon out the vacuum but then I thought “naaah”.
I did move for half a Grapefruit though

For lunch I had something I haven’t had in forever…

Tilapia and Bnut Squash Fries.
I finally decided to leave the couch around 2 and head into the kitchen for some cookin/baking. I NEEDED more French Toast Protein Bars like Lindsay Lohan needs crack. So I whipped up a batch and licked the bowl clean. The bowl licking is always the baking incentive.
Practically Spotless..

Since I think i've only mentioned this recipe once, here it is again..
French Toast Protein Bars
3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 Cup Apple Sauce
1/2 Smashed Banana
2 Servings Protein Powder (of your choice, everything seems to work)
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Cocoa Powder
Free hand some Cinnamon into the mix, pour into a pan and load the Cinnamon on top. Put it in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out of the middle clean. Cut into 8 bars and keep em in the fridge. Eat em straight up, smother them in nut butter or drizzle some Agave on top. YUM. I don't know for sure but they're some where around 60 cals each with about 8 grams of protein.
Yesterday I used this Protein

And wondered what exactly Free Range Whey meant. I know that there is Free Range Chicken, but they get that name because they get free range of the farm right? They get to live freely? Why does Whey need to be free? Strange.
Then I had a date with the devil. I made some more Satan, I mean, Seitan. I used a slightly different combo this time and instead of cooking it in a pan I put it in the oven.
Recipe
1 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten
3/4 Cup Water
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic Blend
I combined the dry ingredients with the wet and made 4 "cutlets" out of it. I tossed them in a cassarole dish with 1 cup of water and placed them in the oven at 350. After 20 minutes passed I pulled them out, flipped them and put them back in for 10 more minutes. And done. Or so I thought...

I took one piece over to my parents house for supper. They were having pot roast so my dinner invite included, BYOP. On my way over I had to pick my Man up and drop him off at hockey. I should buy a Taxi sign for my car and start charging him. JUST kidding.. Kind of.. I had to haul all of this stuff to the car..

This is why I don't play hockey, because it's next to impossible for me to lug around a hugass bag like that. I'd definitely need a bag on wheels. I dragged this down the steps to my car, popped my trunk, counted to three and swung it UP and in. Done and done. The sticks however, they didn't fit in the trunk. Let's just say my Man owes me some white car paint after I tried to get those things to fit inside my car.
When I got to my Parents house Supper was ready. My plate looked like this...

Seitan, Cauliflower, Green Beans, Caesar Salad and Bok Choy.
Would the real Seitan please stand up. This stuff was NOT like the last few batches I've made. It was SUCHA weird texture. Normally mine turn out like hard rubber, which to be honest I really don't mind. THIS however, was goey and sticky. I had to swallow each piece I cut whole, every bite ended in panic that I was choking. Talk about an awkward family supper. Everyone's sitting enjoying their NORMAL food and I felt like the glue eater in kindergarten class.
"How's your seitan?"
I said, "Mmmm so good", but what I was thinking was "What the fudge?"
What is Seitan supposed to be like?? I'm so confused.
ANYWAY, here's an interesting little diddy from the fine SMART lady known as Demi Moore..

In this month’s Elle UK Demi Moore admitted to strongly with a body obsession and here’s what she said, “I had an extreme obsession with my body. I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over. But it never lasted and ultimately it didn’t bring me anything but temporary happiness. Does being thin resolve anything? No. The irony is that when I abandoned that desire to dominate my body, it actually became the body that I always wanted. But it only happened when I stopped trying to control it. At the end of the day, this kind of obsession is pointless and meaningless”.
Amen.
You know who doesn’t have an obsession with her body….

Don't click more pics. I stole this picture off of www.hollywoodlife.com, there's no picture to follow.
When I got home from Supper with the Fam Dam I needed my Fix

Two pieces of French Toast Protein Bars with PB.
My Man and I spent the rest of the night watching Celebrity Apprentice. Poor Selita, she didn't stand a chance. Go Bitch or Go Home. I would have gone home too.
Before calling it a night for good I had a Snack..

Ezekiel English Muffin with Better Buttah.
Thank God, only ONE more left in the box. See i've been trying to eat them all quickly so they'll be gone and won't tempt me any longer.
haha you're hilarious. This post cracked me up! Heidi Montag seriously grosses me out... that girl needs to get a clue, i feel kind of bad for her.
ReplyDeleteI've never tried sietian so I don't even know how it's supposed to taste, but I won't lie...it definitely does not look all that appealing lol
The french toast protein bars look amazing!!! Your pup is so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel so lazy today , I want to just lay around and watch reality tv trash!!!!
Love ya girl!!!!!!
Hahaha, chardonwhey. Love it.
ReplyDeleteI'd never fess up to my seitan being bad either...I hate badmouthing veggie food to people for fear that they'll never try it!! That does sound like a weird texture though...maybe it was a little old?!
Hope you're having a great Monday chica!
heidi looks insane I Think. how does she even stand up with those massive boobs?!
ReplyDeleteand i hope you are signing lesiglation for 3 day work weeks. ill take it :)
I saw that picture of Heidi this morning, so many surgeries for what??? Her body looks abnormally disproportionate!!
ReplyDeleteI really like what Demi had to say, no good results ever come out from obsessing!
Happy Monday girlie!
You pup is too cute and those french toast protein bars look fabulous!
ReplyDeletexo
THANKS SOO MUCH for the recipe girl!! Can't wait to make a batch! As for those Bnut squash fries, I'll need to try those STAT! YUMMO. Bailey is the cutest little thing! She's such a natural in front of the camera!
ReplyDeleteLove the Demi quote! Well said, girlfriend! I need to live by that philosophy!!
I will definitely start thinking up a list of places to shop while your in AZ!! Shopping is a MUST while traveling! Hope you had a fabulous Monday beautiful :)
girl I just love love love how you are obsessed with those protein bars and for good reasons I would be too. I am so currently obsessed with Aprils protein cookie dough (mix 1 scoop protein with 1-3 tsp peanut butter and 1 T water---but I use more water to get the right consistency). You should try it out if you haven't already!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of Demi.. she is so beautiful, but then again most models/fashion diva's are!
I love days where you just sit and only move to do the necessaries. Glad you had time to downgrade this weekend :o)