So here's the question..
"what muscle food? lol also, how many cals do you aim for"
THIS is Muscle Food

I call it that because everytime I drink it I imagine it going straight to my muscles (feeding them) and making them HUGE. I use the term Muscle Food loosely, it's not specific to JUST this brand. Any protein powder is Muscle Food, but this is the stuff I currently use.
While were on the topic of renaming things I figure I should mention that when I say "Better Butter" I'm refering to this...

Okay, so now for the calorie part. God I only knows how many Calories I eat (and that's if he's counting.. and good at math.. Creative people normally suck with numbers). I actually have no clue how many calories I eat in a day, what I do know though is that I AIM for Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Supper, Snack. Normally though it looks more like Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Supper, Snack, Snack, Snack.
On one hand I know how many calories are in the pre packaged food I eat because I always look at the nutritional stats and ingredients. I don't however, know how many calories are in things like Bnut Fries, Sweet Potato, Vegetables, Free Handed PB Slathering, Free pouring Ketchup, Bananas, My Breafast Cookie, Seitan, Fruit etc..
In my head I assume my MAIN Snacks (not the little extras) are AROUND 200 to 250 calories (i'm aware of that) and with my meals I'm concerned with having a protein and "fries" or protein and a plate full of veggies. I pay attention to COMBINATIONS not calories. Did I always do this? No way. There was definitely a time (pre my Man) where I counted. I remember competing in the Miss Universe Canada Pageant and counting ALL my calories the months leading up to it. I was eating ALOT of Zone bars (I like easy math). Gross, no more Zone bars for this girl.. EVER.
I've experimented with lots of diets, calorie counting, eating what I considered "safe" foods, making up food rules in my own head all because I feared that if I didn't i'd gain weight or not be the right modeling measurements. I've always been a thin girl (in high school I ate McD's 3 times a week, Kraft dinner was a staple and still looked like I was starving) but like with ALL girls/women I felt the pressure to be PERFECT, especially being in an industry that actually measures you to make sure. The only time I've actually ever put on a little weight (had to move up a jean size or stay standing in my smaller jeans, which I later lost for the pageant) was when Kim and I went away to college for a year. Home cooking in our dorm consisted of Timmy Ho's, Boston Pizza, oh and vending machines. We ate when we were bored, and we were bored A LOT.
When I met my Man (LOVE him) I finally let go of all the rules and slowly but surely I stopped viewing food as GOOD FOOD and BAD FOOD and stopped counting calories. It's not an easy thing to do and it takes time. At first it's scary not knowing how many calories you're eating. For some people counting calories is helpful. For me? It makes me crazy and it's not fun. Now I have an awesome relationship with food. No counting, no self imposed rules, I listen to my body and I eat when I'm hungry. I eat carbs before bed, I do WHATEVER I want and I LOVE it. Your body is smart you know, mine's MUCH smarter than my head. I should have my body do the Accounting from now on.
I know what your thinking, that sounds too simple but if I can do it you can do it. I firmly believe that if you listen to your body, give it what it wants, give into your craving and eat HEALTHY food your body will be the weight it's supposed to be. There's a healthy version for every unhealthy food out there and once you start eating the healthier things, the healthier things are what you'll crave.
Few more points and then I'll wrap this up. I've probably officially scared everyone off of asking me questions with this novel. Remember when I said I was eating Zone bars? Well i'm smaller now then I was when I was restricting. ALSO, I just have to mention the life ruiner aka scale. I used to weigh myself every day to make sure i'd stay the same. I remember having a conversation with my sister and it went something like this.
My Sister - "You weigh yourself EVERY day?" (looking at me like I was Crazy)
Me - "Uhhh ya, you don't?" (looking at her like SHE was Crazy)
My Sister - "No, I never do."
All I was thinking in my head was.. Well then how do you know whether your going to have a good day or a bad day? I was also thinking that mean't that she didn't know how much she weighed.. How did she know if she was happy with herself then? Sooo fudged my thinking was.
THROW OUT THE LIFE RUINER. Even when I let go of all my food rules I was still weighing myself, it was kind of like a safety net. I finally threw it out (well not actually my Man would have killed me) 3 months ago. I have NO clue how much I weigh! I do however, know that all my jeans still fit the same. ;)
Poor Anonymous, you were probably looking for a short quick answer and I gave you THAT long winded story.
YESTERDAY
5:20 up and at’em! I had to look that saying up on yourdictionary.com because I always thought it was up and Adam. After typing that I realized it could not be up and Adam, that would just be weird. Who is Adam? And what does he have to do with anything. ANYWAY, 5:20 is my new alarm time since my Man and I are car pooling and he has to be at work earlier than I do. The only thing I don’t like about this car pooling business is that I don’t have time to shower. I know what you’re thinking, gross. Yes this would be true but I don’t care about the fact that I was sweaty but I do care about the fact that I have to live the rest of the day with flat bed hair. I try, but I have to be honest, I do not rock this look. I think I need to invest in a fedora.. like ASAP.
Okay let’s get back on track. I started off with 20 breezy minutes on the elliptical trainer (someday I’ll start the HIIT). I followed that up with some chest and back action. I did 2 different chest machines and 3 different back machines. I wanted to do one more chest machine but some man was hogging it and I got tired of lingering around him. I ended my workout with two ab exercises my Man showed me. He was MIA for the gym AGAIN today, I still forgive him because he’s really sick BUT one more day and I’ll be forced to steam roll him out of bed.
I came home and had the usual

¾ Scoop of Muscle Food. I know I said I was going to do full scoop but I dove in with the scoop and that’s what came out. It was a sign.
I associate work with my breakfast cookie, which is probably a good thing since it gets me excited to get there. That and of course Accounting.. NOT

½ Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, ¾ Smashed Banana, 1 Tsp Maca Powder, Cinnamon and a generous drizzle of Agave.
Lunch
Mexican Tempeh Spaghetti

Most of one medium sized Spaghetti Squash sliced in half and heated in the microwave for about 10 minutes.
Mexican Temped (one chopped Tempeh block)
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Onion or Garlic Powder (my spice container wasn’t labeled and I can’t tell)
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Corn

Mix it all up in a pan and HEAT.
French Toast Protein Bars with White Chocolate Wonderful PB & Co

NOM. Sooooo AHmazin with this sweet PB.
My tan continued to progressively get darker throughout the day. It also became evident that the front of my arms took the brunt of the spray action. I need to shower ASAP. By the time I had to pick my Man up from work I looked like another nationality. "It's me, I swear. Get in!"
Once we got home we decided to share some Kale Chips, as soon as I start to say the word Kale my Man immediately shouts out YES.
But first I had some Watermelon...

Then Kale Chips

Lime Juice, Salt, Nutritional Yeast. Cooked at 400 for ummm 7 minutes, maybe? Maybe less.
My Mad Vegged out and made himself this Suppa

Mmmm looks good to me. Quinoa, Black Beans, Corn, Chilli Powder and Hot Sauce with a side of steamed Broccoli with Nutritional Yeast.
And I Krinkled it up


Bnut Squash fries with Chilli Powder and Salt annnnnd my last Seitan Cutlet. I fried up my Seitan Cutlet with a little Soy Sauce.
So here's what I learned last night Seitan heated up is NOT rubbery, who's been keeping this secret from me??
After supper I watch the Season Finale of Real Housewives of Altanta. Let me just say that for some STRANGE reason I LOVE Kim. I love her, her wig and all.
She's a Dime

Aside from her apparent lying, I think we'd make great friends. I get a kick out of her.
Nene should probably seek some sort of counseling..

Afterwards I whipped up ANOTHER batch of French Toast Protein Bars. I'm dieseling through these at record speed. I forgot to mention in earlier posts that if you happen to make these keep em in the fridge.

I ended the night with THIS

Ezekiel English Muffin and Better Butter (Earth Balance)
great post and I agree with EVERYTHING you said :)
ReplyDelete