Friday, April 23, 2010

Stereotypical Day

Woke up, hit the gym.

Elliptical – 30 minutes
Tri’s – 3 exercises, 3 sets, 8-12 reps
Shoulders – 3 exercises, 3 sets, 8- 12 reps

Let’s be honest, does anyone really care what I do at the gym? I know you probably would if I actually named the exercises that I’m doing or if I had a set plan. Weight exercises are like street names to me, I know where I’m going but I can’t tell you how to get there.

I jetted home for a shower (hey HEY hey) and one of THESE


I’m back on the ½ scoop train, ½ scoop Muscle Food, H20 and a touch of Cinnamon.

Did someone say Cookie?


Wait, that was me. 1/3 cup Oats, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, ¾’s of a smashed Banana, 1 Tsp Maca Powder, ABOUT 2-3 Tbsp Almond Milk and lotsa Cinnamon.

Lunch

Sunny Side Up


This lunch was CLASSIC. Oregano Spiced Tilapia (cooked stove top in a pan) topped with one Egg Over Easy and a side Salad. The Salad consisted of Iceburg Lettuce (my fav) and a Dijon Mustard dressing.



Dijon Dressing

- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Thyme


My sister and I got in a fight somewhere between my lunch and my afternoon snack. Surprisingly enough this is somewhat unusual. Rewind to 7 years ago and it was a thrice daily occurrence. We are polar opposites and we SHARE an office. We should get an award for working in such close quarters on a daily basis sans fighting. Our fight ended in apologetic emails 5 minutes after it started. Yes, emails while we sat 2 feet away from each other. With age comes maturity.


This is my Sister and I at her wedding. Isn't she beautiful? That's the priest's wardrobe hanging behind us. I told him he was fashionable and asked him how he chooses with all of that selection. They're for "special occasions". Isn't every Sunday special sir? Purple, go with purple.

Do you want to know just how different we are? My Sister is a type A, organized, punctual, clean, conservative, perfectionist. I am a type B (for Brittany), lazy, messy, disorganized, relaxed, flighty (so my mom tells me), rebelious etc.. I always thought that life would have been easier on my parents had I been born first. After me my Sister would have been a cake walk. I rethought that one though, had I been first they probably wouldn’t have had a second. My parents definitely wanted me to be more like my Sister. I tried to follow in her footsteps, but if Teresa and Dale really wanted me to follow in the path she laid out they should have gotten me a map, compass and hired a tour guide. It’s hard following a straight line when you’re drunk all the time.


See not helping, too busy being flighty and telling (angry?) stories.


This picture is the two of us in Dominican on News Years Eve ringing in 2008? She's sober, I.. am not.

Snack Attack, enter Vanilla Ice Cream


Okay not quite, but close. 3/4 Cup COLD Greek Yogurt with French Vanilla Stevia and Cinnamon. Hit the spot on a hot afternoon like yesterday.

You know that saying, you should never judge a book by it's cover. Well I do, my entire book collection is pink. However, I like to think that I don't do this to people, I like to think I don't stereotype. Anyway, my Sister and the assistant manager were doing interviews yesterday and I was totally judging. I counteracted my judgments by telling myself it doesn’t matter how someone dresses, what kind of car they drive or where their personal hygiene’s at. But somewhere inside of me there are stereotype bombs… ticking, just waiting to go off..

The other day I pulled up to Best Buy, it was my lunch break and I only had 15 minutes left, so in a panic I decided I’d just leave my car running (panic or no panic I do this all the time). As I got out I noticed a dirty looking man walking up to the car beside me. I Thought nothing of it and ran in. As I walked out, B Spears greatest hits in one hand, receipt in the other, I realized I couldn’t see my car. “Holy shit, it’s gone. I knew that man looked sketchy, he stole my god damn car, what am I going to do? I can’t say I left it running with the doors unlocked. Fuuuudge” just then the massive truck blocking my car pulled away. Apparently I Subconsciously stereotype all the time annnnnd I associate greasy dirty men with thieves.

After work my Sister and I took Bailey for a walk, it's so much more funny walking with someone else and not solo. I entertain myself, but not THAT much. And Bailey well she just not that talkative.

Suppa I said "screw the well rounded meal, hello Bnut Fries"


Hit me with KETCHUP, lotsa KETCHUP

To be honest I was bored the rest of the night. My Man had to work a bingo for his Rugby team so once again I had the condo castle all to myself. Sure I could have done something productive like cleaned or did laundry but that's really not my thing. Instead I layed around on the couch and semi paid attention to last nights episode of Vampire Diaries. Who do you think is hotter? Stefan or Damon? I'd go for Damon, but that's because I've always been drawn towards A**holes.



Bite me



Around 9:00 I decided to make my Man some supper. The Bingo totally ruined his plans of watching the NFL draft (was that it?) last night. I figured Amy would cheer him up since I was too lazy to actually play chef.

So I heated up a can of THIS



And beefed it up with some Quinoa





For my last Snack of the day I decided to try something different. I tried my hand at a protein cake.

The Mix

- 1/2 Scoop Chocolate Muscle Food (Protein Powder)
- 1 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Egg Whites (since i've welcomed these back into my life)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder

Mixed it all up in a mug



Microwaved it for 1 minute



Tah Duh



I cut it up



AND tossed it into my Almost Empty Jar of White Chocolate Wonderful PB plus I added Almond Milk post picture



AHmazing



Ugh of COURSE, I woke up at 1:00AM which unfortunately means I made my way back to the kitchen to do some damage.


Pumpernickle with Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB, this combo will rock your socks off.

11 comments:

  1. I really like that protein cake idea!! I am going to have to try it out. White Chocolate Wonderful is sooo good, right now I have the Bee's Knees flavah which is pretty good but doesn't come close to WCW! You look beautiful in those pics girl!

    Hope you are having a great day!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I do the SAME thing- I think it's kind of hard not to inititally judge someone. It just kind of happens- I think it's human nature!! haha!

    I have to ask- do you make the butternut squash fries, or buy them & heat them up? If you make them you must go thru squash like water :)

    Hope you have an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you blog and i really love it! ur really pretty too!!! liking the posts girl. have a great day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. anytime i have tried a protein cake, i just dont like it. always bums me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah, this was so funny!! bite me!! yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA omg I laughed so hard at the "it's hard to walk in a straight line when you're drunk all the time" line. You need to write a book, because it would just make my life that much funnier.

    NOOO to the WCW being gone, YAY for the protein cake in a jar!! Hope you're gonna restock that soon :)

    Have a great weekend gorgeous girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I want some butternut squash fries!! Too bad they're out of season and expensive now :(

    And I love how you have breakfast cookies everyday. I think I've only tried them once! You know what I was thinking...you should make a breakfast cookie and in the morning, break it up, and put it in an almost-empty (or maybe not so empty :)) almond/peanut butter jar. I think that would be so good!

    love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Brittany!!!

    I just found your blog the other day and I love it!!!

    I added you to my blogroll, I hope you don't mind!!!!

    You're gorgeous, by the way!!

    ---Megan

    http://www.lacrossegal.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your creative eats! Especially mixing quinoa with Amy's Chili...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh loving the protein cake crumbled in a jar of almost empty PB!! What better PB than WCW, that stuff is amazing!!!!!

    Your breakfast cookies always look amazing! You are a bfast cookie professional!

    Thanks for the anny wishes, almost two years, we get married next year, love is the greatest and most powerful thing in the world!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete