I did 30 minutes of Elliptical and some legs. The Smith Machine is probably my favorite machine since I can actually feel my buns burning. I did 4 sets of 12 reps on that one (50 pounds), then I proceeded to lay on the ground with 50 pounds on my stomach and do bridge raises. I may or may not have crushed a few ribs. I quickly followed that up with the machine that starts with your legs wide open and then you push against the separators to close them. That was a really good explanation. Your welcome.
I came home and got my Swank on

½ Scoop Muscle Food, H20 and Cinnamon in my swanky wine glass. Swirl and sniff. Definitely expensive Protein Powder. I'm sucha Muscle Food Connoisseur.
I drank that and proceeded to shower. My Man and I had plans for a lunch date at the 13th Ave Coffee house. I’ve got to put my best foot forward, it’s only been what? 3 years?
Shortly after arriving at the office I went to town on THIS


I’m eating breakfast with TInkerbell until she’s gone. That or until she gives me a map and directions to Never Never Land. I don’t want to grow up.
The day has finally ARRIVED
Dun dah dun

Food meets shark. Someone obviously had me in mind when they made this restaurant. It’s like my two my favorite things, food and sharks. Now I JUST need to find out where this is so I can add it to my Bucket List and cross it off as quickly as possible. Why am I so fascinated by sharks? No seriously, why?
Somewhere around mid-morning Bailey dropped one at the door and things got complicated. Something got stuck and she did NOT want me to help her. As I walked over to give her a hand she immediately backed up into the wall. I don't know EXACTLY what she was thinking but it was something along the lines of..
Don't Touch My Bum



She stayed like this for a good 10 minutes, before I pryed her away from the wall and helped her against her will.
1:00 o’clock finally rolled around and my Man and I headed out for our lunch date. Nothing like a little lunch date to brighten a cold, windy, dreary day. I wasn’t sure what I was going to order considering the fact that I could feel the heartburn lingering around my esophagus (just a guess) just waiting to catch fire. This leads me to the question, just how well do Tums work since I’ve been popping them like candy. That and Tylenol. I had a headache trying to rear its ugly head too. Ugh, what a depressing couple of lines those were, I’d back space’em but honesty is the best policy. Back to LUNCH.
Food = Happy, I’m an advocate of emotional eating. Give me an e, EEEEE. Give me an m, MMMM. Give me an o, OOOOO. What does that spell? EMO. I got lazy, but that’s practically emotional.
I scanned the menu looking for the item that would make me the happiest and...
VOILA

Jackpot, I was totally elated by this dish. It was the Americana Veggie Burger. Can you say fantastic? Yes. It was a THICK JUICY veggie burger, I think they probably ground up my entire days worth of food into this burger.
After lunch I had to take a package to the post office and I picked THIS up while I was there

I needed something sweet after that burger and this totally hit the spot. This bottle of goodness gives you some Vitamin C, B, E and a cute purple mustache all for just 10 calories. Can’t beat that.
Once work was over, I had a HUGE job ahead of me... Cleaning the KITCHEN. Now I was going to take a before and after picture but I stopped myself for two reasons. 1) It was SUCH a disaster you actually wouldn't be ABLE to look at me in the sameway, EVER again (just ask my immediate family) 2) The after picture wasn't THAT clean.
When I finished that I decided to try do some baking. I'm going to share the recipes with you BUT the muffins need some work. I was definitely missing whatever it is that makes muffins soft.
First I made...
Sweetpea Bars
1/4 Greek Yogurt
1/3 Oat Bran
1 Cup Chickpeas
1/4 Egg Whites
10 Drop Stevia (I used French Vanilla)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Cinnamon
Blend all the ingredients together (i used our magic bullet, AND got in trouble later).

Pour into a cake pan and toss in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. Keep checking though because I forgot to time this.


Annnnnd EAT immediately

Stats - Makes 8 Bars, 50 Cals each, 6 Grams of Carbs, 3 Grams Protein abd 1.5 Grams of Fibre.
I LIKED these. I drizzled Agave on a piece for myself and it was perfect. When my Man got home from Rugby I did the same for his piece, he taste tasted and approved. I'm sure I can still improve on this recipe but it's simple, easy and great for boredom snacking.
Next I TRIED to make Chocolate Protein Muffins, key word being TRIED. After seeing Naomi's (onefitfoodie) protein muffins I figured I could make them with the ingredients I had.
Dry Chocolate Protein Muffins
1 Cup Oat Bran
1/4 Cup Egg Whites
2 Servings Protein Powder
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a muffin pan.

I added Chocolate Chips to a few for my Man.

Tossed them in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 350.
And done.

Looks can be deceiving. Verdict? My mouth was desert dry after one bite of these. Water. Someone pass the water. Funny I should try to alter a recipe when I don't know the science behind baking. I don't even know what the difference between Baking Powder and Baking Soda is. I do however know the stats on these. Well two stats. There is 8 Grams of Protein in each muffin and 65 cals. Obviously, it's missing something since no muffin in 65 cals. Help? Naomi?
I hung up my Oven Mitts and sat down for some Suppa

Bnut Squash Fries and 2 Egg whites, 1 Egg. That reminds me of 2 girls, 1 cup. Ewwwww.
I wanted to have a snack before bed but could NOT decide what I felt like. I've been scared of Greek Yogurt all day because i'm pretty sure that's what gave me heatburn. Anyway, I thought maybe I wanted Cereal..

After a few bites of that I realized I was wrong. Instead I had an Ezekiel English Muffin with Better Butter.

I woke up in the middle of the night and had THIS

Pumpernickle and Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB.
Fudge me, I woke up twice..
oh god.. 2 girls one cup.. im scarred for life!
ReplyDeleteomg look at that egg.. the whites are massive.. that looks like a huge sheet of paper cloth with a yolk inside. how did u do that! lol AWESOME!
i love how ur muffins have little nubbins ontop. so cute!! haha
happy thursday lovie <3 xoxo
you always crack me up with your eating in the middle of the night!! :)
ReplyDeletedo you actually get hungry or just out of habit?? I'm just wondering b/c I woke up the other morning around 3am & was STARVING!
I'm just wondering if you feel like that every night? Your metabolism must be SKY high!! :)
hey! where do you get the muscle food? you have it most days--must be tasty! :)
ReplyDeleteand yeah dont even mention 2 girls 1 cup. im still haunted by that.
I was thinking the exact same thing as Kelsey! Your egg whites look kind of odd!
ReplyDeleteI was laying in bed last night and got SO hungry so at about 12:30 I went downstairs and got half a slice of bread and spread it with peanut butter. Put me right to sleep :)
im not really sure what a typical serving size of sweet potatoes are. i use 2 large ones and eat them both. that may be a lot to some people but theyre relatively low in calories im assuming.. so i make sure i eat both to get enough.
ReplyDelete<3 xoxo
hey girl!! umm I dont think I used greek yogurt in my original recipe... I think I used applesauce which made them more moist...also maybe do 1/2 C eggwhites instead of the 1/4? What type of protein powder did you use? I used BSN which bakes up beautifully, btu i have made some with other brands and they weren't as good
ReplyDeleteon another note, those chickpea bars look SOOO good!! I am def making those!!
I just had to google 2 girls 1 cup. you've scarred me for life.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure if I showed you a pic of my kitchen, it would make you look like martha stewart. I love living with 7 slobs. not.
hope you've had a great day girl!! xoxo
Hey love! Well even if the muffins are dry, they look good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool place to eat, and what you got looks amazing and yum!!!!
hope you have a great night beautiful!!!!!!!!!
Muffins look great!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I want to go to eat there too! How sweet would that be?!
The idea of a juicy veggie burger sounds like an oxymoron! I love all kinds of veggie burgers, but they're definitely always a bit dry. Sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteWow, that restaurant looks so cool. I love sharks as well :)
ReplyDeleteDana
http://happinessiswithin.wordpress.com/
that chickpea bar looks so interesting but I take your word that it is actually good!! i mean i bet it would be you are the queen of protein bars after all.
ReplyDeletelove that you wake up in the middle of the night for food!
ahh, a girl after my own heart!
ReplyDeletedespite having a snack b4 bed, i find myself munching in the middle of the night.
yea, i COULD wait until morning, but...
if its right there and its tasty.. why not? ;)
Those bars look amazing and the muffins look delish!
ReplyDeletexo