I woke up at the crack of dawn, well what I consider to be the crack of dawn on a Sunday, to drive my Man to the work. Since I wasn't feeling so hot I thought i'd wait for the hunger pains (or pangs?)to strike before diving into my Breakfast Cookie. I waited.. Waited.. Waited.. Finally I just said screw it.

On a scale of 1 - 10 meauring how over the Breakfast Cookie I am, 1 being still love and 10 being despise, I'm about a 3. I'd say that means this is not one of the things i'm sick of.
I ate my Cookie while watching Millionaire Matchmaker, SUCHA a great show. Of course it's right up my alley since it possesses the three key elements necessary in my entertainment, 1) It's "reality" 2) People get offended 3) People find love (or hate). The last two can happen at any given time which creates suspense and drama. Who said reality TV is garbage?
When my show was over I proceeded to sleep from 9:30 until noon. Told you I didn't feel very well. When I woke up I decided maybe it was time to get out of bed and since it was nice out I grabbed Bailey and headed over to my Parents house. They have the HUGEST backyard. I thought about taking a dip in the pool, but rethought that idea when I remembered I had just gotten another spray tan on Saturday. Swimming or tanned skin? I'm vain, tan skin.
For lunch, I pushed my Stomach ache aside and my Dad and I grilled out

Seitan for me, Turkey Sausage for my Rents. On the "how over I am" scale Seitan ranks about a 1.

This might possibly be the most PERFECT way to heat up Seitan. It was AHmazing, which made super excited since I would have something to BBQ this summer aside from JUST fish. I'll be just like all the other kids.
With my glorious Seitan I had Ceasar Salad

This is my Mom's secret recipe and it's seriously the BEST dressing ever.
Mom's (used to be) Secret Ceasar Salad Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Worchester Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Dry Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper
Now if you like Parmesan Cheese then you HAVE to grate some fresh stuff over your salad. My Mom used to occasionally make this salad as the main course with grilled chicken. TRY it.
Here's another picture of my Seitan, I thought you'd want to see an indoor shot

Lunch did me in. I tried to sit outside in the sun with my Mom for a while but the heat felt like it was slowly killing me. I packed er in and spent the rest of the afternoon in my Parents basement watching Rules of Engagement.
My Man and I had plans to go over to his Dad's house for supper but after picking him up from work I knew I wouldn't make it. He headed over there solo and I stayed back and slept/watched Did You Hear About the Morgans. It turns out his Dad's girlfriend had made me my own piece of Salmon since they were having turkey. I felt so bad but there was just no way I could have went.
There was also no way I wasn't having supper so I tried a piece of Pumpernickle with PB

"How over I am" Scale ranks PB a 7 and Pumpernickle a 2. PB a say 7?!? I killed it the day before trying to eat it while feeling sick.
And then I made this...

This looks like a Breakfast Cookie but in actuality it's cooked Oatmeal in Cookie form. Why? Because I'm weird. I cooked 1/3 Cup of Oatmeal with 2/3 Cups of Almond Milk and a smashed Banana. When it was done I poured it onto this plate and stuck it in the freezer. A little while later I topped it with PB.
Tasted it, and then added Prairie Berry Jelly..

This was a hit and a miss. The combination/recipe itself is really good, but this put me over the edge. I have yet to eat my Breakfast Cookie this morning but I'm scared it will remind me of this. It's the worst when you eat something while you're sick and in turn it makes you hate that food.
One summer I was addicted to Watermelon and I literally went through 2-3 GIANT Watermelons a week. I'd buy one, cut it all up and then put it in a HUGASS container in the fridge. Throughout the day I'd just pull the container out and go to town. Anyway, it was about this time 2 years ago when I caught the WORST flu ever. I would crack jokes about this flu but i'm not sure whether that would be crossing the line or not. ANYWAY, Watermelon was one of the last things I ate before becoming violently ill. It took a year before I could eat Watermelon again. My Man remember's this flu well, like the little gift it was I passed it on to him too.
I was in bed sleeping by 8:00 last night.
Aww- sorry you don't feel well- hopefully whatever it is goes away QUICK!!!
ReplyDeleteYour last recipe for the banana + oats + almond milk looks really good - I think I might have to try it :)
Hope you have a better day today!!
what exactly is seitan??
ReplyDeletehope you get to feeling betteR!
Ugh, I hope you feel better soon love!! I used to be obsessed with champagne, then kind of ODed on it one night (and by ODed I mean I don't remember even drinking it). The only thing I DO remember from the night is the taste of it coming back up...foul. Hopefully you can get back to your breakfast cookies soon! Feel better soon love :)
ReplyDeleteHey girl thanks for visiting my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteI am a huge fan of the millionaire matchmaker show!! I love Patty, she tells it like it is!
what does setian taste like
ReplyDeleteahhhh I hope you feel better lady. I feel horrible right now and am laying in bed all day haha hopefully you are beginning to get healthy little miss!
ReplyDelete