Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Comeback

Yesterday morning I hit snooze 6 times reaching a new snooze button record. I got to the gym with just enough time to do 40 minutes on the elliptical and 3 sets of Smith Machine Squats just for the heck of it. Afterwards, I had to race home since I HAD to shower. I had no choice. Some days you can get away with it, but today? Not with this greasy do. I was cutting it super close with only 15 minutes to shower, blow dry, straighten, change and put my face on. SO much to do, so little time.

Somewhere between trying to gather my life and heading out the door I stole a moment for THIS


Half Scoop Muscle Food blended to perfection with water. Half scoop made sense since I only did Squats.

I got to work and got right down to business


Cookie Business. The usual playas, heaping 1/3 cup of oats, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, ¾ Smashed Banana (I’d put the whole thing in but I really look forward to eating that ¼ while I make it), 1 Tsp Maca Powder, loads of Cinnamon AND a few splashes of Almond Milk.

I my way home for lunch I stopped at the bank to make the company deposit. SO I was standing in the ATM area, you know the area between the front doors and the doors to the actual bank? Anyway, I was the only one in there doing my thang at the ATM when all of a sudden I could hear a man talking. I turned around.. Nothing.. Looked up.. Nothing.. Looked down.. Nothing.. I mean it's not unusual for me to hear voices but this one was strange. Why was the ATM talking to me?

Just as I was grabbing my receipt I noticed light coming from a crack near the top of the banking contraption. The voice was coming from BEHIND the ATM. I got closer and although I couldn't see the ACTUAL talking man (the crack was too small) I realized that it was an open area back there. Everything I thought I knew about ATM's was wrong.

I always pictured my money being sucked in and falling gently onto the heaping pile of money envelopes chilling in the VOLT. No Volt? Are these envelopes just falling on the ground? Are there desks back there? Talk about turning my world upside down. I left there with so many unanswered questions, like where is my money?

I put the incident behind me and made myself some LUNCH


Spaghetti Squash, Seitan, Assorted Mushrooms and Humtom Sauce. Yes, Humtom Sauce, that's what I said. I mixed 2 Tbsp Hummus with 3 Tbsp Tomato sauce and 1 Tbsp Water. Blend it and pour.

Assorted Mushrooms



Half a Spaghetti Squash


I stuck this in the microwave for 10 minutes and it was ready.

For those of you lovely ladies asking about the Seitan, here is the Recipe

Seitan

- 1 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic Spice (just use your fav spice/spices)
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce

Mix dry and wet ingredients seperately and then combine together. Mix with your hands (or a fork if your classy) until it's a consistent dough. This stuff is supper sticky. Once you have a big ball of dough pull it apart into 4 even pieces/balls. Flatten them into a cutlet shape and place each cutlet into a casarole dish containing 1 cup of water. Place them in the oven for 20 minutes at 350, flip them over and put them back in for 10 more minutes. When you store them in the fridge pour the remaining water into the container WITH the Seitan. It keeps them fresh. As soon as you want to eat one just take it out of the fridge and heat it up!


Lunch Dessert


Piece of Nanner with PB and Cinnamon.

I thought about going for a spray tan yesterday but then I decided that I should wait until I buy some new sheets. What do these two things have to do with one another? Everything. As of right now my Man and I are sporting cream colored sheets. The entire bed is a beautiful shade of heavenly cream EXCEPT for my spot. Mine is orange. Gross. It’s also evident that I seem to sleep in the EXACT same spot every night. It looks like the outline of a body at a crime scene. The other day my Man was like, “Whoa WHAT is WRONG with your pillow?” I knew right away what was wrong with it. Apparently some things don’t look better with a tan. Need dark purple sheets ASAP.

When I got home for work I had some Watermelon


I refilled this bowl once more.

Then my Man and I attempted to watch Did You Hear About The Morgans, but we ran into some technical difficulties. For starters I couldn't find the DVD remote control ANYWHERE. This kind of thing frusterates me more than attempting to figure out what the point of a Sudoku (Sudoku lovers should work at NASA). While I searched high and low my Man had already made himself comfortable. It was evident that HE wasn't going to help. Finally, I flopped into bed defeated. At that point he offered to try get the movie started with out the remote. He couldn't get it to play or even read the DVD. "Is the movie actually in here?". Nope. Ooops. Where'd I put that thing?!

That was enough of that. I didn't want to work that hard for a movie. My Man ended up napping and I watched some Tivo. Around 7 I got hungry and he woke up. We headed downstairs to try and figure out what supper was going to be. Neither of us felt like anything. I turned to bnut fries (of course) and he finally let me make him an Almost Empty Almond Butter Jar. I saved this Costco sized nut butter jar for him.

HUGE Almost Empty Almond Butter Jar


No measurements here. I just put handfuls of Heritage Cereal and Bran Buds inside this mother. I filled er up with Vanilla Almond Milk and lotsa Cinnamon. He loved it.

And I love my Fries..


These fries were THICK, talk about a volume food. I always know that if I eat THIS many bnut fries i'll feel sick. I know this, but it doesn't stop me.

After Supper we watched more TV because we're social and active like that. A litle Melrose Place action. Then I had a rendezvous with an Old Friend before bed..

Pumpernickle is BACK


PB and PUMPERNICKLE

That does not look or seem like a lot of food, but for some reason I spent 90 percent of the day being UNCOMFORTABLY full. Weird.

I did wake up around 1:00AM and managed to make room for THIS though


Two French Toast Protein Bars with White Chocolate PB & Co. YUM.

3 comments:

  1. I just moved in with a girl who does mystic tanning.. she looks so great all the time!

    I love all your delicious choices in food & all the protein lovin' you always have on your blog. By the way, I so eat peanut butter out of the jar too.. Guilty as charged... but isn't that the way you are suppose to?!

    as for saving some of the banana.. I SO break off some of my banana while making my oatmeal so I can snack on it as well.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pretty girl!! I just bought some white chocolate PB & Co and it's pretty much THE MOST AMAZING THING IN THIS WORLD! It tastes like reeses pieces!!!

    I need to try that bfast cookie like STAT. Perhaps tomorrow morning? I think so!! Hope you are having a fabulous weekend darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. White chocolate wonderful is now my favorite PB&co. flavor. It just tastes like super sweet pb, which is fine in my book! Thanks for sharing the seitan recipe- i need to try it and see if mine blows up the way yours does!! Hope you're having a great weekend love!

    ReplyDelete