Monday, April 26, 2010

My Jar is Half Full

Have you ever thought about how strange it is that we have weekdays and weekends? It’s especially strange since the weekend is apparently Saturday and Sunday, maybe we should call them Saturend and Sunend. Just saying. Yesterday I woke up, walked to the kitchen, turned the Kettle on, opened the fridge, grabbed THIS


I bought more Tinkerbell plates, YAY.

Grabbed my tea, headed over to the couch, turned on the TV, opened TIVO and pressed play on THIS



Weekends are the bomb, there just isn’t enough end in a week. After Millionaire Matchmaker I watched MORE TV cause that’s what I do. My Man was up so we watched last week’s episode of the celebrity apprentice. It was both entertaining and annoying all at the same time. That show really highlights the difference between how men and women interact with one another. Watching the men is like watching a team, while watching the women is like watching a celebrity death match, claws out.


Big D, what a guy. He single handedly started and ended the front swipe.

The morning was filled with too much TV and too little snacking, so I switched it up with some of THIS


Honey Dew Melon, I took my first bite and was so excited to realize I hit the melon jack pot. My least favorite thing about Melons is that it's hit or miss, it'll either be sweet or tasteless. This one was SWEET. As for those white xmas lights in the background, I have a thing for lights. These hang around the Kitchen window year round because they make me happy (the kitchen "window" into the living room). There's more that hang around our bedroom closet too. I know how to set the mood, nothing sexier than white Christmas lights.

I had a phone date with Kim shortly after I inhaled that. We chatted for a quick 45 minutes and I loved every minute of it. So much story telling and listening. I must have burned alot of calories because by the time we were done I was ready for some...

My Lunch is a prime example of a bad food blogger, at very least I figured it might be humorous that I ate the same thing three days in a row.


TVP with Mustard and Ketchup and some Acorn Squash wedges. Funny, no?

After lunch, my Man and I were heading to the Health Show. The guy at Body Fuel Organics was nice enough to give me a pair of tickets when I was in there stocking up on Cinnamon Swirl PB last week. I think he feels bad for me, he watches the amount of money I drop in that place and figured I probably couldn’t afford the steep 8 dollar tickets.

He was probably right. We got to the show around 3 and started with a few loser laps. I think we sampled 7 different variations of health drinks claiming to give you your daily fruit/veggie intake in one shot. I think we both had drank an orchard and ate an entire garden by the time we were done. We also sampled, “relaxing” pills and an energy drink. When we left there I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to sleep or do 30 jumping jacks.

Apparently I hadn't sampled enough free products so when we got home I had an ALMOST EMPTY JAR of PB


I said fudge it to protein and just ate cereal and milk. 2/3 Cups Bran buds, Almond Milk, French Vanilla Stevia drops (these rock) and Cinnamon.



I snuck in some Kale Chips while my Man was at the gym. You know what that means, no sharing, YAY. It also means I got to eat all the burnt chips straight off the pan. If my Man’s around he takes them away telling me that the carcinogens are going to give me cancer. Carcinogens? Bring it. Everything in moderation right?



Suppa


One piece of Tilapia fish topped with one happy Egg (sunny side up) annnnd some Shitake mushrooms.

And because we apparently didn't get our fill of The Apprentice in the morning, we watched the new episode after supper. Now there is one thing I would like to discuss in regards to this episode. First, I need to start by saying that their task was to create, promote and run a group fitness class at 24 hour fitness. SO the setting is 24 hour fitness and my issue is the girl with a Louis Vuitton gym bag. HOW rich do you have to be to have a Louis Vuitton gym bag? no seriously. In the hiearchy of bags, the gym bag falls somewhere near last place. I mean before a gym bag you'd buy a purse (or a few), a briefcase, wallet, change purse, suitcase, probably even a planner. I would love to take a look in that girl's closet. My new goal in life is to one day head to the gym with my stinky sneakers in my brand new Louis Vuitton GYM bag.

Bedtime Snack


PB and Jelly Greek Yogurt. As per usual I sweetened the sour cream tasting greek yogurt with my French Vanilla Stevia drops (3 to be exact) and some Cinnamon.

Bedtime? 10:00PM on the Monaay.

Around 12:00AM this was calling my name and since I didn't want it to wake up the rest of the house I answered.


This jar is less than half empty (recycled picture, this is not accurate). This is BAD because I only opened it on what? Thursday? This is especially bad because for one, i'm the only one eating it and two, I've only put it ON something like twice. This means I've eaten the majority of it with a knife. I'm going to look at this is a positive light, this Jar is half FULL.

10 comments:

  1. haha i hear ya on the celeb apprentice comment. love that show, love cindy and sharon- fight fight fight! lol. the big donald is such a guy- wanna see him walking in new york during a windstorm haha.. the hair would be dancin'

    hmm ive noticed too that we call saturdays and sunday weekEND.. the 'end' signifying how the fun doesnt last.. always ends. week days should be 'weekdrag' sometimes monday to friday just goes on and on...!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl your posts always make my day!!!!

    Wow girl you really love your PB!!!!!!! Love it!!! Is your fave the cinnamon raisin swirl?! I love that too!!

    Oh cool, we can be afro sisters, lol!! Im serious, my hair is a mess and the blow dryer I got is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sultra sophisticate!!!! Its on sephora for 280 bux, and yes its worth it, def more worth it than blowing money on a louis vuitton gym bag, lol!! Some peeps have too much money!!! Yikes!!!

    Love ya girl! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey!

    its petty simple to make the tomato/garlic dip. i use a couple table spoons of tomato sauce with equal amounts salsa. i then take a few cloves of raw garlic and dice it up then throw it in the sauce. i dash a few glugs of apple cider vinegar ontop and stir. its pretty thick so i'll usually add some water to it as well.

    i think basil and oregano and cayenne go really well on potatoes. and if u have sage.. use it in comfort foods- usually used in stuffing on thanksgiving. cumin is great in bean soup or chilli. play around with herbs.. i know its kinda scary or daunting to use them in recipes cuz u want ur food to taste good! spices really help liven things up and u'll find certain combos that rock! theyre also great for ur digestion!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously look forward to your posts every day. They just crack me up...love all the comments about the health expo, and the LV gym bag. Maybe she's just trying to pick up a hottie hubby at the gym and wants to look her best. Hope you're having an amazing Monday love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm cinnamon raisin swirl!! i coated sweet potatoes with that once, yowsasss in my mouth. saturends and sundnds is so much more appropriate - let's officially change our terminology and expect everyone else to keep up. louis vuitton gym bag - that's intense. i'm slightly jealous but also slightly disturbed that that's real life for someone. i currently rock a bright green canvas bag from the gap! it was like $10. i know a lot of chicks get so jelly when they see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! A few weeks ago, I ate like, 6 spoonfuls of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl! IN A ROW! It's an addiction, I tell you! It totally motivated me to run further than I've evah run! LOL!

    Thanks for your sweet comment doll! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your too funny! I have never tried that pb before...sad right?! My life is obviously NOT complete

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha i am so one of those people who just had disappearing peanut butter... seriously i swear i fly through jars of peanut butter and really do not remember incorporating it into that many meals and or snacks.. haha my spoon sure loves the jar ;o) i looove those spoons!!

    rest up dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Around 12:00AM this was calling my name and since I didn't want it to wake up the rest of the house I answered" That's great. Good eats! Love Millionaire Matchmaker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha- I agree with the post above :) That comment about you answering the PB made me laugh :) You always make me laugh though- you seriously should write a book!!!!!

    Hope you're having a great week so far! xoxo

    ReplyDelete