Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good Date Friday

Yesterday was Good Friday and like a Good Gym Goer I still hit it up in the AM. I got to the gym just as it was opening at 8'clock, crazy I know. The first 1/2 hour was especially fun because there was barely anyone there. There was however, this one woman (probably in her mid 40's) that decided to take me under her wing for an hour. Will call her Tanned Lady in Green. We got to talking and she was kind enough to show me how to use the rest of the machines in the "boys room" (the few I hadn't tried the day before) AND the other 4 machines in the gym I had yet to touch. She was so helpful and cool (and tanned.. jealous). After doing 4 machines for shoulders, some push ups and a set of lunges, I finished up with 40 minutes of intervals on the elliptical. I left the gym feeling whiped, perfect.

Protein POW(d)ER


1/2 Scoop Muscle Food

Followed by Cookies and Tea


Coconut Mango Tea annnnnnd the Breakfast Cookie (1/3 Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 3/4 Smashed Banana, Cinnamon, Tsp Maca Powder, Splash of Almond Milk and AGAVE)

Since my last batch of Protein Bars disappeared, nooooo since I inhaled them, I thought I should try my hand at MORE. I altered the recipe a little which created a new BAR..

French Toast Protein Bars

- 3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Smashed Banana
- 2 Serving Protein Powder
- 1 Tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- Cinnamon (mixed in and sprinkled on top pre-baking)


The sides kind of folded over. Since i'm not a baking expert I'm not sure what that means, maybe it was the lack of Oats this time? Regardless I wouldn't change a thing because it I like the texture and perfect is overated.


My Man said they looked like French Toast. This was the perfect description, they looked AND tasted like french toast. Winner, Winner.

Lunch


Uncooked Broccoli, Hummus, Roasted Brussel Sprouts and a Salmon Burger.

Snacks


1 and 1/2 pieces of French Toast Protein Bars.


Watermelon, YUM.

Last night my Man and I went on sucha FUN double date. We set Mel up with one of my Man's friends who had been dying to go on a date with her. I'm not sure who this date benefited the most, but I think i'm going with myself. I was SO excited and I organized it for selfish reasons, a double date with Mel and My Man? uhhh duh I want to do that.

We went to our favorite restaurant, Mediterranean Bisto, which is the BEST place for visting and relaxing. We all shared Steamed Mussels to start and a bottle of Red Wine (Mel's date was buying, 10 points Mel, write that down). For my entree I had the GIGANTIC Prawns with double the veggies on the side. The first time I ever ordered this dish I was scared it wouldn't be enough, ONLY 4 gigantic prawns?? That's it? I'm always scared of being gypped, but they really are big. My meal did not dissapoint as usual and neither did the company. I had a BLAST.

I've decided i'm going to peer pressure Mel into dating this guy for real. Think of all the fun we could have? I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen. I'm not opposed to bribery, guilt trips or black mail..

When My Man and I got home I had some DESSERT

French Toast Protein Bar #1



French Toast Protein Bar #2



I ate both with PB and then we were off to bed.

4 comments:

  1. The double date sounds fun, I'm always horrible at setting my friends up! And the protein bars look just like French Toast, so delish :) Hope you're having a great Saturday love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those French Toast bars looks soo good. Can I ask how long you baked them and at what degrees. I think I want to try baking them up. What protein powder do you use?

    Awesome workout and that is so nice of that lady!

    Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW those bars look so good girl! do you know the nutr stats? sorry ive been MIA! ahh :( I am catching up on your wonderful bloggie ASAP love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS girl- do you know the protein and carb count? sorry for bothering w. these ?'s .. i wana try making them soon!

    ReplyDelete