Friday, April 16, 2010

Soapy Dishes

5:20, BAM out of bed and to the gym. I cranked out a quick 35 minutes on the elliptical while chatting it up with my Sister. My intentions were to do 30 but the machine twisted my arm into doing a 5 minute cool down. From the elliptical I headed over to the weights to punish my shoulders. I did a little of this, little of that. This and that being 3 different exercises with exceptionally heavy weight. Said weight may or may not have been 12.5 pound dumbbells. Pathetic to some, exciting to me.

Got back to the Condo Castle annnnnd drank some of THIS


Full Scoop of Muscle Food mixed with H20.

This was going to have to hold me over until I got to work at 9. I dropped my Man off at the refinery and then booked it to my reflexology appointment at 8. Oh how I enjoy my reflexologist. Sometimes I wonder if I’m paying her to heal my headaches AND circulation (it’s slow) or if I don’t care about that and I’m just paying her to hang out with me for an hour. I think it’s the latter.

When I finally got to work I was Starvin like Marvin (that guy must never eat)


I shoveled this cookie in like someone was trying to steal it. The green tea was too hot for speed so I drank that slowly.

The rest of my morning consisted of taking orders from my Mom, I mean boss. The head honcho's are headed to there home in Phoenix next week so yours truly will be holding down the fort. This means that my Mom has to dot all her I's and cross all her T's before she goes. My sister is the I and I am the T. She has to make sure we know EXACTLY what needs to be done while she's gone. Needless to say the morning flew by and before I knew it it was..

LUNCH


Kale Chips topped with 1/2 Cup of Kidney Beans, Humnut Sauce (2 Tbsp Hummus, 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast and a splash of H20) annnnd drizzle of Sour Cream (aka Greek Yogurt). NOM, this mix was heavenly.

Kale Chips

- Kale
- Nutritional Yeast
- Salt
- PAM or Olive Oil Spray

Cut up the Kale, wash it if you're into that sort of thing, set it on a pan, spray it with PAM, Sprinkle it with salt, load on the Nurtitional Yeast and pop in the oven at 400 for about 5 minutes. Just keep checking until it's crunchy.


Now this may have looked like a lunch that requires a fork, but that would be incorrect. I took this over to the couch and went to town. Kitchen tables are for suckas. When I dine alone I like to dine in front of the tube. I enjoyed my creation while indulging in some Fly Girl action. That last line sounded dirty.

I got back to work looking a little messy. It turns out a fork WAS necessary. My purple shirt was now purple with spots of white. Greek Yogurt doesn’t wipe off. As soon as I got back I had dive right into these complicated reports my Mom wants me to make on a monthly basis. After struggling with it for at least an hour I think it finally clicked. A few curse words, frusterated tears annnnnnnnnd were good. The tears came because the alignment was off and my Mom told me I had to start over. Endearing?

Look at this Creep



Snack Time

To the tune of Pants on the Ground, I sang “Buds in a Jar, Buds in a Jar, Eatin like a fool with your Buds in a Jar” as I grabbed this snack from the fridge.

ALMOST Empty Peanut Butter Jar


1/2 Scoop of Vanilla Muscle Food Blended with a little water (this was my milk) and 1/3 of a cup of Bran Buds. Oh and LOTS of Cinnamon because I lurve it.



I cheated on my Bran Buds for flaky cereal in the last couple of Almost Empty PB jars but coming back to the Buds I now know they are the ones for me. This is the PERFECT combination.


One jar of MaraNatha PB, $ 4.59. Quarter cup of Bran Buds, I don’t know .50 cents? Buds in a Jar, priceless.

I know I make it seem like my Man and I have the perfect relationship on my blog, but that would be incorrect. It's more around ALMOST perfect HA. ANYWAY, I thought maybe I should share one of our fights with you. Seems appropriate, right?

One night my Man and I got in a fight over dishes, YES dishes. I was casually washing dishes in the sink when he blindsided me and started making accusations that I was a bad washer. He accused me of not rinsing the soap off before putting them in the other sink to be dried. This MIGHT have been the case, but that’s beside the point, at least I was washing them for once.

I retaliated by defending myself, “In this particular case I may not have, BUT I USUALLY ALWAYS do”. I convinced myself this was true but I failed to convince my Man. I got offended, “are you calling me stupid?” and he got mad, “You just CAN'T seem to get it no matter how many times I tell you”. This fight sounds funny and in hind sight it was, but at the time it ended in tears and me wishing he'd use a soapy dish and get the runs. He apologized 10 minutes later of course, because he really is a sweet heart. AND I retracted my wish. Or did I?

Okay, back to food.

I got home from work and had some Cukes as an Appy


Spoonful of Greek Yogurt, Splash of Vinegar, Dill and Salt. I adapted this recipe from Kim. We ate lunch together EVERY day throughout High School and when her dad grew cucumbers in the summer she'd make us some cucumber salad. Back then however, it was usually accompanied by some KD.

Last night it was accompanied by THIS


Bnut Squash Fries and Seitan with a side of Ketchup.

While I was making supper I got distracted by the TV and completely forgot that the Seitan was heating up on the George Forman. I finally remembered and as I raced to the George Forman I could already see that the lid had risen a good 3 inches.

LOOK at THIS beast




I think I eat it purely for the entertainment.

I spent the rest of the night on the computer, watching some TV, making French Toast Protein Bars and cleaning the kitchen. So domesticated I am.

Bed Time Snack


Two French Toast Protein Bars with PB.

Annnnnnnd I was out.

6 comments:

  1. I seriously cannot stop laughing at your posts!! Like the comment about your dog "look at this creep!!" hahahaha!! & then your comment about Starvin Marvin- cracked me up...
    & then this :"I enjoyed my creation while indulging in some Fly Girl action. That last line sounded dirty." Thought I was going to pee in my pants! (TOO much water..I feel like a camel)
    Whoa- I seriously need to stop reading- I am going to get into trouble @ work!! I keep trying to just laugh to myself but it is not working what so ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so your man and my man sound like the same person. Isn't it supposed to be US nagging THEM for never doing anything right? I hate dating someone with more common sense than me. Actually, I love it, but you get my point.

    I went to class the other day with protein powder on my shirt. It was brown and literally looked like I'd been eating dirt. So greek yog is totally acceptable, at least it's a real food.

    HUMNUT!!!!!! Love. Hope you're having a great day love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I cant wait to have lil fights like that when me and the bf move in. I know theyll happen eventually!

    and ps--I love drinking smoothies/protein shakes out of pretty classses! Glad to see someone else doing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl have you posted how you make that seitan ??! that looks SO good! haha, i have no idea what it is tho!
    yeah for sure-every relationship has its ups and downs..i think that is so normal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. please post on seitan!!! i have never made it but love it when whole foods salad bar has it. so delish

    ReplyDelete
  6. just wondering what temp/how long u cook ur bnut fries for? I always seem to keep mine in too long thinking they arent done..

    ReplyDelete