Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Hills are alive with the sound of...

I woke up at 7:00 yesterday morning. That’s right, 7:00. I was talked into attending Kick in the evening yesterday so I opted out of the AM workout. Two a days are just not my style. It was kind of nice to sleep in a little longer, but it would have been nicer had I planned that out ahead of time. Instead my alarm went off at 5:20, 5:30, 5:40, 5:50, 6:00 and finally I clued in that I wasn’t going to the gym and set it for 7. Then 6:35 rolled around and it was going off again. Or was it? Turns out, 6:35 is the start of my Man’s snooze marathon. 6:40, 6:45, 6:50, his is on the 5 minute increment circuit. I should have just went to the gym.. Despite my extra time I didn’t shower. I really want to like blow drying and straightening my hair but I don’t, instead I’d rather rock a high slightly greasy bun.

I arrived at the office and started my day off with THIS


1/3 Cup Oats, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 1 Tsp Maca Powder, Cinnamon, 2-3 Tbsp Almond Milk and ¾ Smashed Banana.

So I haven’t mentioned this yet, but we’ve added a new addition to the company as of this past Monday. Guess... Who... It... Is...

MY MAN


Professionalism comes naturally to him.


Him and his Dad on our Sin City trip.

I know what you’re all thinking, “DISASTER” or “are you kidding me? your sister, her husband, your mom, your dad and now your MAN? That is just ridiculous.” You're right, It’s so ridiculous and I like it. I’ve watched my parents work together for the past gazillion years (okay 15, maybe?) and i've seen how it's done. PLUS he works upstairs and I work downstairs, so it just means I get to see him a little extra everyday. AND now I have someone to carry Bailey's house into the office from the car. Everyone's a winner. And if you have to come bail me out of jail for domestic violence THEN you can tell me you told me so.

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday, what? I was in a rush okay. I have no excuses for liking this combination, all signs point to weird.


TVP, Oyster Mushrooms, Miracle Noodles. So far, so normal.

annnnnnnnd Ketchup. Weird, so weird.



My Man had some Lunch by Amy




He LOVED it. He also added more cheese in the above picture. If you're ever craving pizza pick up one of these bad boys.

My Afternoon Snack


3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt, 5 drops of Hazelnut Cream Stevia, Cinnamon, Tbsp PB and Tbsp Prairie Berry Jelly.

On the drive home from work my Man kept asking me what was wrong and I kept answering, "nothing". This didn't stop him from asking more questions. "You look like you're going to cry, how come?". BECAUSE I HAVE to go to Kick, that's WHY. "Well why are you going if you don't want to?" BECAUSE I ALREADY told the Kick instructor I was coming and Kristin is saving me a spot. "Well what's SO bad about Kick?" Everything. It's hard and it's not FUN. See the problem with Kick is that for someone who hates pushing themselves in this class you have NO choice. You can't fake jumping up and down. I was dreading the fact that I was going to hate my life in 21 minutes and that feeling was going to last 60 minutes.

I went. I hated my life (although it was kind of fun). I was sweaty. I had heart burn. I thought I was going to throw up. Then it was over. I was happy. I was pumped up. I could do ANYTHING. Five minutes past. I was tired. I couldn't move. I was dead to the world.

Oh and I have to comment on the fact that the super buff instructor (who's workouts only consist of group fitness classes)shared the fact that you can burn 500 calories in one class if you're a beginner and once you're more advanced you can burn up to 900 calories. No wonder I hate it..

I got home and made myself a 1/4 cup of Egg Whites in the Microwave


Protein Action.

And then some SUPPA


Despite my SERIOUS heartburn I made something that revolved around Ketchup. Acorn Squash wedges and tempeh. My heartburn turned into heartFIRE half through, I managed to finish the Acorn Squash but only half of the Tempeh.

Then I busted this out


Slathered it in Better Butter.

After supper, it was time for the HILLS!!



5 Reasons to Watch the Hills

1) Heidi's Mom
2) Spencer Pratt's Insanity
3) Heidi's Mom
4) Girl Drama
5) Heidi's Mom

Thank you Heidi's Mom for stealing the words right out of my mouth. Heidi was SO cute BEFORE she went to town with her plastic surgeon and now she looks, well, awkward, weird, kind of creepy. I've also decided that injecting fat into your cheek bones and having your eyebrows raised at 23 makes you look more masculine than feminine.

Before and after the Hills our TV watching consisted of the Detroit/Phoenix game. My Man watched the ACTUAL game while I looked for section 113. I knew the odds were stacked against me in my quest to spot my parents, BUT I just had to give it my best try. I was also intrigued by some of the last names skating around. One guys last name was practically Larabar and another was Millet Bread. Okay not quite. It was Labarbera and Miller, but at first glance I could have sworn..

Before packing it in for the night I had some...


Pumpernickle and Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB, SO good.

I also made my Man a Costco Sized Almost Empty Almond Butter Jar. These next series of photos look a little messy/gross but as per usual I'm still sharing..


In the background you might spot an Eyelash Curler, my Bstorm, Almond Milk, Crumbs.. I like to give objects and important words capital letters if you hadn't already noticed.




In this background you might spot some Stevia Drops, Mental Calmness Pills (my Man diagnosed himself with ADD), My Laptop, a Container. Imagine what the rest of the kitchen looks like.

It's much more fun making his Almost Empty Jars because no measurements are required. For me I have those damn self imposed rules that I have to measure. Self imposed rules suck. Anyway, I tossed in Heritage Cereal, Bran Buds, Puffins and Almond Milk. He also ate 4 waffles with maple syrup. He woke up this morning feeling like butt, nothing like a sugar/carb hangover.

I ALSO woke up in the middle of the night and had this with PB

11 comments:

  1. OH my gosh girl i TOTALLY AGREE about heidis momma!!! heidi LOOKED SCARY!! ugh!! i am gona be hooked on that show this season..

    good for you for going to that class!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you woke up in the middle of the night for a banana? ahhhhahah i love it...i do too, especially now that i'm single. omg i'm a perv.

    anyway -- heidi is such a floosy. like really, she looks like michael jackson. do you agree? her face is so tight, and i laughed my heiny off when her dad said she looked frozen. "yes i want to look like barbie!" FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten a chance to watch The Hills yet! Ahhh I'm so excited, it's going to be my reward for finishing my first final tomorrow :)

    I like making food for my BF too...I can just throw whatever in and he'll eat it. Gotta love the boys.

    Hope you're having a great hump day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i missed the hills last night! i didnt even realize it was back on last night. im defenitly going to watch it when i get a chance tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get cute paper plates for my breakfast cookies!!!!!!!!! I always love yours : )

    Love your middle of the night snacks, my fiance gets up in the middle of the night all the time and gets a snack, I never do!

    Ahhhhhhhh heidi, so sad, so young and ruined herself with all that surgery, I love the hills!!!!!

    Loving the Amys Pizza your man had, those are yummy!!

    love ya! Happy Hump Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOTALLY agree with your comment about Heidi- what the HECK has she done to herself??! ew! She does look more manly now- her eyebrows are like major arches...weirrrrd!
    & lovin' the acron squash wedges- they look really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg this reminds me- i missed the hills too! omg kk thanks for mtv online lol.. ima go watch that.

    btw i always wanted to write this but forget- i love ur flower bowls/plate SO much.. .theyre the cutest little things.

    and amy's kitchen products rock!! (just like u :D) xo <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your description of the KICK class!!!! I definitely relate to that feeling of dreading going but then being happy you actually did it. Is it like cardio kickboxing?

    You're totally right about Heidi...she looked so cute prior to the FAKENESS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a very strong stance on believing that a person's heart whether it be strong or not, can really affect someone's outer appearance. I have used the example of the biggest loser show, stating that the contestants overall obesity is due to something that is going wrong internally. By watching the Hills last night, I realized that this can apply to people who are already beautiful and have a fit body. I firmly believe that Heidi got so much plastic surgery because she is lost on the inside. She has thrown her once fun loving, friend filled life to be with a man who is only with her to make money. She did not get plastic surgery to make herself look better. She is trying to fill the void in her heart that she has been carrying around ever since she went down that path with Spencer and left her friends and practically her family behind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DAMN girl that kick class sounds brutal. Way to toughen up and go to it. If I were you I would have been going through those motions as well. Heart burn ahh during kick class double ahh. You go girl! Way to make it through it alive :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep her mom said it best and even after all she said to her OWN daighter, she is happy with her decisions, and she looks like an alien...did you see when she cried?!??! her face did not move at all! it was ridic...i feel sorry for her that she changed her life due to someone else...

    KICK sounds awesome! I am going ot feel that way when I do my first insanity dvd tomorrow! I did the FIT test yesterday to get a sense of what its like and its insane indeed!!

    have a great day! xox

    ReplyDelete