Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Krinkle This

Hey HEY hey!

So yesterday morning I had my very own personal trainer at the gym… He was free, good looking and he smelled good.. So much so I even took him home.. SCANDALOUS

The trainer was My MAN!


(Yum)

Since he’s working shut down, and that’s close to my work, we’re car pooling. Somehow car pooling extended to going to the gym together as well which was totally cool with me. He decided that he would try and wake up at that freakishly early hour and hit the gym with me, possibly show me a thing or two. The night before he went through all my Oxygen Magazines and came to the conclusion that girls/boys workouts are practically the same and that in turn I can do HIS workout.

SO he designated yesterday as my arms day. He had me do 2 exercises for shoulders, 3 for tri’s and 3 for bi’s. He also hovered over me and kept asking “is that enough weight? Are your arms sore? Is that enough weight? How does that feel? How many is that?” Soooo many questions; I wasn’t sure what the right answer was because any answer always ended in the addition of more weight. He also MADE me stretch in between sets and exercises. I tried to slack off and stop as soon as he walked away, but he had some sort of sixth sense. “I said stretch”. Damn, I hate stretching.

I loved working out with him because he pushed me harder. He also spotted my dumbbells (do people even do that? bars yes, but dumbbells?) and he would help me lift them a little if I got stuck. This meant that I could use heavier weight than I’ve been lifting. Heavier weight = better results. Winner, winner.

After working out with that Drill Sergeant I needed one of these more than ever. Straight up class with this Mug.


Since FULL Scoop Patrol (My Man) was on duty I had to have a heaping scoop of Muscle Food. He’s always outraged when I use ½ scoops.

When I got to work I couldn’t wait to have THIS (shocking)


1/3 Cup Oats, ¾ Smashed Nanner, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 1 Tsp Maca Powder, Cinnamon, Splashes of Almond Milk and drizzle of Agave. Straight out of the fridge where it chilled and turned into perfection all night.

I don't know where the morning went, but for the most part I think it went to Bills, Deposits, Reconciliations, basically boring Accouting things..

Ding, Ding, Ding - Lunch Time


Enter Seitan Cutlets. I covered the Seitan in Stone Ground Mustard and Ketchup placing it on top of some spinach. On the side was green beans and ½ a grapefruit. Such a colourful lunch, or maybe it's just the plate..

Seitan Verdict? Chewy, thick and GOOD. Now I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that Seitan probably isn’t for everyone. I however, like this texture. It’s satisfying and high in protein (around 25 grams). Next time I make them I probably won’t simmer then QUITE as long. I think the longer your cook em the harder/chewier they become.

So my Sister had an eye appointment last week and when she came back from the Doctor she was full of happy stories. Apparently earlier that day the Optometrist had discovered Cancer in one of his patients, a patient who was just there for a routine eye exam. Could you imagine? My heart just sank for that person. Apparently you can have freckles behind your eyes that turn into skin cancer.

SO the Hypochondriac in me immediately booked myself an appointment, if anyone has freckles behind their eyes it’s me. Tanning bed lights? No Sunglasses? Annual two week trips to Mexico? I'm doomed. I mean, when I lay out I close my eyes and all but I know I'm just an eyelid a way from full on staring at it.

So around 2:30 I was headed to see the Eye Doctor for a Routine eye appointment, only 4 months too early. I’m due in September, details, details. I tried to call and see if I could make an appointment just for that machine that takes pictures (finds cancer) of your eyes, but apparently that's not option. The lady made that evident whith her rude condesending comments, "What do you mean by "that machine"? and no you have to book a WHOLE routine, not parts of it." Ohhhh Fine, sign me up then i’ll take it all. He just better not tell me my contacts are ripped.

When I got there I had to wait for what felt like forever. I did all those weird tests/"machines", the one that blows air into your eye, the one where you stare at the tractor and this new one where you have to click the control every time you see a squiggly line on the screen. Was I at the eye doctor or chucky cheese? Good times.

Funny that I book the appointment specifically for the ONE test they forgot to run. Luckily, my Optometrist realized this before I had left the office. So they quickly took the pictures, two of each eye, and he told me he’d call me if anything shows up. Great. "Bye! Hope to not talk to you soon."

When I got back to work I was ready for this, actually I was ready for this as soon as I walked into the Optometrists waiting room but still..


1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt, 1/2 Scoop of my Man's Chocolate Protein Powder, 1/2 Tbsp PB annnnd some sliced Banana. Mmm Mmm good.

I picked my Man up around 4:40 to be exact and we headed home for a Protein Bar making Extravaganza. I made my French Toast Protein Bars and HE made a pumped up and altered version. His went something like this...

Man Protein Bars

2 Smashed Bananas
1 Cup Greek Yorgurt
4 Servings Chocolate Protein Powder
1/3 Cup of Peanut Butter (he wanted 1/2 cup but talked him down and he settled at 1/3)
1/4 Cup Applesauce
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda

I was too busy admiring mine and I completely forgot to take a picture of his. It looked just like mine though, only fatter. He taste tasted a piece with a drizzle of Agave and said it was yummay. Actually he said it was "good" but what he meant was yummay. I licked the bowl clean and I can tell you that THAT was "good".

I was ready for some Suppa after all that baking and I couldn't WAIT to try out this new tool my Grandma bought me!!!

Krinkle Cutter



I forgot to take a picture so I had to steal this photo off of the internet. I know, I know sucha slacker yesterday. Apparently I feel that copyright laws don't apply to me.

Suppa


KRINKLE SWEET POTATO FRIES YAY, I tossed these babies in Chilli Powder and Salt (spraying them with Olive Oil Spray first for "stick")annnnd another Seitan Cutlet with Sauteed Mushrooms. Side of Ketchup.

As my Man watched me cut my fries, he kept warning me not to cut myself. Then he made some comment like "were going to have to take you to the emergency room over fancy fries". Yes, we just might. Soooooo worth it.

Dessert


Two Figs with PB.

Snacks

French Toast Protein Bars x2 with PB



Pumpernickle and PB



Consumed at 1:00AM. My Man fell asleep downstairs and when I woke him up at 9:40 to come to bed he told me he'd be right up. Of course when I woke up at 1:00 I was alone in bed. I thought about calling his cell phone from mine (I'm lazy like that) but I lured myself downstairs with thoughts of pumpernickle/pb.

Like how I classified the first thing as dessert and the second two as snacks? See if you classify things as Desserts, Snacks etc.. then everything has a place. There's room for more this way. Three snacks might have been too many but a dessert and two snacks? Completely acceptable.

9 comments:

  1. loving all the home made pro bars on here!
    you and your man make the HOTTEST couple, just sayin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie, you and your man make a hot couple!! He sounds like quite the personal trainer...my BF wouldn't take it easy on me either. Hope you're having a great day love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh nice, you've got a hot man ;)!

    and yes, boys and girls can do the same workouts! Glad you had fun working out with him.

    and krinkled sweet potatoes?! Sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you were working out with your yummilicious man, I can see that you've got a whole lot motivation to get your butt to the gym! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow girl you totally rocked out the great eats in this post! And is that your boyf? OMG Drool :) you're a lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OW OW you guys are smoking! Love how you both make protein bars.. couple made in heaven.. WHAT?! I am so with your man I would be trying to throw way too much peanut butter into them. Sorry PB = obsession.

    Ahug I hate going to the eye doctor, but he is a family friend so that makes it better :o) I am so blind. -4.75 both eyes

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boyfriend trains me sometimes in the gym too. He's seriously a drill sergeant on a mission. He also puts to much weight on me and helps out if I need it. It's harder then I've ever lifted in my life!

    I've never seen a krinkle cutter but I want to check them out. I don't even get how they work but I like it already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love training with the BF too! It is so awesome they definitely push you, we try to work out together at least 3 times a week. When I have him I really try to focus on weight training because I can do cardio on my own. Great eats girlie!! Happy Humpday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love working out with the BF too, it is awesome they definitely know how to push you! When I do work out with him, I try to focus on weight training because I can do cardio by myself. Your eats all look delish girlie! Have a happy HuMPDAY!

    ReplyDelete