Friday, April 2, 2010

Let Loose

Ohhh where to begin? Exactly where I always do, the gym. I was woken up by what I’m sure can be considered the universal sound for F U, a morning alarm. If I look back in blog I’m sure I can be quoted as saying something along the lines of “Once you start waking up for the gym in the early am you get used to it”. LIES, LIES, LIES. Quote this instead, “Mornings suck, but so does the gym so you might as well kill two birds with one stone.”

Once I get there and get moving I immediately change from a sleepy grump to Miss Happy. Those endorphins make me HIGH. I started out with 20 minutes of intervals on the elliptical trainer. For weights, yesterday was my designated “legs” day. I did a ton of machines. Anything that had a diagram with highlighted leg muscles I did. I even ventured, into what I call the boys room. It’s where all the mayjah machines are and it normally intimidates me. Yesterday I let loose and with total disregard for the 3 other guys in there. I studied the machine diagrams, improperly tried a few out, accidentally dropped a 20 pound weight and did 3 sets of 12 reps on the squeaky machine. Ohhhh i'll be back boys.

Proud of my accomplishments I came home for THIS


¾ Scoop Muscle Food. I’m scared of a full scoop, what if I’m too full for…

An Easter Cookie with a side of Alive


That would be tragic. You know what else is tragic? A Spicy Easter Cookie.

So my Man and I bought this new Cinnamon from Costco. We were looking for cinnamon and I had passed over this kind because it said Saigon Cinnamon. However, when I was about to keep going My Man announced he'd found it and threw it in the cart. I figured maybe Saigon was Cinnamon in another language? ANYWAY, I used it to make this breakfast cookie and as soon as I started eating this I knew something was wrong. It was sweet and good as usual until the AFTER taste. This cookie had BITE. It was SPICY Cinnamon, yuck. Clearly I ate it anyway and pretty much licked the plate, but that Cinnamon is not okay. And what is Saigon? A place? A place with spicy cinnamon?

Oh and I was reading Alive because the internet and Accounting system was down, not because i'm slacker, which I am but not in this case. No wait I retract that statement. I suppose there were other work related things I could have done without the computer. Details, details. It got sorted out pretty quickly anyway.

Lunch was this Mix


Acorn Squash, Ketchup and a bean burger. This burger was not one of my finest attempts at cooking. I mixed half a cup of kidney beans with a Tbsp of Greek Yogurt annnnd Salt. It tasted good but it was missing 1 Tbsp of Whole Wheat Flour.

My Fav Beans



Afternoon Snack was one Fruit Parfait


3/4 Cups Yogurt, Strawberries, Blackberries and 1/2 Tbsp Chocolate Dreams PB & Co.

When I got home after work I was either thirsty or hungry. I knew I was dehydrated and probably just needed water BUT I went with more food instead.

Pump Banana Protein Bar & PB



After my quick snacking sesh my Man and I cleaned the kitchen. Team work, yay. We spent the next hour doing a whole lot of nothing, we're practically experts in this area. First we sat at the table talking about whatever we could think of and then we decided to play with Bailey outside for a bit.

Before making supper I ran to the grocery for something I was is desperate need of, CINNAMON.

Suppa


Baked Kale, 1/2 Cup Kidney Beans, 1/2 Cup Edamame Beans, Red Tomato, Yellow Tomato annnnd Shitake Mushrooms.

I covered this good looking mix in Sea Salt and Nutritional Yeast.



Dessert

What else?


More protein bars, annnnnnnd they're gone.

I spent the rest of the night watching TV. Has anyone else been watching Fly Girls? I had high hopes for that show (get it?) but it's been really disappointing. I think the girls lost their personalities mid air somewhere. Or make it's the lack of fresh oxygen?

Before calling it a night I HAD to come downstairs for an Ezekiel English Muffin. It was one of those things where I thought of them for no apparent reason and then I couldn't talk myself out of having one. Since I didn't think I was actually hungry I tried to just have half.


That NEVER works. I finished the other half immediately after. Yum.

My Man ended up going out with some of the guys from his hockey team and so he woke me up when he got home at 2:00. Oh no you didn't. Now I HAVE to eat again.

I started off with a bowl of Heritage Cereal with some Almond Milk and Agave.


This picture is lacking the milk and agave because like a good blogger I reenacted my unpictured food from last night (this also explains the natural light in these photos).

I didn't stop there. I decided to have a Vitamuffin, but the question was which kind? Since it was too late to make a decision like this I decided to have BOTH.


Both smothered in Better Butter (Earth Balance). After eating both so close together I made an informed decision and decided that I like the Blueberry better. Don't get me wrong though they're both amazing.

You know what they say, eat your carbs in the EARLY morning.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA, I LOVE the mornings such quote. SUCH a good mantra, and so true!! I can never stop at half of anything, especially something as delicious and carby as an English muffin. Own it girl!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete