
Putting MY own tea in a Starbucks cup amuses me what can I say.
Around 8:30, I shouldn’t have mentioned that since it exposes just how early I was actually up, my Man and I were texting and he mentioned that he had forgotten his lunch and snacks. Well that’s just TRAGIC, so I told him I swing by with both. He was having left over Mexican Chicken, which by the way he LOVED. Athankyou very much. Talk about delivery service right? I’m sucha good girlfriend. Since the sun was shining and NO ONE else is on the road at 8:30 on Easter morning I actually really enjoyed the drive. It would have been more relaxing had my passenger not been whaling the whole time. Apparently Bailey wasn’t up for the ride.
On my way home I decided to cheer up my sour co-pilot and take her over to my parent’s house. There she can run around freely and eat all the leaves she wants. My Sister ended up arriving shortly after I did to go swimming SO I joined her. I mostly just did tricks off the diving board and with my smooth landings managed to significantly lower the water level.
Co-Pilots

Following my swim I showered there too. When I went to shampoo my hair I noticed the WIDE assortment of choices..Marc Anthony, Infusions, Kirkland Brand, Crew, L’Oreal etc.. I went with the obvious choice, Crew for Men. Now I don’t know if it was the men’s shampoo or the Marc Anthony Conditioner I used but my hair was SOFT. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror on the way out and I could have sworn I was in a Herbal Essence commercial.
I headed home for lunch and to grab Bailey some food. She was going to spend the day at my parents since my Mom’s hosting Easter Supper. Less trucking around of the dog that way. I stopped at Safeway on my way home and found THESE
VitaTOP Muffins

I taste tested one obviously

Pass. Yup, their good.
I tossed some Bnut fries in the oven for lunch. Wait, before you start accusing me of addiction I have to share something with you. So I don’t know if you noticed but over the past week I really tried to up my protein intake. Why? Because I’m trying to build muscle and muscle is a trader and needs protein to grow (damn it). Anyway, the point of this story is that I’ve decided to up my protein during the week (shooting for 100 grams a day) when I’m hitting the gym/doing weights but on the weekends I can slack off a little. Or a lot if you look back to yesterday. SO bnut fries? Bring it.
While these were cooking I decided to be productive and make myself protein for the week. I whipped up some Seitan Cutlets.
Recipe
1 ½ Cups Vital Wheat Gluten
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 Tbsp Almond Milk
¾ Cup Cold Water
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.

Now combine the two and knead the dough. I had to add about a ¼ cup more of cold water to make it completely mix together. Keep kneading it until it seems to be one big well mixed together ball. Now flatten it down with your hands and cut into 4 cutlets.

Next, put 2 cups of water and 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce into a pan and heat until it’s simmering (not boiling). Place the cutlets in the water and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, flip and cook for 15 more.

Once they are done put them in a container with the broth and refrigerate.

Now they are ready when you are, just heat em up. I have yet to try them, so don't go making them just yet. I wouldn't want to be held responsible for someone eating rubber. I'll keep you posted.
My timing was impeccable. As soon as I was finished with the Seitan, the oven was finished with my bnut fries.

Ketchup x4
It was time to head back over to my parent’s house when a bright idea popped into my head. Walk over. Why not? I’ll tell you why not, because although it appeared to be nice out from the comfort of the condo castle it was actually -14 with the windshield. It also became quickly evident that it was a bad idea based on my attire, capri sweats and a long sleeve shirt. I had barely made it to the end of the block before I was questioning whether or not I should keep going or turn around and drive. I kept going. It took me 26 minutes and 37 seconds. I know this because I talked to Kim on the phone the entire way there. At one point though I thought I was going to have let her go so I could make an important phone call to my dad. “Dad, can you please come pick me up from the second wind shelter, I mean mail box, on lakeridge road?”. Like the trooper I am I stuck it out.
When I finally arrived at my parents place, windblown and dishevelled, I went for a hot tub round 2. Nice and warm I was ready for Easter supper with the Fam.

My Plate

Cabbage Rolls, Bread, Sweet Taters, Beet and Salad.
MY Cabbage Rolls

The 3 cabbage rolls on my plate pictured above are not accurate. I quickly ate those and then finished the other 3 remaining in the dish. My Grandma made me my very own cabbage rolls sans beef. I told you she’s the greatest. They were AWESOME, just like her.
Dessert

Strawberries, Mango, Banana and Pineapple.
Everything was SO good as usual.
My Man's night looked more like this.. Straight from Work to his Dads to Hockey. Since his window of Easter Dinner opportunity was rather small (1/2 hour) we decided to split up. Since he was still at hockey when I came home I got to making this mornings bfast cookie, his lunch for today (eww it's sick how much I love him, packing lunches? guilty) annnnd surfed the net a little.
I also had a few more snacks cause that’s what I do...
2 French Toast Protein Bars covered in unpictured PB

1/2 a piece of Pumpernickle with PB

Blueberry Vitamuffin

x2 GASP

I have no explanation for that SERIES of snacking, none what so ever.. To be completely honest there was 1/2 a banana in there too.. just saying..
Aww, so nice of grandma to make you cabbage rolls! I ate all veggies yesterday at Easter because my only other choices were meat, cole slaw and jello salad. Ew.
ReplyDeleteLove the seitan cutlets!! I'm obsessed with how chewy and filling seitan is! Hope you're having a great Monday pretty lady!! xo
you are gorgeous girl! Thanks for coming by my blog...truly appreciated your comment!
ReplyDeleteand once I upped my protein to around 1 gram per body weight then I really started to see my body change for hte better! Good job with upping the protein!
you are sooo pretty & your dog well I want to come steal him away from you ---- TOO CUTE!
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing that protein recipe! I totally just bought some protein powder when I was at whole foods (sorry yours is so far away big bummer) so that I can make them!! WOO and I will remember to refrigerate them :o) Thank you!
Have not tried vitatops yet but they do look so good!! I think I haven't for the sole reason that I would prefer a 100 calorie bar of chocolate over a muffin top! Maybe I will have to though
Molly